• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Bugatti doesn't...

The Veyron most certainly DOES have air conditioning.

Also, considering they make a roadster version, the windows DO roll down.

It's a hyper GT car - not a race car. It has creature comforts. Navigation, too.

-J-

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ok. I don't know much about this guy so I looked up the YouTube for the Iraq story.
    [www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KPr53rSe4]
    Some websites forums stating he was a contractor, they were poorly equipped.
    Not sure why they stopped. He's in the front car. Gets shot at, runs to ditch. Other guy that was in his car looks like he got shot.
    Sounds like several bad choices, not just him.

Anyone have a good link on this?

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hmm, security contractor with kids moves away from vehicle being sliced up by enemy fire, takes a better position, lives, raises kids, runs successful training business teaching OTHER contractors going in to harms way to not make mistakes learned the hard way.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Hmm, security contractor with kids moves away from vehicle being sliced up by enemy fire, takes a better position, lives, raises kids, runs successful training business teaching OTHER contractors going in to harms way to not make mistakes learned the hard way.

That's one way to look at it. Or the other, more in line with the AAR done by the company would be:

Security contractor puts vehicle in neutral and applies emergency brake causing his team to become unable to move out of an ambush. While under fire he "retreats" to a "better position" where he is unable to provide any supporting fire and stays there while his team mates return fire (some dying). Thankfully though their suppressive fire (one providing it as he was dying) very likely saved Yeager's life as he "retreated" to his "better position".

Security contractor returns to the states and starts a training business and higly publicizes himself then gets angry and threatens to kill people when the details of his past come to light and he is "judged" by others (some who do and some who do not have military/leo/contractor/etc experience.). Ironically (or hypocritically I should say) in a lot of his videos (at least the ones I've seen from their postings up here) he is a highly judgmental and sometimes insulting person himself who has no problem in calling people names or saying this or that sucks and your stupid if you believe otherwise etc. etc. etc.

What his "having kids" has anything to do with it I do not know. Perhaps the fact that he had kids and wanted to get back home to them should have kept him from seeking out a job in a combat zone? Just a thought.

Apparently this is a variation of the "just trying to get home at the end of my shift" argument which justifies everything.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If this thread hits 10,000 + views I should be able to buy the Bugatti Veyron I have had my eye on for a while now. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

2009-bugatti-164-veyron-fbg-par-hermes-thumbnail.jpg

Good, I hope you can buy 2 of them with the earnings on this site. I understand it's a business. I just don't get the constant pretenses that it's not. I mean, does anyone here really think that at the end of the month, you've spent more to operate this site than you bring in? If you are, it's time to revamp your business model.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I understand it's a business. I just don't get the constant pretenses that it's not.

No one has ever suggested that it wasn't a business. It's just not a business whose main focus is lining Fenway's pockets (like many have implied). Rather it's a business with a focus on providing a way for Indiana gun owners to come together and share content.

Everyone knows that Fenway has a real 9-5 day job, right? Everyone knows that the entire Mod staff are unpaid volunteers with 9-5 day jobs, right?

Honestly Fenway could leverage the crap outta INGO, or he could sell it for a pretty penny. But instead he turns around and continues to put funding right back into the site. Why? Because his focus is on Indiana gun owners and not a big payday.

Suggesting otherwise is offensive to those of us that work very hard to provide INGO to Hoosiers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No one has ever suggested that it wasn't a business. It's just not a business whose main focus is lining Fenway's pockets (like many have implied). Rather it's a business with a focus on providing a way for Indiana gun owners to come together and share content.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting anyone is getting rich off of this site. I'm certainly not.

Everyone knows that Fenway has a real 9-5 day job, right?Yes, I know that.

Everyone knows that the entire Mod staff are unpaid volunteers with 9-5 day jobs, right?

Seriously? I've never heard that before.

I made the above purple just in case the sarcasm wasn't apparent enough. That's one of the constant pretenses I was talking about. If I've read about mods not getting paid here once, I've read it 10,000 times. What you get paid or don't get paid is none of my business and I really, really, really don't care. It's between you and the site owner.

Honestly Fenway could leverage the crap outta INGO, or he could sell it for a pretty penny. But instead he turns around and continues to put funding right back into the site. Why? Because his focus is on Indiana gun owners and not a big payday.

Again, his site, his choice to do as he wishes. I really, really, really don't care.

Suggesting otherwise is offensive to those of us that work very hard to provide INGO to Hoosiers.

I don't care if you all sit in INGO headquarters for 10 hours a week while playing golf for the other 30 at the most expensive country club in the city. AGAIN, my only point is I don't understand the necessity to constantly remind everyone about how this site is run. I'm simply stating it's a business.

JBishop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    New Albany
    What his "having kids" has anything to do with it I do not know. Perhaps the fact that he had kids and wanted to get back home to them should have kept him from seeking out a job in a combat zone? Just a thought.

Apparently this is a variation of the "just trying to get home at the end of my shift" argument which justifies everything.

I know for a fact that one of the guys that got killed there had kids. He still stayed in the fight to the end. Maybe things could have turned out different if JY had done what he was supposed to. We'll never know.

We do know that he decided to come back here and sell himself as a guru. When you do that, you open yourself up for public scrutiny- just part of being the public figure that makes money on their reputation.

His responses to peoples comments just shows what an unbalanced individual he is, and reinforces my opinion that his childish ineptitude did get people hurt/killed, and that it is likely that he will do so again.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I know for a fact that one of the guys that got killed there had kids. He still stayed in the fight to the end. Maybe things could have turned out different if JY had done what he was supposed to. We'll never know.

We do know that he decided to come back here and sell himself as a guru. When you do that, you open yourself up for public scrutiny- just part of being the public figure that makes money on their reputation.

His responses to peoples comments just shows what an unbalanced individual he is, and reinforces my opinion that his childish ineptitude did get people hurt/killed, and that it is likely that he will do so again.

Summed up perfectly IMO.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That's one way to look at it. Or the other, more in line with the AAR done by the company would be:

Security contractor puts vehicle in neutral and applies emergency brake causing his team to become unable to move out of an ambush. While under fire he "retreats" to a "better position" where he is unable to provide any supporting fire and stays there while his team mates return fire (some dying). Thankfully though their suppressive fire (one providing it as he was dying) very likely saved Yeager's life as he "retreated" to his "better position".

Security contractor returns to the states and starts a training business and higly publicizes himself then gets angry and threatens to kill people when the details of his past come to light and he is "judged" by others (some who do and some who do not have military/leo/contractor/etc experience.). Ironically (or hypocritically I should say) in a lot of his videos (at least the ones I've seen from their postings up here) he is a highly judgmental and sometimes insulting person himself who has no problem in calling people names or saying this or that sucks and your stupid if you believe otherwise etc. etc. etc.

see, if you would have said all of that, we'd have moved closer to 10,000 views for Fenways car.

But I had to say it to get the conversation going again :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Pardon... but how does one "stay in the fight" BEHIND or IN an UNARMORED vehicle? That's hot knife through butter there.

Those who got killed would have died either way.

Top Bottom