• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • genehopkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Fargo - it is already against the law, always has been. It is not something made up by a DNR Czar. When DNR tried to enforce the law the lawsuit was filed against DNR by this guy. The judge filed a temporary injunction, then ruled against DNR saying that they had no standing to stop him. Wrong, they did. The law was already clear but a judge used political motivation - rather than doing his job of enforcing the law he tried to make a new law himself.

All of us regardless of political affiliation should never stand for a judge trying to make law. I am guessing that the appeal will be based upon the fact that a law was broken and DNR has a duty to enforce these laws for the protection of our wildlife resources.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Fargo - it is already against the law, always has been. It is not something made up by a DNR Czar. When DNR tried to enforce the law the lawsuit was filed against DNR by this guy. The judge filed a temporary injunction, then ruled against DNR saying that they had no standing to stop him. Wrong, they did. The law was already clear but a judge used political motivation - rather than doing his job of enforcing the law he tried to make a new law himself.

All of us regardless of political affiliation should never stand for a judge trying to make law. I am guessing that the appeal will be based upon the fact that a law was broken and DNR has a duty to enforce these laws for the protection of our wildlife resources.

Give me the IC code please then if it is against the law...

Thanks,

Joe

genehopkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Hello Joe,

Lt. Col. Phil Ohmit was a very good friend of mine, and it was Phil who coached me on the legal points as I was researching the topic during that Captive Cervid Council period a few years ago. Unfortunately we lost Phil last year, but I will get the code for you.

Thanks for the efforT you are taking to get it right. This is an emotional issue for sure, so keeping the discussions civil is very important. I appreciate a good civil discussion, this is how we make progress on difficult issues.

Happy Hunting.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    if DNR is against high fence hunting then why do they manage the high fence hunt in western in. at Newport. its true. and its hypicritical

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    if DNR is against high fence hunting then why do they manage the high fence hunt in western in. at Newport. its true. and its hypicritical

If you are talking about the chemical depot then you are comparing apples to oranges. It is a fenced in military complex where hunting is allowed. So is Camp Atterbury. They didn't build the fences to keep deer in or out nor were the fences constructed for hunting purposes. They are government owned property that people are allowed to hunt. perhaps they should stop allowing hunting in those places so as not to appear hypocritical.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    noy sayin they should not allow it but one of their arguments is that high fence hunting is not fair chase yet they are doing it . its B.S.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've never been so I couldn't tell you. I'd assume they have the area split up for hunting purposes and assign hunters to different locations but I doubt there are fences bordering them.

There is a very distinct difference in fencing a military installation yet still allowing citizens to enter the property to hunt and fencing in a couple hundred acres, bring in genetically altered deer and charging hundreds of dollars for the priveledge of "hunting" them. Show up to Camp Atterbury on opening day of gun season and you'll find hundreds of people milling around hoping to get access. They aren't there because Atterbury is loaded with Boone & Crockett bucks, they're there because they don't have access to private land and it is public (albeit government controlled) land with restricted access.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Hello Joe,

Lt. Col. Phil Ohmit was a very good friend of mine, and it was Phil who coached me on the legal points as I was researching the topic during that Captive Cervid Council period a few years ago. Unfortunately we lost Phil last year, but I will get the code for you.

Thanks for the efforT you are taking to get it right. This is an emotional issue for sure, so keeping the discussions civil is very important. I appreciate a good civil discussion, this is how we make progress on difficult issues.

Happy Hunting.

The DNR director's press release on its order sure sounds like they are making both law and policy:

...I have today signed an emergency rule that closes all potential loopholes with respect to the hunting of exotic mammals. The DNR will immediately begin permanent rulemaking with the Natural Resources Commission on this issue.

IN.gov: Newsroom

The DNR is an executive branch law enforcement agency, not a judicial or legislative entity. They should not be trying to perform judicial functions or legislative functions; both of which they describe in the above release.

There is a reason the judge ruled against them, and I somehow doubt it has anything to do with his personal beliefs. It could just be because it is what the law requires.

Once again, I am generally opposed to high-fence whitetail hunting for a great number of reasons. That said, I am even more against the usurpation of judicial and legislative authority by entities like the DNR.

If Hoosiers want to outlaw high fence hunting, they are absolutely free to do so via their elected legislature. To date that hasn't happened.

Best,

Joe

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    acess fee or trespass is legal unless behind high fence. and don't matter how large the area. that's my point. only DNR can operate high fence. private property owning taxpayers can not.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    The DNR director's press release on its order sure sounds like they are making both law and policy:

IN.gov: Newsroom

The DNR is an executive branch law enforcement agency, not a judicial or legislative entity. They should not be trying to perform judicial functions or legislative functions; both of which they describe in the above release.

There is a reason the judge ruled against them, and I somehow doubt it has anything to do with his personal beliefs. It could just be because it is what the law requires.

Once again, I am generally opposed to high-fence whitetail hunting for a great number of reasons. That said, I am even more against the usurpation of judicial and legislative authority by entities like the DNR.

If Hoosiers want to outlaw high fence hunting, they are absolutely free to do so via their elected legislature. To date that hasn't happened.

Best,

Joe

Ever hear of the NRC??? NRC: Home

The DNR usally don't act alone!!!!

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    im playin by the rules according to the judge in the court ruling(topic of thread)DNR now wants to change rules so private property owners cannot do what are doing.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    im playin by the rules according to the judge in the court ruling(topic of thread)DNR now wants to change rules so private property owners cannot do what are doing.

Which judge and which ruling?

You are aware that there are conflicting rulings from two different judges on this fiasco, aren't you?

Top Bottom