• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I see what people are saying, but must have missed the link where she states she CAN'T fly.

Dude , I refuse to believe you didn’t see this. It was national news and the SOLE reason given why she couldn’t make the first hearing and the initial “delay” of proceedings. It was what Grassley agreed on.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DoNaKtDXkAU7m8Q.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did she actually say she "CAN'T" fly? And the other stuff hasn't been proven to be a lie. Anyone who studied people who have traumatic experiences understands that their mind doesn't recall everything in detail. Some things may be very vivid, in their minds, and others not so much. That honestly applies to memories in general.

So her "faulty" memories are just "Eh, that's just how memory is.", but Kavanaugh's memories (and those of all the other people that have come forward to support his recollections and character) are lies? Seriously? Is that what you're saying Kut, because it sounds like that's what you're saying. Give her the benefit of the doubt, but if Kavanaugh can't remember a detail then he must be lying, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and yes she said she couldn't fly because as a victim of sexual assault an airplane is too confining. Her travel records indicate it's only confining if the plane is going to Washington. Every other location to which she has flown on vacations were apparently just fine.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well if they limit it to current "credible" allegations then the investigation should be over before it begins, since there are NONE.

We may not like it, but I'd say the majority of right-leaning pundits and media do acknowledge that Ford's story is credible, at least. Among the accusations, though, it is the only one that's credible

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dude , I refuse to believe you didn’t see this. It was national news and the SOLE reason given why she couldn’t make the first hearing and the initial “delay” of proceedings. It was what Grassley agreed on.

Oh you can guarantee he's seen it and if he truly hasn't then he probably shouldn't be chiming in on this thread anyway, since he hasn't been paying attention to this whole farce!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We may not like it, but I'd say the majority of right-leaning pundits and media do acknowledge that Ford's story is credible, at least. Among the accusations, though, it is the only one that's credible

Credible to the point that "something" probably happened to her. It's just those pesky details about when, where, and with whom she was with that are a little fuzzy.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If it makes you feel better, Democrats say just the opposite.

You must not have watched the hearings.

You must not pay attention to these hearings at all.

Kagen was given a vote.

Sotomoyer was given a vote.

You gotta be kidding if you believe they are the same.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So her "faulty" memories are just "Eh, that's just how memory is.", but Kavanaugh's memories (and those of all the other people that have come forward to support his recollections and character) are lies? Seriously? Is that what you're saying Kut, because it sounds like that's what you're saying. Give her the benefit of the doubt, but if Kavanaugh can't remember a detail then he must be lying, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and yes she said she couldn't fly because as a victim of sexual assault an airplane is too confining. Her travel records indicate it's only confining if the plane is going to Washington. Every other location to which she has flown on vacations were apparently just fine.

Kavanaugh is in the unenviable position of proving a negative; which can't be done. His memory doesn't come into play, because he has nothing to add. All he can say is if it "did" or "didn't" happen. He can't provide specifics other than an alibi from when the alleged assault too place.
    And as far as Ford flying, I'm still waiting on the claim that Ford says she "CAN'T" fly due to her history.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You must not have watched the hearings.

You must not pay attention to these hearings at all.

Kagen was given a vote.

Sotomoyer was given a vote.

You gotta be kidding if you believe they are the same.

"What Have You Done for Me Lately?"
    -Merrick Garland

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh you can guarantee he's seen it and if he truly hasn't then he probably shouldn't be chiming in on this thread anyway, since he hasn't been paying attention to this whole farce!

Still waiting. Do you guys have a link or what? At this point, it appears you do not. I've asked several times, some either it exists and no one wants it answer out of spite, OR her words have been misrepresented.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kavanaugh is in the unenviable position of proving a negative; which can't be done. His memory doesn't come into play, because he has nothing to add. All he can say is if it "did" or "didn't" happen. He can't provide specifics other than an alibi from when the alleged assault too place.
    And as far as Ford flying, I'm still waiting on the claim that Ford says she "CAN'T" fly due to her history.
    She had to "muster up the courage" to fly to Washington.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/poli...ford-flying-fear-kavanaugh-hearing/index.html

"The psychology professor told Mitchell she was finally able to muster the courage to fly to Washington, D.C. from her home in California.

Can you have a fear of flying and still fly?

"That was certainly what I was hoping was to avoid, having to get on an airplane, but I eventually was able to get up the gumption with the help of some friends and get on the plane," Ford said Thursday.

Mitchell later asked, "In fact, you fly fairly frequently for hobbies and you had to fly for your work, is that true?"
    "Correct, unfortunately," Ford.

Ford said that she comes to Delaware once a year to visit family. She also confirmed that she has traveled by airplane to Hawaii, Costa Rica, South Pacific Islands and French Polynesia.
    "It's easier for me to travel going that direction when it's a vacation," Ford said.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Technically, not "can't" fly. But there's a strong opposition to it.

Ford: "I was hoping that they would come to me (in California) but I realized that was an unrealistic request."
    Mitchell: "it would have been a quicker trip for me."
    Ford: "That was certainly what I was hoping to avoid getting on an airplane. But I eventually was able to get up the gumption with the help of some friends and get on the plane."
    Mitchell: "You fly fairly frequently for your hobbies and you've had to fly for your work. Is that true?"
    Ford: "Correct. Unfortunately."
    Mitchell read from Ford's curriculum vitae, pointing to hobbies she pursues including "surf travel." Ford then confirmed she has flown to Hawaii, Coast Rica, South Pacific Islands and French Polynesia to surf.
    "It's easier for me to travel going that direction when it's a vacation," Ford said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...istine-ford-testimony-fear-flying/1443978002/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Top Bottom