• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Which reminds me, the cutesy round catch when unloading (won't mention names here as I like scowens and don't wish to perturb him), is that an ejection after first warning?

I'm think the rule book says something to the effect of: "Showing off by catching rounds when making clear is subject to an immediate DQ by the SO or the MD. This rule shall not be compromised, unless the one catching rounds tallies your score. In this particular case, you may DQ him at your peril or elect not to DQ him. You makes your choices, you pays your dues."

:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    001-1.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm think the rule book says something to the effect of: "Showing off by catching rounds when making clear is subject to an immediate DQ by the SO or the MD. This rule shall not be compromised, unless the one catching rounds tallies your score. In this particular case, you may DQ him at your peril or elect not to DQ him. You makes your choices, you pays your dues."

:D

Really? Wow! I get a few pages in and my eyes start to glaze over...I'm good for about 4 pages of reading and then I lose all focus. I'm always trying to learn more but I've turned a corner where reading is harder and I'd rather learn by watching it on YouTube or something :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Checking that scoring sheet out...it is amazing how small the drop is from EX to MA...SS seems to have the biggest time spread. I think I've scored like 113-115 and some change on my CDP classifier the last time.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Bizzzzzump! Below is the latest email from Steve on the match and classifier

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going to have our first IDPA Classifier this year - this week end! And, we will have an additional 2 COF's: one in the house and one on bay 6 (lake bay). Figure on about 200 rounds (90 rounds for the classifier). Guys and gals, this will be a long day, so bear with us, please. More importantly, bring cool clothes and plenty of liquid - be sure to hydrate yourselves, and get plenty of rest! Hope to see you there and hope that everyone improves on their skill level.

Match fee is $15. As always, new shooters meeting at 10:30AM, match to start at 11:00AM. Your help in setting up is always, greatly, appreciated. Remember, this is a volunteer sport - it depends on you.

Thanks and stay safe,
    Steve

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Figure on about 200 rounds (90 rounds for the classifier).

Hmmm, about 55 rounds each for the additional 2 COF's ?
    I wonder if this is a math thing or if something is planned that is truly dastardly?
    Supposedly a team has been working on mounting the Texas star to the moving track.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hmmm, about 55 rounds each for the additional 2 COF's ?
    I wonder if this is a math thing or if something is planned that is truly dastardly?
    Supposedly a team has been working on mounting the Texas star to the moving track.

I don't know how it will be handled since this classifier is part of the match, but when me, Tim and Jr shot the classifier at Wilmore, Jr shot two stages twice (due to "mental malfunctions") thus adding 60 rounds to his ammo needs.

Also, if you have an equipment failure you've got to work on- you've got to come back and shoot the whole stage.

I can dig the star on the track. I think I would just shoot the track and let the whoe thing fall over:D An FTDR is only 20 seconds, right?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't know how it will be handled since this classifier is part of the match, but when me, Tim and Jr shot the classifier at Wilmore, Jr shot two stages twice (due to "mental malfunctions") thus adding 60 rounds to his ammo needs.

Also, if you have an equipment failure you've got to work on- you've got to come back and shoot the whole stage.

I can dig the star on the track. I think I would just shoot the track and let the whoe thing fall over:D An FTDR is only 20 seconds, right?

When the classifier is part of the match there are no reshoots. -Says a new SO ;)

I think I could tackle a TStar on a track if 3/4 of it were blocked the whole time... what was I last time? Oh yeah something like 5 seconds and 6 rounds for 5 plates down :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    When the classifier is part of the match there are no reshoots. -Says a new SO ;)

I think I could tackle a TStar on a track if 3/4 of it were blocked the whole time... what was I last time? Oh yeah something like 5 seconds and 6 rounds for 5 plates down :laugh:

The other courses are part of a side-match, separate from the regular match....Says an old SO ;)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Try USPSA. Several 32 round stages and they certainly FEEL like 55 rounds.

I'm ready to! Listening to you and TJ and the others that have shot them, I am ready to try one! Still getting the equipment sorted out but I think I am ready to tackle one! I'd like a few more mag pouches for my 9mm but I have enough to sort of make due.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Observe Mike's post and consider thyself :owned:

:laugh:

The other courses are part of a side-match, separate from the regular match....Says an old SO ;)

I know you are very cool with guiding new shooters in the ways of IDPA. Are you up to helping out this green crop of SOs? Seems like a heavy burden to me:D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I know you are very cool with guiding new shooters in the ways of IDPA. Are you up to helping out this green crop of SOs? Seems like a heavy burden to me:D

:orly:

I do not see a conflict here. I stated that when a classifier is shot as part of a regular match there are no 'mental error' reshoots.

Mike said the other stages are part of the side match therefore his statement does not affect mine. Unless he misspoke and meant that the CLASSIFIER is the sidematch.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Hey, you gotta help these young guys out. All spit and vinegar and very rough around the edges. It is a heavy burden but thankfully I have broad shoulders, a strong back and a healthy knee to bear it! :D

Top Bottom