• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Well, now wait a minute...I'm sure we all agree that Rhino is a douche, but it's not for the reason stated, right?

I mean, I think he's a douche, but that's because he's my pal and I can get away with such terms of endearment.

But just because he prefers that we all return home from the range with two functioning eyes is certainly not douche-ish, douche-like or even total-douche behavior.

I just thought that needed to be be made clear. Then again, it probably would have all come out in the wash. (Heh)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've seen way to much spall off of metal drums to ever use them for simulated cover, particularly without eye protection. The execution of technique shown in that video is, at a minimum, sloppy [as regards the drawstroke] and, in some cases, such as the close quarters shooting, unworkable in less than ideal circumstances.
    This is about the most effective use of this entire thread that I can remember...:+1:

care to ellaborate on the red section for the OP Paul? or anyone for that matter

or is it better to stick to pointing out obvious safety issues, self-back patting, and "douche- baggery" LOL

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Geez, I honestly figured that guy had to be a buddy of all of you just messing around without his purple pen. No way someone could be serious and post such a childish post. I guess the internets are full of surprises.

I'm imagining this face when VUPD dropped the hammer.
    misery-1.jpg

Then he probably felt all
    Kathy-Bates.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    "This website sucks", but I'd put money on him trying to re-register several new accounts. People can't seem to get enough of this "sucky" website. :dunno:

notice he only went after Rhino, not ALL THE REST OF US who've dominated this thread.

Yeah... he didn't have an agenda...

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    While I will not call out any names, this issue has been bugging me for most of this thread - which unfortunately, I started. It will not happen again. It's not worth it. I really enjoy this forum most of the time but, there are others.

There are those who have posted, who shall remain nameless in this post, that really are just "Drama Queens" and looking for an internet fight. They truely may have some good info or recommendations to offer -that I don't doubt but, they prefer to blow up their chest and EGO and be condesending as hell. All that does is "show their ass" and them being a jerk. Offering up words of wisdom in things you may know instead of sounding like a "Mama's basement bomb thrower" would go waaaaaay farther in helping our sport and people to stay interested in arming and helping themselves - which it kinda what I thought was one of the intentions of the site (but I could wrong). Instead they draw some sort of sick satisfaction by ripping on others and then sitting at their computers snickering like little school girls at the mischief they caused. It's just sad. They need to just go watch more "Housewives" and leave the drama there.
    We are all here because of our shared interest in the same thing and yet some feel they need to belittle or attack or show that they know more than the rest. Give it up!! We have enough idiots out there trying to take away our sport, our guns, our ammo and our RIGHTS that we don't need that crap within our ranks. (Been in the Military?? Dissencion sucks!) It does us no good to **** each other off.
    Please! Offer up your words of wisdom but don't be a condesending jerk. And to those level headed individuals that kept us somewhat on track or were just good "posters"... Thank you!! I appreciate that.
    And in the eternal words of Forrst Gump, " That's all I have to say about that". :rolleyes: :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    notice he only went after Rhino, not ALL THE REST OF US who've dominated this thread.

Yeah... he didn't have an agenda...

The rest of us are just the dumb smucks who might not be smart enough to research our instructors before throwing money at them.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    While I will not call out any names, this issue has been bugging me for most of this thread - which unfortunately, I started. It will not happen again. It's not worth it. I really enjoy this forum most of the time but, there are others.

I am simply amazed that you still have not recognized the one MAIN issue being addressed throughout this entire thread....SAFETY.

I am sure those who posted this video on youtube mean to do so as a form of advertising, which is a good idea and a great way to draw in potential new clients.

BUT, if they do so, also expect some criticism if people have safety concerns. I actually took the time to look at their website and was glad to see they even have a "HOME SECURITY/CLEARING" COURSE FOR CIVILIANS, I just made a post about that the other day.

We didn't knock you for taking the course, we didn't knock them for holding it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I am simply amazed that you still have not recognized the one MAIN issue being addressed throughout this entire thread....SAFETY.

I am sure those who posted this video on youtube mean to do so as a form of advertising, which is a good idea and a great way to draw in potential new clients.

BUT, if they do so, also expect some criticism if people have safety concerns. I actually took the time to look at their website and was glad to see they even have a "HOME SECURITY/CLEARING" COURSE FOR CIVILIANS, I just made a post about that the other day.

We didn't knock you for taking the course, we didn't knock them for holding it.

safety is :horse: in this thread, but as you pointed out it's an advertising video

what post about "home clearing" are you talking about? I'd be interested to read through it, I must have missed that one.......it's odd that their is a civilian instructor teaching such a class...most responses to such a class I've seen on this site simply go back to the :horse: about how unsafe it is to clear your home alone...indicating the idea that it's "unethical" to teach someone something which is more dangerous

