• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would be interested to see the logic used by the GOP to avoid voting on a nominee. And if Judge Sri Srinivasan is nominated (a guy who was confirmed to the federal bench with a 97-0 vote) it should really get interesting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    RIP Scalia. Unfortunately, your passing puts us freedom-lovers eyebrows deep in the poopies.

Well, we're kinda in the poop hole cause liberals took over the education system and we let them teach that big government is good. That government is our Dad. That the Constitution can be ignored.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Well, we're kinda in the poop hole cause liberals took over the education system and we let them teach that big government is good. That government is our Dad. That the Constitution can be ignored.

I agree. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this problem is through the means that we don't discuss here.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    First RIP to a giant of a constitutional scholar.
    Secondly, though I dislike politicizing a man's death, the other side is eagerly licking their chops and even celebrating his passing, and I say in response that this could be harnessed as the very fuel to urge constitutionalist voters to get their collective asses to the polls, to prevent the fifth anti-2A appointee.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    This may also be the acid test for the GOP. If they don't block a liberal appointee, they may have signed their own death warrant as a party.

Up 'til now they have shirked their responsibility to the People. They won't be able to run away from that now.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Obama should throw us all for a loop, and nominate himself. (After first giving 20 speeches where he explicitly states he can't do this...)

Because he 'taught' Constitutional Law, y'know.

My preference would be nominate Bernie Sanders, and prosecute Hillary. Would make the 2016 election interestinger.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Already read this morning where the democrats were threatening that IF the Senate Republicans delay the acceptance of the new appointee and IF the Democrats would win the Presidential Election and IF the Senate would lose enough votes to turn back to the Democrats that the new President (Bernie or Hillary) would nominate & appoint former President Obama as Scalia's replacement next year. Wow.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Already read this morning where the democrats were threatening that IF the Senate Republicans delay the acceptance of the new appointee and IF the Democrats would win the Presidential Election and IF the Senate would lose enough votes to turn back to the Democrats that the new President (Bernie or Hillary) would nominate & appoint former President Obama as Scalia's replacement next year. Wow.

I think the Dems are secretly sick of Obama too, and just waiting for his replacement as potus.

But any Dem appointee to the SCOTUS will be pretty much like any other.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Nice. Really damned nice.

There is a difference between wishing a person dead for disagreeing with his politics, in this case for scrupulously following the Constitution and my refusal to sugarcoat the fact that that a man transferred honorable service into a political career spent flagrantly violating the oath he took both as a soldier and as a Senator. I stand by my refusal to heap accolades on a domestic enemy simply because he died. Prior to his death, I certainly would have wished him removed from office, although the methods of doing so that I would have advocated would not have affected his habit of breathing regularly.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'll take the long step and try to put my thoughts about political agendas above my personal thoughts and wants.
    I hope, wish, pray, that Scalia's replacement is an honorable American that stands up for our US Constitution as desired by our founding fathers.
    Looking for loopholes in the Constitution and skirting the spirit of the law is dishonorable and underhanded. I'm not educated enough, I don't have a specialized education in the field, so I can't use words like criminal, traitor, illegal, etc. Those thoughts do come to mind though.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Obama should throw us all for a loop, and nominate himself. (After first giving 20 speeches where he explicitly states he can't do this...)

Because he 'taught' Constitutional Law, y'know.

If he did that how could he pardon Hillary and Bergdahl?

Prayers for the friends and family of Justice Scalia.... I wish they would back off of the coverage, reminds me of how we saw the planes crashing into the twin towers over and over again.. Thinking about what is going on and what might happen now makes me physically sick. Too many people in this world that presume themselves experts when in reality they are beginners.

[FONT=&amp]
    From my Army days:

Beginner: learns the rules
    Intermediate: applies the rules
    Proficient: understands the rules
    Expert: understands when the rules don't apply

The topic at hand was explosives, BTW, frankly more dangerous and easier to screw up than guns.
    [/FONT]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am sad. Antonin Scalia was a brilliant man and a good man. He executed his duties as a SCOTUS justice as per the US Constitution as it was written and intended, rather than by pushing personal political whims. We should expect the same from all who wear those robes, but politics has replaced the US Constitution and the law over time.

We are lessened. I am dismayed by the potential for what a successor appointed by the current president will do to erode our liberties and freedom even further.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    It is hard for me to accept the fact we have half the Supreme Court who don't really give a damn what the constitution says. I hope Scalia isn't replaced by another "proud Latina".

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Democrats are fundraising on Scalia's death. This e-mail leads to the DNC donation page.

CbJZYhcXEAAuZ7E.jpg:large

Is there something else in the link on the email? Because what you posted doesn't reference Scalia once. It's a disagreement over Senate procedure.

Top Bottom