• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I read somewhere in the last day or so, even Mr.-the-president-has-a-right-to-have-his-nominations-confirmed-Rand Paul say "It’s going to be very, very, very difficult to get me to vote for a SCOTUS nomination from this president."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read somewhere in the last day or so, even Mr.-the-president-has-a-right-to-have-his-nominations-confirmed-Rand Paul say "It’s going to be very, very, very difficult to get me to vote for a SCOTUS nomination from this president."

Like I said, I think it's fair to vote down ideological extremists. Especially after Bork.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like I said, I think it's fair to vote down ideological extremists. Especially after Bork.

At almost a year left in Obama's administration, even though I love the thought of flipping him the proverbial bird over this appointment, I don't know that the smart move is the line in the sand. I think the smarter move is to call on him to nominate someone that can get confirmed. But that would be predicated on the assumption the republicans could stick together and Bork the crap out of whoever he sent up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At almost a year left in Obama's administration, even though I love the thought of flipping him the proverbial bird over this appointment, I don't know that the smart move is the line in the sand. I think the smarter move is to call on him to nominate someone that can get confirmed. But that would be predicated on the assumption the republicans could stick together and Bork the crap out of whoever he sent up.

Why would he nominate someone that can get confirmed.
    They could nominate the most left wing ideologue they can, then blame the right for not confirming, then claim they NEVER did it.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    So now it comes out that Antonin's family are in on the conspiracy! The puzzling part is trying to understand how this relates to Vince Foster. I know the truth is out there somewhere...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8e2170-d332-11e5-9823-02b905009f99_story.html
    In a statement Sunday, the U.S. Marshals Service, which provides security for Supreme Court justices, said that Scalia had declined a security detail while at the ranch, so marshals were not present when he died. “Deputy U.S. Marshals from the Western District of Texas responded immediately upon notification of Justice Scalia’s passing,” the statement said.

Meanwhile, Guevara acknowledged that she pronounced Scalia dead by phone, without seeing his body. Instead, she spoke to law enforcement officials at the scene — who assured her “there were no signs of foul play” — and Scalia’s physician in Washington, who said that the 79-year-old justice suffered from a host of chronic conditions.

“He was having health issues,’’ Guevara said, adding that she is awaiting a statement from Scalia’s doctor that will be added to his death certificate when it is issued later this week.

Emergency personnel and officials from the U.S. Marshals Service were called to the scene, then two local judges who also serve as justices of the peace, Guevara said.

Guevara also was out of town, but she said she agreed to declare Scalia dead based on the information from law enforcement officials and Scalia’s doctor,

About 3:30 a.m. Sunday, Scalia’s family declined to have an autopsy performed,

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Republican Presidents have done that. Justice Kennedy, mentioned today by the President comes to mind (the perpetual "swing" vote). I'd like to think this could happen, but I sense that the President knows that the GOP is weak in resolve.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I CANNOT BELIEVE that he has the gall to accuse Republicans of 'reading things into the constitution that just aren't there'. What. The. ****.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I CANNOT BELIEVE that he has the gall to accuse Republicans of 'reading things into the constitution that just aren't there'. What. The. ****.

You forgot the purple text... Everyone knows how Obama operates by now. Just keep feeding us bull**** because he knows enough of us are stupid enough to believe him. It makes me want to vomit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Republican Presidents have done that. Justice Kennedy, mentioned today by the President comes to mind (the perpetual "swing" vote). I'd like to think this could happen, but I sense that the President knows that the GOP is week in resolve.

Oh they are. They are much better as a minority party than in leadership.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why would he nominate someone that can get confirmed.
    They could nominate the most left wing ideologue they can, then blame the right for not confirming, then claim they NEVER did it.

Right. I'm just postulating what might be a better strategy. Drawing a line in the sand, knowing full well you're not going to hold it just embarrasses the party and will dampen its support this fall when they cave. This position, no doubt stokes the fire in the base but will come back and bite them, even if they don't cave (which they will). Instead making the case for balance, for someone in the mainstream (like Schumer and his ilk do) allows room to maneuver.

Top Bottom