• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's difficult to simplify. Things were going pretty well post-Cold War with Bush 41 and Clinton. 9-11 changed the world. Bush 43 allowed himself to be convinced of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and we've spent an awful lot of blood and treasure in an area of the world that will likely never have real value to us other than oil. When the oil depletes? Perhaps we'll still need the shipping lanes for trade, but we won't have much use for any of the other resources over there, including the people. And Europe is dealing with the effects of Islamization in their own countries because of the establishment of liberal policies in the EU and our wars against terrorism.

Bush 43 and Barry did an awful job. Trump gets a pass in that regard because he hasn't really been willing to up the ante. Give it to sonnyboy to solve. :P That didn't work so well, but truthfully, Don Jr had as good a chance as any to not get anything accomplished.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Please let us not act like the left. I wish no ill to Judge Ginsberg. I believe I disagree with her on most points, but I do not hate her.

I am not the PC guy. There should be a little decorum.

I can not tell you how many " ... and good riddance" posts I called out after Justice Scalia died.

That is the level of decorum we can expect from the left.
    I agree and I say we do not go there.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    More winning.

Democrats agree to confirmations of 15 Trump judges. In exchange, Dems facing reelection can go home to campaign.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/11/senate-democrats-judges-895168

Senate Democrats accepted an offer from Senate Republicans to confirm 15 lifetime federal judges on Thursday in exchange for the ability to go into recess through the midterms so endangered Democrats can campaign.

The calculation by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and his caucus was simple: That Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would be able to confirm roughly 15 judges if he kept the Senate in session for the next few weeks anyway. So Democrats OK’d an offer to confirm three Circuit Court judges and 12 Circuit Court judges as the price to pay to go home for election season.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I pray it remains peaceful. I want to be optimistic; cautious but optimistic.

Remember that the violence from the leftists is bait...these people (ANTIFA, etc...) are useful idiots playing a role in a greater campaign. We have to rise above it, and respond in kind only when absolutely necessary to preserve life.

The left wants us to respond violently. They want to see us in the streets. They want to see us armed. They want to goad us into a fight, and they want to lose it...badly. They want footage of "savage gun-owners" beating or (even better) shooting a bunch of their Pweshcioush Sneauflaques to go viral and make the national news rounds. They want it so they can paint us as savages who need civilization...starting with disarmament, I'd wager.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should forgo defending one's self if placed in that situation by these people, only as a reminder to be aware that any contact at all with these people is reasonably risky. I'm plainly a bit fearful of how far some of these people would go to prove themselves a victim.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Remember that the violence from the leftists is bait...these people (ANTIFA, etc...) are useful idiots playing a role in a greater campaign. We have to rise above it, and respond in kind only when absolutely necessary to preserve life.

The left wants us to respond violently. They want to see us in the streets. They want to see us armed. They want to goad us into a fight, and they want to lose it...badly. They want footage of "savage gun-owners" beating or (even better) shooting a bunch of their Pweshcioush Sneauflaques to go viral and make the national news rounds. They want it so they can paint us as savages who need civilization...starting with disarmament, I'd wager.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should forgo defending one's self if placed in that situation by these people, only as a reminder to be aware that any contact at all with these people is reasonably risky. I'm plainly a bit fearful of how far some of these people would go to prove themselves a victim.

I will most likely never be in their sights, but when attacked I get ahead. In order to not get ahead I practice avoidance.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will most likely never be in their sights, but when attacked I get ahead. In order to not get ahead I practice avoidance.

That's where I'm at with the whole thing. Best way to win a fight with them is to avoid it altogether. If I know they are going to be somewhere I'll be somewhere else.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    In my neighborhood we all get along. We are civil, we produce products people are willing to purchase, and we respect each other. Black/white/gentile/jew/muslim. I forgot Asian, same thing. When the SHTF, I'm thinking we will support each other as friends and business associates, and I'll give my life to protect the black owned business next to mine who works his ass off to earn his daily bread, as I do. And I think he will do the same for me. If they want a new civil war, I think we'll stand together, and overcome the freakin idiots who would rule us, given their tendancies.

Aye.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The optics are really bad for the left when they’re caught on video doing things like the recent video in portland. And then CNN or MSNBC has some activists on a panel defending Antifa as freedom fighters. Nearly everyone except the most extreme leftists sees it for what it is. When we see the proud boys or some other right wing groups mixing it up with Antifa, it maybbe satisfying to see some of those guys get knocked out cold, but then the optics aren’t nearly as effective.

Taking one for the team on the right shouldn’t be anything more than being willing tonvideo these idiots being violent, which is in itself dangerous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't seen where anyone's discussed Jordan Peterson's tweet, and the backlash. For those who don't twitter, he tweeted that Kavanaugh should step down.

BIG mistake. Now he's considering shutting down his twitter, probably so that he doesn't put his foot in his mouth and ruin the ride. He's tried to explain it, but it's a pretty clunky explanation. Basically he's trying to say that he meant that for the legitimacy of the court, given th controversy and the partisan divide, Kavanaugh should step down. And this kind fits within Peterson's overall message, and on some levels it makes sense. But not to the right.

