• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I'm gonna share some "behind the scenes" info with you in an effort to be completely transparent and show that there's far less mystery than everyone would hope.

You know why that Profire video happened? Because a few months back the owner asked me why we (INGO) did videos of Bradis and BGF but not any of the other Advertisers. My reply-- "Because they invited us". Soon after that conversation he invited INGO to have a table at his reloading swap meet, which we attended. He's a smart business owner and he's learned that such opportunities help promote his shop on INGO. Later he invited us out to film a shop tour. The next time Fenway and Que were available they filmed a shop tour! No smoke, no mirrors, no back alley dealings. He extended an invitation and both parties came away better for it.

When you say "usuals" you talk like INGO has 'special dealings' with some and not others. What you're actually seeing is the difference between those shops that know how to work their businesses, and those that waste their paid space. Do you think INGO rigged the "Gun Shop of the Year" award for Bradis? Or do you think that they earned it with votes from their loyal customers that they've worked very hard to earn?

The above isn't even really anyone else's business, but I post it as an example to show folks that we (INGO) don't have some kind of secret agenda. We are staffed by volunteers that give their time and efforts to make this a great website. We are growing tired of the critics who question everything, but give nothing.

I'm so sick of your excuses. :xmad:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He has logged back into INGO several times after the challenge was presented and yet has never responded or posted.

so the auto assumption is he's a liar? As I said both here and to Que, anyone can call his unit and can query his First Sergeant. Have you or Fenway done that yet? Most of us would you consider either of you a third party versus someone that works/ed for JY.

How do you as a war veteran feel about another saying

I served before 9/11, I am no war veteran, just to clear up any misconceptions.

If you're going to hold the "INGO leadership" to a higher standard then shouldn't you also hold Vets to a higher standard?

Tons of people have been banned from INGO for less. If INGO has been clear about anything, it's been how it moderates with a heavy ban-hammer for non-sense. The mods have always been professional, so why would I expect any less now?

Of course this is all business. Who said it was anything BUT business?

not I. I've done plenty here myself back when I filmed a lot of Friday Night Steel, USPSA matches to draw people to the shooting sports section, just like others have done.

I've also spent quite a bit of time building up the Outdoors Section during the fishing and hunting seasons.

Who else has this many posts without participating at all in the Break Room?
    :rockwoot:

Don't get mad if all I want is for you to keep up the professional standard you've maintained since I first started posting here.

Besides... I was the Glock war master. I know it was hard to find someone to replace the post count when I converted to M&P :D

:ingo:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Work experience is what I look for. In some ways college was an absolute waste for me but I did meet Mrs. Fenway and some great friends. These days I think a decent 4 year public University or sime time spent learning skills at a Community College is the way to go. Get into the workforce asap, learn some skills, demonstrate you aren't a job hopper and climb the ladder. :twocents:

All I'm saying is that a Bachelor's is REALLY like "an introductory level of knowledge in a specific field." You could obtain the same level of positions and pay through relevant experience if you were really motivated and knowledgeable in your field.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll never respect anyone who puts training videos up on the web, and then refuses to finish them up with a good round of jazz hands.

If you're afraid to do jazz hands in your videos, you're a coward.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Work experience is what I look for. In some ways college was an absolute waste for me but I did meet Mrs. Fenway and some great friends. These days I think a decent 4 year public University or sime time spent learning skills at a Community College is the way to go. Get into the workforce asap, learn some skills, demonstrate you aren't a job hopper and climb the ladder. :twocents:
    Couldn't agree more. We have a project manager who's a job hopper. With how much money and effort I've put into my BS I almost wish I would have gone to a community college for two AS in different fields. I think it would have been less of a waste.

The president of Cinnabon is a 34 year old Bachelor's drop out. Read a news report on it the other day. She obtained her position, and was later encouraged by colleagues to go back for her Master's. Experience is far more valuable, IMO and IME.

That being said however, the thing management likes about fresh college faces is, that they can get a position filled and the work done for less than the guy with 20+ years of experience typically. That can work into a college grads favor a lot of times, but not all the time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    so the auto assumption is he's a liar?

Given his posting style and history I feel it's a pretty safe assumption to make. He was big on "honor" so I know he would've responded immediately if the allegations were false.

I've done plenty here myself back when I filmed a lot of Friday Night Steel, USPSA matches to draw people to the shooting sports section, just like others have done.

I've also spent quite a bit of time building up the Outdoors Section during the fishing and hunting seasons.

Who else has this many posts without participating at all in the Break Room?
    :rockwoot:

Please don't think for a second that I've grouped you in with the "critique everything, contribute nothing" crew. Everyone knows who they are and you obviously aren't one of them. I value your feedback and give it weight far beyond the whiners.

Top Bottom