• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Pardon... but how does one "stay in the fight" BEHIND or IN an UNARMORED vehicle? That's hot knife through butter there.

Those who got killed would have died either way.

because the unarmored car was stopping bullets, but i guess yeager didnt know that.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Pardon... but how does one "stay in the fight" BEHIND or IN an UNARMORED vehicle? That's hot knife through butter there.

Those who got killed would have died either way.

That's a tough one to call Hickman.

Steff Surrette and Mark Cohen were the two operators with him in his vehicle. According to the AAR Mr. Surrette was already wounded (in Yeager's personal report he says Surrette was wounded prior to exiting the vehicle) and yet still was engaging the enemy. Mr. Cohen stayed and not only engaged the enemy with his SAW but after it jammed he was able to switch to his M4 and still fight. Then when it was over he provided medical care to Mr. Surrette. I can't find anywhere that says Mr. Cohen was hit by any of the rounds slicing through their vehicle like a hot knife through butter. Nor does it say that Mr. Surrette was "hit" again after exiting the vehicle.

Meanwhile Yeager was in the Median safely away from all this.

I refer to (emphasis added by me):

"Upon failing to drive “off the X” Yeager, Mark Collen and Steff Surette evacuated the vehicle. Steff Surette at this point was already wounded and was located beside the vehicle in the prone though he was attempting to remain in the fight. James Yeager fell to the rear of the vehicle in order to return fire and engage enemy forces. According to James Yeager he could not identify enemy forces and thus he attempted to suppress the general vicinity of where he suspected enemy fire was coming from. After having fired an estimated half a magazine of ammunition out of his M4 Yeager broke contact from the rear of his vehicle and maneuvered to the median to the south of the engagement area. Mark Collen also positioned at the rear of the vehicle identified enemy forces firing from a white suburban vehicle and engaged the white suburban with approximately 100 rounds of 5.56 from his M249 Minimi. He then experienced a stoppage and switched to his M4 with which he continued to engage the enemy forces located within the white suburban. The white suburban drove out of sight and at that point Mark Collen provided immediate medical care to Steff Surette."

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Yeah, he took a prone position, freeing up the position behind the rear wheel for Collen.

If you have specific questions for JY, ask them.

Here is the same thread I posted last time you went down this path.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...er_the_martial_art_of_guns-2.html#post2601741

Checked out your link. I am not sure who you are talking about with the "last time you went down this path" comment since I can not find a single post by me in that thread.

Regarding him taking a "prone" position and "freeing up the position behind the rear wheel for Collen", I did not see that in Yeagers own report nor what the company's report (presumably written with the reports from Collen and the other survivors) say.

What the report doe say is that Collen was already in the position next to Yeager and Surrette was in the prone position. Is Yeager now saying something different than in both his or the companies AAR? Is he now claiming that instead of retreating because that was SOP and he thought they were going to follow him, he actually retreated to allow Collen to take his position behind the rear wheel?

I understand that now it is the companies report (again presumably written with the input of the surviving members) versus Yeagers personal account... and yet Yeager even came out and said he retracted anything negative to say about ESRM which would have to include any claims that they are lying in their official AAR.

From tacticalresponse back in 2007

"I am committed to the highest standards in all my dealings. I consider myself part of an extended community of professionals operating and working in the most dangerous situations on a daily basis. I regard the operators at every level and division of Edinburgh Risk and Security Management [ERSM] in all its spheres of operation as highly skilled, dedicated, professional members of the extended community of men and women engaged in critical security and enforcement functions.

It detracts from the work and focus of us all to spend time on unnecessary rifts within the community we share. In that interest, I shall engage in no further public or private discussion, comment, or analysis of any kind concerning ERSM, or its operators, or its companies, or personnel, or operations in any forum, worldwide, past, present, or future.

I also direct that every past and existing discussion, comment, input, or analysis by me of any ERSM matter in any forum to which I have contributed whatsoever immediately be removed completely and totally. This directive includes removal of all video, audio, and photographic material and data in any medium.
    This decision and directive is made in the critical interest of refocusing us all on the life and death situations we face. Our need to support each other in those situations demands no less. Any suggestion of any kind that ERSM operations have not been or are not now totally and professionally focused on the tasks they perform in this effort should be stricken from the record.

I hereby retract without exception any and all statements of whatever kind attributable to me in any forum and in any medium, which statements in any manner reflect negatively on ERSM in any way.

/s/ James Yeager

----

It seems there is a bit of waffling going on in the Yeager corner whereas ESRM's position has never changed.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I heard esrice gets a $500 bonus for every Yeager thread he posts, and $1000 if they reach 5k views. :shady:

And to think it used to be $2 per banning and a quarter for every removed post for those under 50 posts...

Mods are really getting in the dough now.

Wonder if they still have to pickup Fenway's drive cleaning?

:laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Your wife.

He's ****ed.

58125b15.jpg

:laugh:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    By the way, INGO is up to 125 different threads with "Yeager" in the title, with 60 of them posted by esrice.

He has started 700 threads, so probably quite a few. I was just pointing out the possibility of a serious man-crush as of late. And the fact that INGO has over half of the videos posted here that Yeager has ever produced.

Only over half??

So what you are saying is that esrice is slacking on his duties?

You heard the man esrice..... get the rest of these videos up!

Top Bottom