• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Last I heard he was shooting lightning from his hands at his apprentice's son.

Mark it on your calendar. Today is one of our days!

Seriously, it seems to me that Cheney did a magnificent job of bringing Halliburton back from some pretty bad financial straits, even though he was no longer connected, supposedly. The scary thing is that he could run, would likely have the backing of the establishment, and could become our second de facto four-term president.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

He says "apples to oranges"?

In 2007 he said:

They must prove by actions, not words, that they are in the mainstream rather than we have to prove that they are not," Schumer said at the time."

Pretty much every nomination by president Obama has been leftist ideologues. I don't see how Shumer's edict is any different now. The only apples to oranges there are now is that he finds those criteria to be inconvenient now that the gavel has switched hands. Too ****ing bad. You wanna push non-partisan **** when your side has the gavel, well, you're not always gonna have the gavel. So suck it. Dickhead.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He says "apples to oranges"?

In 2007 he said:
    They must prove by actions, not words, that they are in the mainstream rather than we have to prove that they are not," Schumer said at the time."

Pretty much every nomination by president Obama has been leftist ideologues. I don't see how Shumer's edict is any different now. The only apples to oranges there are now is that he finds those criteria to be inconvenient now that the gavel has switched hands. Too ****ing bad. You wanna push non-partisan **** when your side has the gavel, well, you're not always gonna have the gavel. So suck it. Dickhead.

Right now it's apples to apples. But if the Republicans do try to block the nomination, the similarities will end. Talking is one thing, doing (politically), is quite another.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Mark it on your calendar. Today is one of our days!

Seriously, it seems to me that Cheney did a magnificent job of bringing Halliburton back from some pretty bad financial straits, even though he was no longer connected, supposedly. The scary thing is that he could run, would likely have the backing of the establishment, and could become our second de facto four-term president.

Halliburton is getting into the voting machine business I bet

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    McConnell said it right from the first words on the subject. He's not going to bring it to the floor. The president needs not waste his time with nominees. Mitch needs to stand firm on this. It is best for all. No caving this time.

Let the libs whine all they want. Their words, "elections matter." ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right now it's apples to apples. But if the Republicans do try to block the nomination, the similarities will end. Talking is one thing, doing (politically), is quite another.
    It depends on who they block.

Using ideological fervor as a reason not to confirm a candidate is a legitimate reason. I doubt there is a Democrat living that would disagree with the Senate rejecting Bork for ideological reasons. Bork's failure to be confirmed wasn't because he was unfit for the seat. It was purely ideological. The final vote was pretty much along party lines. For Democrats to condemn Republicans for not confirming ideologues is disingenuous, which is the policy that Shumer supported.

After Bork failed Reagan nominated Kennedy, a moderate, who sailed through the confirmation. Which brings up another point. The Democrats try to point to the confirmation of Kennedy as an example where Democrats confirmed a Conservative President's SCOTUS nomination at the end of his term. Bull****. A guy like Kennedy could easily have been a Democratic nominee. So it's kinda disingenuous to use that when they first rejected on ideological grounds the guy Reagan really wanted, and thereafter confirmed a democrat-lite. Reagan picked Kennedy exactly because the Senate would confirm him and the seat had been vacant for years. So I guess we can say that point is consistent with their own history only if Obama nominates a moderate and the Republicans block it.

So, whatever political consequences there are for blocking whomever Obama nominates depends on who he nominates and how Republicans go about "blocking" it. If McConnell stands up there like dumb ass and continues to blather on with threats to block ANY nomination, that is sure to produce bad consequences for Republicans. But if Republicans drop the stupid chest thumping and just say they'll not support leftist ideologue for a seat on the SCOTUS, I think they can sell that to America, especially if the Republican candidates use their election season pulpit to also sell it.

My guess is that Obama will troll the Republicans by nominating an ideologue, just like he's been doing throughout his presidency. Even when it may be politically viable to nominate a moderate, I don't think Obama can help himself. Playing chicken with Republicans has worked very well and I don't think he'll miss the opportunity to possibly stack the bench with social justice warriors. The republicans have blinked before; they'll blink again. And if they do, might as well burn this ***** that is the Republican party. They're done.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I heard Princess Diana and Tupac landed in Scalia's front lawn on a grassy knoll whilst flying their Malasian chemtrail plane... then they went in and offed the guy with the help of Elvis and GWBush 9/11 Area 51 holocaust vaccines autism global warming shroud of turin NWO moon landing roswell open carry is better than CC wallet.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I heard Princess Diana and Tupac landed in Scalia's front lawn on a grassy knoll whilst flying their Malasian chemtrail plane... then they went in and offed the guy with the help of Elvis and GWBush 9/11 Area 51 holocaust vaccines autism global warming shroud of turin NWO moon landing roswell open carry is better than CC wallet.
    You did too? We have corroboration!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I say they should Bork. Bork like there's no tomorrow! Bork until there's no Borking left to Bork.
    I take it from the fact that doesn't seem to be the plan; that McConnell doesn't trust enough of his conference to hold firm if a vote were held.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There most certainly was a desire, if not conspiracy, to get Clarence Thomas:

You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease.

...but as it turns out- eggs and butter aren't really bad for you and don't cause heart disease, so it looks like my favorite Justice gets the last laugh. As do all of us who eat eggs and butter.

I take it from the fact that doesn't seem to be the plan; that McConnell doesn't trust enough of his conference to hold firm if a vote were held.

Well, I don't get many chances to say "Bork", so I'll just keep promoting this plan.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

:laugh:

In other news;
    Awaiting 1st presidential news conference after Scalia's passing. Starting shortly (Prez is ALWAYS late.)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

This is impossible, because jet fuel can't melt steel beams. Try again, sheeple. :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is impossible, because jet fuel can't melt steel beams. Try again, sheeple. :):

FzcJXC1.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I say they should Bork. Bork like there's no tomorrow! Bork until there's no Borking left to Bork.

I'd like to see Loretta Lynch get successfully Borked.

If it only takes a simple majority to confirm then only 7 Democrat-lites would need to defect.

Top Bottom