• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Correct. He plan to add a few tables and some target bases (wood stands where people can insert target sticks and cardboard targets) as time and our budget allows. The more members we get, the more we can afford to improve the range. Just this year, we've added the bays, re-roofed the clubhouse, gravelled the parking lot, and re-faced the baffles.

We look forward to having you as a member! See you at our next meeting on October 5th at 7 pm!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Thanks, just wanted to confirm. I thought there might be steel plates or something in the bays that I was missing.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I hope I can make it on Tuesday. Been wanting to join for a while just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I want to join, just need to check my funds. I've been a couple times as a guest and also helped paint the baffles. Very nice facility.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'm totally new to this kind of thing, so forgive me for asking this. If you pay for a yearly membership, is there still a fee when you want to use the range? Thanks.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm totally new to this kind of thing, so forgive me for asking this. If you pay for a yearly membership, is there still a fee when you want to use the range? Thanks.

After you join your yearly fee gets you a gate card and you can shoot anytime the range is open

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Another question...wheretoshoot.org says that the range supports outdoor rifle, but I don't see rifle cartridges on the approved list on the website. Are rifles allowed?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    You can shoot any long gun that is on the list of allowed cartridges.

So - rimfire and pistol caliber rifles. No traditional centerfire calibers in any configuration (Long gun, Contender, Encore, etc)

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Being that the club is inside city limits and surrounded by housing, we don't have much of a choice on the centerfire stuff. Besides, 100 yds isn't long enough for true rifle work anyway. That's just warming up!

You'd be surprised how much fun 100 yard rimfire is, though. The pistol facilities are excellent and the trap group is pretty active, too.

I would not let the centerfire restrictions prevent you from joining the club, if you have other guns to shoot. I avoided joining for YEARS because of it and missed out on a LOT of trigger time.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Being that the club is inside city limits and surrounded by housing, we don't have much of a choice on the centerfire stuff. Besides, 100 yds isn't long enough for true rifle work anyway. That's just warming up!

You'd be surprised how much fun 100 yard rimfire is, though. The pistol facilities are excellent and the trap group is pretty active, too.

I would not let the centerfire restrictions prevent you from joining the club, if you have other guns to shoot. I avoided joining for YEARS because of it and missed out on a LOT of trigger time.

Thanks rimfire. It sounds like a great club. As of right now, I only own a centerfire rifle and a 12ga shotgun. I plan on getting a handgun someday too. I think the only restriction preventing me from joining right now is the financial one. :(

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Thanks rimfire. It sounds like a great club. As of right now, I only own a centerfire rifle and a 12ga shotgun. I plan on getting a handgun someday too. I think the only restriction preventing me from joining right now is the financial one. :(

Atterbury has pay as you go. Range is limited to 100Yards. Closest public range I know to Indy.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I thought we could use PCR's only during special events under the supervision of RO's. Time for me to review the rules :)

You can shoot any long gun that is on the list of allowed cartridges.

So - rimfire and pistol caliber rifles. No traditional centerfire calibers in any configuration (Long gun, Contender, Encore, etc)

Top Bottom