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

There are those who have posted, who shall remain nameless in this post, that really are just "Drama Queens" and looking for an internet fight. They truely may have some good info or recommendations to offer -that I don't doubt but, they prefer to blow up their chest and EGO and be condesending as hell. All that does is "show their ass" and them being a jerk. Offering up words of wisdom in things you may know instead of sounding like a "Mama's basement bomb thrower" would go waaaaaay farther in helping our sport and people to stay interested in arming and helping themselves - which it kinda what I thought was one of the intentions of the site (but I could wrong). Instead they draw some sort of sick satisfaction by ripping on others and then sitting at their computers snickering like little school girls at the mischief they caused. It's just sad. They need to just go watch more "Housewives" and leave the drama there.
    We are all here because of our shared interest in the same thing and yet some feel they need to belittle or attack or show that they know more than the rest. Give it up!! We have enough idiots out there trying to take away our sport, our guns, our ammo and our RIGHTS that we don't need that crap within our ranks. (Been in the Military?? Dissencion sucks!) It does us no good to **** each other off.
    Please! Offer up your words of wisdom but don't be a condesending jerk. And to those level headed individuals that kept us somewhat on track or were just good "posters"... Thank you!! I appreciate that.
    And in the eternal words of Forrst Gump, " That's all I have to say about that". :rolleyes::D

well i will call out names .....me......... i came off as a ass ....my whole life been military until last year that all i knew......we do at time get the superiority complex after we eat dirt all over the world and lose friends....and start talking down to others who haven't been there or seen it..... that was disrespectful and condesending ..... for that am sorry ... as for the ego chest bumping i think we all have seen it in all are fields.....must be a Alpha male thing..... chaz i will own up to my part in it... and it wasn't my intent would gladly train or shoot with any of you...

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hickman,
    Are ya kidding? How could I NOT recognize the safety aspect?? I'm HUGE in the safety aspect as I also shoot IDPA and I follow their rules everywhere. My beef is people being overly ego-ed and "holy-er than thou" in their condecension with their comments. That crap just causes exactly what has happened in this thread - ill will!!! That to me is not good!
    And, as was posted, those of you who were not there pick up on the safety deficits you see and know nothing of the other training or what was told to us off camera so why comment on what you do not know? I'm sorry the vid wasn't cleaned up to everyone's liking. If they would have maybe focused on me more, you would have seen my finger used as my gun in dry fire situations before the actual live fire. But all guns were cleared and verified each time. And the one dry fire I remember seeing the slide back and no mag. Not what I would do as my finger is lethal enough :D but the situation was safe.
    Were there situations that doesn't meet everyone's criteria - absolutely!!! No question but, it's the grief people cause with their words and attitudes in their posts that I have a problem with.
    And yeah, I'm in total agreeance about eye and ear pro as I always use it but I also respect anyones right to choose. PC, and a totally out of control litigious society has been ruining our country for waaaaay to long. It's a slippery slope that we are all sliding down. The brakes have to be put on and people need to be personally responsible again. Then if they want to gamble their eyes and ears, have at it. A comment or recommendation is a plenty. Then they can do with it as they please. They may have just had a brain fart and forgot it! (I'm guilty of that on occasion)
    I'm sure posting the vid can be/is helpful for the intructors to get their work out and yeah, corrective critisizim is a great thing but if a person needs to be a jerk about it, well, I have little tolerance. I consider fellows who enjoy this sport along with me as friends in camaraderie sort of way. But jerks are jerks. I'll bend over backwards to help anyone....that is anyone except jerk wads and people not willing to help themselves. They can choke on it. I've given rounds away to people on the range if I felt they were at "real" people. If I knew/know they are "wads"...... let'em sit and spin.
    I'm not sure how all this sounds to you guys reading this but I assure you, I am not getting down on anyone with at least some sort of decorum or ethics. Only those who think their sh*t don't stink. I don't even want to dignify or justify their existance with a response to them personally. Just not worth it.
    I do know I wasn't knocked for taking the course. I appreciate that and thank you. I was just trying to promote taking courses and I really enjoyed this one.
    Time to get back to work. I guess, "have at it" as I doubt the flaming and chest swelling will stop. After all.... it is the internet. We can all be whatever it is we think we are.

BTW, after reading this, I hope you don't think i was in anyway getting in your face there Hickman. I wasn't. I'm just not a typist nor a great literary figure and my time is short to get this out. My apologies if you felt that in anyway. But as for "wads', different story.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    well i will call out names .....me......... i came off as a ass ....my whole life been military until last year that all i knew......we do at time get the superiority complex after we eat dirt all over the world and lose friends....and start talking down to others who haven't been there or seen it..... that was disrespectful and condesending ..... for that am sorry ... as for the ego chest bumping i think we all have seen it in all are fields.....must be a Alpha male thing..... chaz i will own up to my part in it... and it wasn't my intent would gladly train or shoot with any of you...

Nicely done. +1

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    :yesway: Obviously, it's you and me that make this forum suck! A LOT of people hate it. Haven't you heard?

:rolleyes:

Joe gets attacked?

You get called arrogant?

I seem to have missed a lot today.

This website does not suck in any way shape or fashion but a few people on here do. But I might be in your clique and that makes me biased.
    :yesway: :ingo: :patriot:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Joe gets attacked?

You get called arrogant?

I seem to have missed a lot today.

This website does not suck in any way shape or fashion but a few people on here do. But I might be in your clique and that makes me biased.
    :yesway: :ingo: :patriot:

:yesway: knowing both personally, can't be further from the truth. I did not do any research, just real life experience

All I know is contact with Rhino leaves me feeling fresh and clean.

:laugh: Rep inbound for that one.

One last thing....eyes and ears...you only get one set. Protect them when you can. I've had plenty of steel splatter bounce off my safety lenses, I can't even imagine what it would be like with one eye or no eyes.

My father lived the last 15 years or so with monovision (medical issue, not safety issue)...it altered everything he did...to scare the crap out of him, approach him from the right side. His startle reflex would scare the shinola out of the most seasoned MMA bad *ss. Some of you would have probably drawn down on him...he was lightening quick :D when motivated

There are "real world" instances when you can't, but in a civilian training situation this is a no brainer. That is all. :ingo:

Top Bottom