• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I meant that the rules for FNS and possibly Bowling Pins state that PCR's are prohibited during normal range hours. So we're maybe talking about less rules, not more ;)

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I have been considering joining MCF&G. How many lanes does the range have? I shoot 22's (rifle/pistol), 357-38 (pistol and carbine) and blackpowder (pistols/rifled musket/rifle). I currently belong to a club west of Indianapolis - nice range but very very small. Does the range provide target holders?

Thanks -

Dave

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Dozens of lanes, steel target holders. If you look at Google maps satellite photo, you can get a very good idea of the layout (sans the two new bays).

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have been considering joining MCF&G. How many lanes does the range have? I shoot 22's (rifle/pistol), 357-38 (pistol and carbine) and blackpowder (pistols/rifled musket/rifle). I currently belong to a club west of Indianapolis - nice range but very very small. Does the range provide target holders?

Thanks -

Dave

Check out http://www.indyrange.com there are some pictures of the range. I belong to the same club West of Indy with only 4 benches. Yes there are target holders for both the pistol and rifle range. 7, 20 25, 50, 75, 100 yards. How many stations I never counted but I would guess for the South Range (Pistol) up to 8 shooters and North Range (Rifle) if you count the 25, 50 and 100 yard stations... 10? More than enough stations. We also have 2 new 25 yard bays behind the club house that can easily hold 4 shooters each. These bays are always open even when there is something going on at the main range.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Check out http://www.indyrange.com there are some pictures of the range. I belong to the same club West of Indy with only 4 benches. Yes there are target holders for both the pistol and rifle range. 7, 20 25, 50, 75, 100 yards. How many stations I never counted but I would guess for the South Range (Pistol) up to 8 shooters and North Range (Rifle) if you count the 25, 50 and 100 yard stations... 10? More than enough stations. We also have 2 new 25 yard bays behind the club house that can easily hold 4 shooters each. These bays are always open even when there is something going on at the main range.

I think there are at least 20 different lanes on the south end (pistols) and 15-20 at the north end (rifles) plus a good 30 yards of open space to shoot to 100 yards in between

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Does anybody have photos of the bays since we hydroseeded them? I haven't seen them yet!

Ask and ye shall receive:

New Bays pictures by vupdblue - Photobucket

IMG_4665.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm looking forward to it! I'll have just enough time to get off work, and grab a bite on the way up there.

What are the hours of the range? I've never seen a schedule up there.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    To those on the fence; "should I or shouldn't I", here is a perspective from a relatively new member: This is easily the best $100 I've spent on shooting.

If you are looking for a place to shoot in Indy that has a good variety of events and a great group of folks, this is where you should be.

Come out and join us you won't regret it...

-Drew

Top Bottom