• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So your brilliant plan is to have 51 people get together and act faster than one guy can get to a conference room that's on the other side of his house? Didn't think this through very much, I'm guessing?

I am not saying that I particularly advocate the idea, just recognizing the possibility and accounting for the fact that stranger things have happened. Hell, we won a world war that we would have lost had it not been for a misplaced decimal point.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    President can nominate. Senate chooses whether to confirm. That's it. That's the Constitution.

Media playing a lot of games today about the GOP stripping Obama's "constitutional power to appoint"... complete nonsense.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    You expected Obama hit him in the throat with a 3-iron? Reporting is no longer a vocation.

Are you stupid? Where in that post did you read anything that blames Obama for Scalia's death? Oh, you just made it up? No surprise at all coming from you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    President can nominate. Senate chooses whether to confirm. That's it. That's the Constitution.

Media playing a lot of games today about the GOP stripping Obama's "constitutional power to appoint"... complete nonsense.

Well, when so many people have failed to learn how the government works

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I seriously think that Justice Scalia died of normal 79 year old man issues, and even though I think our current administration is full of a bunch of chumps, I don't think they had anything to do with it...and even if they did, do you think we would really know the truth? Not likely.

On the issue of outcome of all of this, I feel that if the Republican controlled Senate actually digs a little deeper than they have in the past, and finds "a set", this could become a problem for Mr. Obama and crew. Meh, Obama will probably do one of his infamous "back room" compromises with the spineless Republicans in the Senate, and he will get most of his way with this nomination.

The next president is the real key...whoever that is, will probably get two nominations!

Top Bottom