And that's the reason I wanted to bring it up. I don't know if Peterson is just trying to undo a stupid tweet, or if he really was trying to make the point about partisanship. But seriously, why should the Jordan Peterson fans become so disappointed because he said something they disagree with? So what if he tweeted it because he didn't believe Kavanaugh? Should his fans really care that he has an opinion that they don't share? Is orthodoxy THAT required on the Right? I've heard a lot of Youtube pundits, who are fans of Peterson, say they're done with him because he "picked the wrong side."

So what it seems to me, they became fans of his because what he's been saying really resonates with them. So they start thinking he's one of them. He's on their side. Then he commits the equivalent of treason by picking the wrong side. Isn't that what the left does? Aren't right-wingers interested in letting people share their ideas? Or are the only ideas they're allowed to share just the ones they agree with. You're not one of us if you picked one of them.

I think that's kinda silly. The network of thinkers known as the intellectual dark web (a term I hate but it's what most people know) has a sort of purpose, which is to fight to protect free speech. It was the thing that sort of catapulted Peterson into notoriety, and it's what brought the group which makes up the IDW together. And they're a politically diverse group. And they should get to have their own views. And those views should not drive people into their us/them tribes.

So what if Eric Weinstein is a lefty? As long as he's not forcing his ideas on people and preventing others from speaking theirs. So what if Jordan Peterson thought Kavanaugh was lying? It's not clear that's what he meant, but let's say worst case, it is. If we really think that freedom of expression, without the angry mob getting their vengeance, is the way we should conduct ourselves, there's nothing to be disappointed about. I thought on the right we don't do angry mobs.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    That's where I'm at with the whole thing. Best way to win a fight with them is to avoid it altogether. If I know they are going to be somewhere I'll be somewhere else.

Exactly.

CC at this time of the season. OC may instigate the left loonies into a situation to draw violence from the gun owner.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In a little change of pace, there's this going on in Tennessee's senatorial campaign:

Will Stewart, Tennessee Democratic Party Employee Who Said Phil Bredesen Lied About Kavanaugh Vote on Project Veritas Video, Still Working at Bredesen Senate Campaign Office - Tennessee Star

Bredesen is a former governor, running to replace that disappointment, Corker. He knows Tennessee is a Trump state (with the exception of Memphis, Nashville, and a few river counties). So, it sounds like he's trying to play the moderate card (with the 'I'd have voted to confirm Kavanaugh' statement) while taking Bloomberg money.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The "right" needs to remain steadfast. We are the ones who have experienced and endured outbreaks from the "left", from all level of the left. The lefts' leadership has slowly been motivating and growing their mice. Groupthink is a powerful thing and it is being cultivated more and more by left leadership. The "right" has been strong in their stance, resisting the urge of retaliation simply because we know better. We respect people, respect law, and respect constitutional authority. The left knows this and they are now going to push harder. Their new orders are to become violent, in your face, kick, harass, fight.....whatever it takes. Civility is absent in their effort to gain power.....not my words but the words of their leaders.

This is not going to go away suddenly....poof and it's all gone, all better. It is here to stay......unless we continue to vote AGAINST any and all effort they present. IOW, the best politician may not be the best for America. We must now vote for the best person that can smother the evil opposition. Being wishy washy is a vote for the left. Being diplomatic at the booth means they win yoru vote. we are not just voting ideologies that we will just have to live with until the next change.......we are voting for the actual future of our country.....our children.....our grandchildren.

We need to become more powerful than they are. We need to reverse and stop previous efforts to "change America". We need to do it now; we will not have another chance for decades, if at all.

Wake up America.....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Left's version of "compromise" is anything that moves the needle more progressive. If they were more moderate, the best they could hope is that the needle moves a tiny fraction. If they are completely outrageous, a "compromise" - a meeting in the middle - is now MUCH farther left.

Remember, they don't want to share the cake. They don't even want half. They want the WHOLE cake. Asking for a slice here and there isn't netting the goal fast enough. So, they have moved on to "JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN CAKE, YOU {insert derogatory label of the month}!!!!", knowing when they back down, they may STILL GET a huge slice of cake, because we are just happy they shut up. Then they do it again...

Personally, I wish we could find some actual conservatives that would STOP giving away my cake, and start pushing - hard - for cake to be returned.

The "right" needs to remain steadfast. We are the ones who have experienced and endured outbreaks from the "left", from all level of the left. The lefts' leadership has slowly been motivating and growing their mice. Groupthink is a powerful thing and it is being cultivated more and more by left leadership. The "right" has been strong in their stance, resisting the urge of retaliation simply because we know better. We respect people, respect law, and respect constitutional authority. The left knows this and they are now going to push harder. Their new orders are to become violent, in your face, kick, harass, fight.....whatever it takes. Civility is absent in their effort to gain power.....not my words but the words of their leaders.

This is not going to go away suddenly....poof and it's all gone, all better. It is here to stay......unless we continue to vote AGAINST any and all effort they present. IOW, the best politician may not be the best for America. We must now vote for the best person that can smother the evil opposition. Being wishy washy is a vote for the left. Being diplomatic at the booth means they win yoru vote. we are not just voting ideologies that we will just have to live with until the next change.......we are voting for the actual future of our country.....our children.....our grandchildren.

We need to become more powerful than they are. We need to reverse and stop previous efforts to "change America". We need to do it now; we will not have another chance for decades, if at all.

Wake up America.....

Top Bottom