• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm over it. We all can see what it is. The only ones lying are the Democrats and those that support them.
    The country is lost. When the federal government collapses I hope women and blacks and other protected special social classes enjoyed their era of priveledge, because they will never have it again as the country rebuilds. No one will make these same mistakes again

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Technically, not "can't" fly. But there's a strong opposition to it.

Ford: "I was hoping that they would come to me (in California) but I realized that was an unrealistic request."
    Mitchell: "it would have been a quicker trip for me."
    Ford: "That was certainly what I was hoping to avoid getting on an airplane. But I eventually was able to get up the gumption with the help of some friends and get on the plane."
    Mitchell: "You fly fairly frequently for your hobbies and you've had to fly for your work. Is that true?"
    Ford: "Correct. Unfortunately."
    Mitchell read from Ford's curriculum vitae, pointing to hobbies she pursues including "surf travel." Ford then confirmed she has flown to Hawaii, Coast Rica, South Pacific Islands and French Polynesia to surf.
    "It's easier for me to travel going that direction when it's a vacation," Ford said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...istine-ford-testimony-fear-flying/1443978002/

This, I am aware of...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think we should investigate Ford's parents. Particularly, her father. These neuroses are probably more deeply seated than some brief encounter with a drunk teenager...if that occurred at all. Could she have been molested by a relative?

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Saying someone has a fear of flying isn't the same as saying they can't fly. I know some want to use words interchangeably, to craft their own opinions to say she was "lying," but that isn't indicative of such.

giphy.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think you're putting too fine a point on it, Kut. Her lawyer used it as an excuse to delay the hearing. The committee offered to come to California and it was rejected by Ford or her "team", even though she mentions that she hoped they would come to California.

Add to this her previous "demands" of the committee (such as the requirement that Kavanaugh testify first) and it is obvious that there is game playing on her part. Is it significant enough to be a felony? Well, it's significant enough for me not to believe a word she says, even though I also believe that Kavanaugh drank a lot more than he is willing to admit.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Chris Plant on AM radio was talking about her dad the other day. He said that Mr. Ford belongs to a fancy country club where not one woman is allowed to step foot on the property. Even delivery vehicles. I'm not really trying to make a point here; just found it interesting. I didn't know there was a place in the country like that. Must be very peaceful.

I think we should investigate Ford's parents. Particularly, her father. These neuroses are probably more deeply seated than some brief encounter with a drunk teenager...if that occurred at all. Could she have been molested by a relative?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I golfed at Pine Valley CC in New Jersey in the 1980's. They had similar rules. Probably the finest golf course in the world according to many, although I think I'd probably rank it just a bit lower.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you're putting too fine a point on it, Kut. Her lawyer used it as an excuse to delay the hearing. The committee offered to come to California and it was rejected by Ford or her "team", even though she mentions that she hoped they would come to California.

Add to this her previous "demands" of the committee (such as the requirement that Kavanaugh testify first) and it is obvious that there is game playing on her part. Is it significant enough to be a felony? Well, it's significant enough for me not to believe a word she says, even though I also believe that Kavanaugh drank a lot more than he is willing to admit.

I don't think so. You're asking a woman, who originally asked to be kept anon, to come to DC, and enter a spotlight that put her out to the entire world. That ALONE is a daunting task, and combine that with an aversion to flying? I can see that as being quite terrifying.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I wasn't even thinking of it so much in terms of her lying, as I was it was a deceitful ploy on someone's part (the democrats) to buy another weeks delay; which they accomplished. They ARE very good at this game.

Saying someone has a fear of flying isn't the same as saying they can't fly. I know some want to use words interchangeably, to craft their own opinions to say she was "lying," but that isn't indicative of such.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It’s just Kut being Kut. Questions everything anyone else says and denies what they say. Don’t let him get to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I almost alway count on, it's the ability of people (not speaking of you specifically) to project their opinion into things as if they were said, despite those things not actually being said.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I wasn't even thinking of it so much in terms of her lying, as I was it was a deceitful ploy on someone's part (the democrats) to buy another weeks delay; which they accomplished. They ARE very good at this game.

They're elected and paid well to be good at the game. The more you can get away with the more votes you're awarded

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That may be true, and it's credible, based on their behavior thus far. But that fault rest at the foot of Democrats, not Ford. She's nothing more than a chesspiece.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't think so. You're asking a woman, who originally asked to be kept anon, to come to DC, and enter a spotlight that put her out to the entire world. That ALONE is a daunting task, and combine that with an aversion to flying? I can see that as being quite terrifying.

If you want to maintain your privacy, you don't make allegations in a confirmation process. She's got a PhD so she can't play naive and get away with it.

I have no sympathy for her.

Top Bottom