YOU. TAKE. THAT. BACK.

tumblr_p8szllE19w1w0433po1_400.gif

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I've never understood all the hate for Nickelback.:dunno:

For their era and genre, they were as good as anybody and better than most.

I still think their video for Rockstar is one of the best ever.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Since he's been confirmed, and at this point, what difference does it really make... did the doctor's testimony sound a bit like a scene from a 1980s John Hughes movie? Or a Facts of Life episode?

"The Facts of Life" Season 1, Episode 6: "The Facts of Love"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I recently attended a little shindig put on by a Democrat running for office. Now, before I'm stripped of my INGO membership and shunned/banned forever, let me just say the candidate is running for township trustee, not Congress. And there was a roasted pig in attendance. And free beer may have been involved.

Anywho, he's a lifelong Democrat, from a family of lifelong Democrats. Blue collar, union guys, farmers, etc. They were feeling ANYTHING but energized about their party's prospects in November. They don't like Trump, but they know the actions of their party's leadership is how we got us some Trump, and will continue to get more Trump.

While the hard left turn the Dems are making, all the #resist, the Cory Booker as Spartacus, Kamala Harris's BS, etc plays well on the coasts, it's leaving Democrats in middle America behind.

I do not believe it! BEER! Democrats don't believe in beer!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Pffft. Trump is the teetotaler.

I've never seen a good union man that wouldn't have a shot of rye and a draft given almost any excuse.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've never understood all the hate for Nickelback.:dunno:
    Let Buckley explain it to you. Language warning.
    <em>[video=youtube;qoxng5D3oFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoxng5D3oFI[/video]

For their era and genre, they were as good as anybody and better than most.
    That's just it -the whole band was designed for mass appeal. There was nothing edgy or new - just manufactured music.

I still think their video for Rockstar is one of the best ever.
    The song where they, rich rock stars, dream about being rich rock stars? :dunno:

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Like I keep saying, the Dems are as fractured as the GOP is. Or was.

T'will be interesting to see how long this new honeymoon lasts.

I think there is a MASSIVE disconnect between democrat voters and democrat politicians.

Democrat politicians aren't all that fractured at all, they generally get all their members to vote together, with few disagreements actually making it to the vote. They're ultimately no further left or right than republicans on the majority of issues, they're just contrarian.

The voter base is certainly a different matter. As I explained earlier, you have avowed communists, pedophiles, anarchists, radical progressives, and just those who don't follow politics all that closely and think the party is the same as it was in the 60s. Where the big difference comes is that republicans infight and ignore the end goals in favor of the manners required to achieve those goals. Most the dem voter base doesn't care how the goal is achieved, and will ignore disagreements in favor of pushing towards power.

This is why I refuse to believe both parties "do the same thing." Because I'm sitting here working on getting people to support candidates who are supporting positions they desperately want pushed forward, but they infight to such a degree they'll disregard the good that will come from setting aside differences and going out to vote. I never see this on the democrat's side.

If republicans were smart they'd start adopting some of the good positions from the old school democrat politicians and make sure they get the message out to the dem's voter base. This would push the democratic party out of any and all relevance except for those out on the fringe.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Any aberration, anytime, anywhere.

Oh, I forgot it is thought crime to say aberration.

FYI: Incest is way up on their list too.

Top Bottom