• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    :orly:

I do not see a conflict here. I stated that when a classifier is shot as part of a regular match there are no 'mental error' reshoots.

Mike said the other stages are part of the side match therefore his statement does not affect mine. Unless he misspoke and meant that the CLASSIFIER is the sidematch.

Dear goodness- did that SO class include a section on conditioned sensitivity? I expected a much more brutal retort:D

I hope you get a squad, my brother.

Careful, we may have to amputate that injured leg if you keep trudging through all the bull:poop: around here! :laugh:

Those :bs: infections are nasty!

:lmfao:I'm pretty sure those are the worst kinds of infection.

It's ok, I don't think the scaring will affect my tan.

Good to know:laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Dear goodness- did that SO class include a section on conditioned sensitivity? I expected a much more brutal retort:D

I hope you get a squad, my brother.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I have to re-up my dues to IDPA to get my SO card before I would get a squad but I will be happy to score and co-SO like I have been doing for a while now :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    :orly:

I do not see a conflict here. I stated that when a classifier is shot as part of a regular match there are no 'mental error' reshoots.

Mike said the other stages are part of the side match therefore his statement does not affect mine. Unless he misspoke and meant that the CLASSIFIER is the sidematch.

Come to think of it I think it was hearing about this stuff that gave me gas last Sunday.

Think shooting two pistols Saturday would just be too busy?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

I don't know...I'm kind of in the same boat. I'd like to shoot some SSP but don't really want to be there until 6:30 again! LOL I'll bring both and see what the turnout looks like and if it looks doable I'll give it a shot! No pun intended :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Come to think of it I think it was hearing about this stuff that gave me gas last Sunday.

I don't know...I'm kind of in the same boat. I'd like to shoot some SSP but don't really want to be there until 6:30 again! LOL I'll bring both and see what the turnout looks like and if it looks doable I'll give it a shot! No pun intended :D

Maybe a change is in the works regarding the frequency of classifiers at Redbrush- I don't know. Just to be safe though, I would say that if either of you wants to classify or reclassify in a division, now's the time, even if it takes running two.

On the other hand- if you expect you'll just be shooting at Redbrush and want something on top of your name besides "unclassified", whatever you classify in one class will be what you shoot in another. This only applies to club level matches such as Redbrush.

It's really not that bad running two. Things like sharing the same holster or having a paddle holster for one will help.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Maybe a change is in the works regarding the frequency of classifiers at Redbrush- I don't know. Just to be safe though, I would say that if either of you wants to classify or reclassify in a division, now's the time, even if it takes running two.

On the other hand- if you expect you'll just be shooting at Redbrush and want something on top of your name besides "unclassified", whatever you classify in one class will be what you shoot in another. This only applies to club level matches such as Redbrush.

It's really not that bad running two. Things like sharing the same holster or having a paddle holster for one will help.

That's why I'm running two although I may back out and only shoot one. I really want to post my times next to each other and see which pistol I am best with because looking back at my scores I'm thinking I may actually be faster with my Kimber than the Tuarus but its hard to compare it when stages aren't the same.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That's why I'm running two although I may back out and only shoot one. I really want to post my times next to each other and see which pistol I am best with because looking back at my scores I'm thinking I may actually be faster with my Kimber than the Tuarus but its hard to compare it when stages aren't the same.

Man I'm with you there. I feel that I am far faster with my .45 than I am with a 9mm. I can't figure that out but I would like to see which one suits me better. I have a feeling I already know that but I'd still like for some official numbers/proof.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Actually I was just trying to figure out which way would be the most fun.

It is a big pond, some of us live in the shallows.

I hate to sound all mushy, but don't think that it is a big pond... just by being out there and doing this kind of thing plus trying to get your mind set towards improving...you just set yourself apart from not only the 90% of individuals out there but also about 90% of the other shooters/gun owners out there. Even the slowest/worse scoring shooter, as long as they strive to be better, is in a very elite group!:rockwoot:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man I'm with you there. I feel that I am far faster with my .45 than I am with a 9mm. I can't figure that out but I would like to see which one suits me better. I have a feeling I already know that but I'd still like for some official numbers/proof.

I could be way off, but I think any hang-up you're sensing is probably 90% mental regarding to the two calibers. The other 10% is that you've conditioned yourself to deal with the "push" of the 45 rather than the "snap" of the 9. In other words, you probably are slower with the 9 because you're treating it like a 45.

I could be wrong; just offering a possible reason as to why. Everything is equal between the two platforms- the shooter is the only variable.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I could be way off, but I think any hang-up you're sensing is probably 90% mental regarding to the two calibers. The other 10% is that you've conditioned yourself to deal with the "push" of the 45 rather than the "snap" of the 9. In other words, you probably are slower with the 9 because you're treating it like a 45.

I could be wrong; just offering a possible reason as to why. Everything is equal between the two platforms- the shooter is the only variable.

I think you are right on that. I'm probably 10 times the round count with .45 than I am with 9mm. And I may very well be a bit faster with the 9 but maybe it just seems slow since the recoil is different...hard telling; it's funny what the mind comes up with!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think you are right on that. I'm probably 10 times the round count with .45 than I am with 9mm. And I may very well be a bit faster with the 9 but maybe it just seems slow since the recoil is different...hard telling; it's funny what the mind comes up with!

Shot Timers are rumored to be great Fathers day presents.

Top Bottom