• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you really want to stir the tinfoil pot, the same report also mentioned that the coroner declared him deceased over the phone. Supposedly a fairly common practice in the remote regions of Texas with professionals on scene. :dunno:

At minimum the coroner earns a giant facepalm. Even if everything is right and proper, he should have known that leaving openings in a case like this would invite, well, significant amounts of speculation, particularly in the event with some things reported that tend to raise questions.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At minimum the coroner earns a giant facepalm. Even if everything is right and proper, he should have known that leaving openings in a case like this would invite, well, significant amounts of speculation, particularly in the event with some things reported that tend to raise questions.

11-22-63 has never been settled. Why would a coroner worry about an old guy that expired in his bed? As to pillows being above his head, perhaps he was having a little difficulty breathing and laying flat felt better.

No one gets out alive.

People seem to want to exert some form of control over death. Bugs me to no end. I remember when the press wanted Dale Earnhardt's autopsy fotos. Ghoulish.

A man lives a good life. More than satisfactory in the case of Scalia. He deserves to be buried without an autopsy.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    At that age, it doesn't surprise me that he'd just... stop. Of course, something has to run out first, but something is going to. My grandpa went down to the creek to go fishing, took a nap with his line in the water, and that's how they found him. What a way to go :) I had an old kitty, nothing wrong with her, just old. I held her on my chest one night as her mainspring just ran down. Now, if he'd been 40 or so, I'd wonder what had happened. As it is, we face our challenges.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, and if you don't mind crippling your mags to pass in california, there's nothing stopping you. Just go right ahead and knock yourself out there, sparky. I do have to a bad opinion of you voting for people who think they're entitled to tell me I have to, though.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I heard Hillary paid Erik Holder to smuggle the pillow into the bedroom and a member of the Illuminati used it to smother Antonin to take attention away from Benghazi.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I heard Hillary paid Erik Holder to smuggle the pillow into the bedroom and a member of the Illuminati used it to smother Antonin to take attention away from Benghazi.

lee-strasberg-lays-in-hospital-bed-unaware-of-henchman-amerigo-tot-picture-id132470329

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Clintons certainly have a long enough list of bodies behind them to make this partly believable...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Before my dad died he told me if you make it past 80 just about any way you go is due to old age. He died at 89 from [STRIKE]pancreatic cancer[/STRIKE] old age.

79? Close enough I guess.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    11-22-63 has never been settled. Why would a coroner worry about an old guy that expired in his bed? As to pillows being above his head, perhaps he was having a little difficulty breathing and laying flat felt better.

No one gets out alive.

People seem to want to exert some form of control over death. Bugs me to no end. I remember when the press wanted Dale Earnhardt's autopsy fotos. Ghoulish.

A man lives a good life. More than satisfactory in the case of Scalia. He deserves to be buried without an autopsy.

Oh, I wouldn't have the foggiest damned idea. It isn't like he wouldn't be on the short list of people on the face of the planet that someone might want rid of at a remarkably convenient time. The coroner could have done a hell of a lot better than declaring him dead of no longer being alive and letting that heart attack narrative out only to have it made clear that the circumstances would appear inconsistent with that. A coroner with the sense that God gave a brick should have seen what was coming as a result of not doing his job, particularly with someone that in terms of potential foulplay would be a high value target.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The thing is Indy, you ain't in charge. Some people do things different than the way you like things to be and it's perfectly legal. That's just the way it is, as Hornsby said.

Scalia was old, overweight, in a high stress job, burnt the candle at both ends (while smoking). I know there are people who live to be 100 drinking whisky every day and smoking 2 packs of Camels. Most don't.

But, never let the opportunity for a conspiracy go to waste.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I heard the CIA has developed a drug that kills in a way that looks like a heart attack. They freeze it into a bullet shape and you can imagine the rest. Can .gov account for the whereabouts of London Horiuchi when this happened?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The thing is Indy, you ain't in charge. Some people do things different than the way you like things to be and it's perfectly legal. That's just the way it is, as Hornsby said.

Scalia was old, overweight, in a high stress job, burnt the candle at both ends (while smoking). I know there are people who live to be 100 drinking whisky every day and smoking 2 packs of Camels. Most don't.

But, never let the opportunity for a conspiracy go to waste.

You are missing my point. That could have preemptively put to rest by a coroner bothering to do his job. As it is, the door is left open as a product of some combination of incompetence and laziness. It is a completely avoidable problem that we don't need but now have because one man either not possessing or not using a brain.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I heard the CIA has developed a drug that kills in a way that looks like a heart attack. They freeze it into a bullet shape and you can imagine the rest. Can .gov account for the whereabouts of London Horiuchi when this happened?

Actually it can be done with much less fanfare, although I understand you are more interested in showing your rear than in actually addressing the topic at hand. The bottom line is that regardless of whether natural or unnatural causes are to blame, if unnatural and done right, it cannot be detected much less correctly attributed to a guilty party. In either case, had the coroner got off his dead ass the door would not have been left standing wide open for the circus that is virtually guaranteed to follow.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Conspiracies are never put to rest. In this case, the media is doing it's best to drum up a conspiracy. And the justice of the peace isn't really a coroner, is he? He signs a piece of paper that a man is dead and foul play isn't suspected.

Top Bottom