• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I want to see a conservative, black lesbian in there next.
    That should blow some minds. :):

......and with a limp.

.....or a hump.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You guys honestly think that the rest of the justices would just sit by if she was unable to do her job?

That's an interesting question. I don't know how the other Justices feel or what they think. Nor do I know what, if any, process there is for them to review or comment on the competency of any other Justice. I do believe that, under the circumstances, they may may err on the side of excessive caution and refrain from making any comment or taking any action that could add to the political controversy around a Supreme Court nomination. Certainly, any negative comment or move to impeach or remove Ginsburg would be met with a firestorm of outrage from the Media and the Democrats. I think even if she were catatonic though oral arguments or deliberations nothing could/would be done by the other Justices.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's an interesting question. I don't know how the other Justices feel or what they think. Nor do I know what, if any, process there is for them to review or comment on the competency of any other Justice. I do believe that, under the circumstances, they may may err on the side of excessive caution and refrain from making any comment or taking any action that could add to the political controversy around a Supreme Court nomination. Certainly, any negative comment or move to impeach or remove Ginsburg would be met with a firestorm of outrage from the Media and the Democrats. I think even if she were catatonic though oral arguments or deliberations nothing could/would be done by the other Justices.

Would that action open a door for removal of others....????

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. I absolutely do.

Snitches get stitches. Its the Notorious RBG, after all. They're afraid she'll shank 'em. :bat:

But seriously, I expect them all to sit there and shut up because they dont want to be in the hotseat themselves later. Call it "Professional Courtesy".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....But seriously, I expect them all to sit there and shut up because they dont want to be in the hotseat themselves later. Call it "Professional Courtesy".

This.

...and don't think that they wouldn't be sensitive to the accusation that they were politicizing the court and trying to get Trump another appointment.

....and some day, it could be them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    For the most part all public servants stick together. Cops, teachers, legislators, etc. Not shocking that judges are no different.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    She's been on the court for 25 years, working with say 12-13 people during that time. Part affiliations aside, you probably cultivate some pretty ironclad loyalty being in such an exclusive club.

It may shock some people these days, but it is possible to really like someone on a personal level that you have deep disagreements with.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You guys honestly think that the rest of the justices would just sit by if she was unable to do her job?

Yes I do, to a point.

First, she is a colleague to all and probably on friendly terms with many, if not all. After all, don't you have a good friend of a coworker that you might not see eye-to-eye with all the time but you're both human and friendly with one another? It would be hard to do.

Second, no matter what out of fairness you'd want to give a coworker time to get back on their feet and do what they love doing.

However, at some point it will become a malfeasance to "just sit by" when you know someone that can't perform their duty is still in that position. Even the friendly buddy at work has to be reported if they can't keep themselves and everyone else safe. Of course, the other court employees, including judges, just need to have a discussion or two before it is leaked to the press. Then the press will do their just and proper job of investigating a potentially huge issue that could affect countless millions of people based upon certain court decisions.

So I think they would sit by for awhile and then have possibly a discussion or two. After that the media machine will take over and it will be out of their hands.

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It may shock some people these days, but it is possible to really like someone on a personal level that you have deep disagreements with.

This is an idea that needs to spread! Almost no one with whom I disagree is an enemy. I have many friends with whom I vehemently disagree but we still call each other friend.

And sometimes, over time, I've actually learned that those I have disagreed with were right, and I was wrong. Shocking I know, but true.

Living in an echo chamber is like being a couch potato. Fun and easy, but no exercise for our mind.

Regards,

Doug

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Snitches get stitches. Its the Notorious RBG, after all. They're afraid she'll shank 'em. :bat:

But seriously, I expect them all to sit there and shut up because they dont want to be in the hotseat themselves later. Call it "Professional Courtesy".

I thought "Professional Courtesy" was sharks not biting lawyers?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom