• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It is also who INGO wishes to be associated with.

I have an acquaintance (not a friendly one) who is very pro-government and believes that guns should only be in the hands of "trusted" people (government employees).

Somehow he came across Yeagers death threats and dueling contract (apparently it's getting around) and sent me a message wanted to know if I supported this guy and that this guy was a perfect example of why there should be more "common sense" gun laws and why the "average" person shouldn't be allowed to own weapons.

Of course I told him that many gun owners do not support him and of course he pointed out all the supporters Yeager appears to have and how prone to violence they seem to be (based on how they always seem to resort to threats). He said he forwarded this info to some of the anti-gun organizations as he thinks over 20,000 Yeager trained emotionally unstable maniacs running around is a problem with the number "growing every day" (I was able to correct him that Yeager claims over "15,000" but he didn't think that was relevant).

Gotta say, love what the guy is doing for gun community :D

Not intending to question your integrity or motives by any means, BUT assuming this story to be true (and I have no reason to not believe it) this is EXACTLY what I've been saying for the last 6 months we've been getting his videos fed to us.

His videos are accessible to all and there are a LOT of people who want to take our gun rights away. Hence, in this industry it is even more imperative to conduct yourself professionally when in the public eye.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    :) Regrets are a part of life, but an older wiser person told me that sometimes things just aren't meant to be. Sometimes things just work out a certain way.

The upside is completing that BS/MS Program will probably be more beneficial to you in the long run :) Better for getting hired in a higher paying job at least. I must confess I have been toying around with the idea myself.
    Indeed. Although I sincerely miss the Corps, it was while on active duty on the west coast that I met my wife. Had I not been injured, I would have never met her. :yesway:

To be honest, I don't find much value in a BS. After next year I will have probably spent $60k on a degree which i've learned little to nothing I didn't know previously (due to prior professional experience). For a man who had no degree, I had a relatively successful career directly after high school due to shear motivation, determination, technical ability, and admittedly a bit of luck. I've hated finishing the BS because I've spent so much money on tuition and in addition i've lost 4 years of significantly higher incomes to hold a position which will work around class schedules. Really, if you have experience in a field to some degree, most employers see that as more relevant than a degree as long as you have the knowledge and can demonstrate that.

If you can in any way get into a MS degree, I would recommend that. It is entirely feasible/possible to get into such a program without a BS but it will take a considerable amount of motivation and effort on your part to show the college heads you have the ability to succeed.

My program allows me to complete a certain percentage of my MS, WHILE I'm finishing my BS. BUT I think that is only offered for certain degree programs and probably not every college offers it.:dunno:

Anyhow, off my soap box now..LOL

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Not intending to question your integrity or motives by any means, BUT assuming this story to be true (and I have no reason to not believe it) this is EXACTLY what I've been saying for the last 6 months we've been getting his videos fed to us.

His videos are accessible to all and there are a LOT of people who want to take our gun rights away. Hence, in this industry it is even more imperative to conduct yourself professionally when in the public eye.

It is a fellow who disagrees with me continuously about gun laws. Every time he gets a hold of something he sends me a message. Since I don't mind debating we get into lively discussions. The last one was that Bob Costas thing saying he agreed with him and wanted to know if his argument persuaded me.

My reply to him on that one was, and I quote: "old white biatches be crazy".

Now to be fair, part of his animosity is due to the fact that he was shot and his friend was killed in an altercation. The assailant was convicted but his friend is still dead (and they weren't engaged in criminal conduct). Edit: I have to also say, due in no small part to my rather persuasive arguments :) - that he does not always blame the gun but now considers the person actually pulling the trigger.

Yeager's situation is different because he has so many supporters. I can generally "win" debates with anti-gunners regarding things like the Colorado shooting, the colleges, etc. because of the nature of those incidents.

With Yeager he puts himself so out there and has so many like minded supporters it paints a picture of this mob of angry somewhat psychotic, juvenile group numbers in the tens of thousands all heavily armed and ready to kill people at the slightest provocation.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Indeed. Although I sincerely miss the Corps, it was while on active duty on the west coast that I met my wife. Had I not been injured, I would have never met her. :yesway:

To be honest, I don't find much value in a BS. After next year I will have probably spent $60k on a degree which i've learned little to nothing I didn't know previously (due to prior professional experience). For a man who had no degree, I had a relatively successful career directly after high school due to shear motivation, determination, technical ability, and admittedly a bit of luck. I've hated finishing the BS because I've spent so much money on tuition and in addition i've lost 4 years of significantly higher incomes to hold a position which will work around class schedules. Really, if you have experience in a field to some degree, most employers see that as more relevant than a degree as long as you have the knowledge and can demonstrate that.

If you can in any way get into a MS degree, I would recommend that. It is entirely feasible/possible to get into such a program without a BS but it will take a considerable amount of motivation and effort on your part to show the college heads you have the ability to succeed.

My program allows me to complete a certain percentage of my MS, WHILE I'm finishing my BS. BUT I think that is only offered for certain degree programs and probably not every college offers it.:dunno:

Anyhow, off my soap box now..LOL

I've heard that before, that Bachelors are almost useless now and you need a Masters at minimum.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You mean having your picture posted on the inter tubes with cash in one hand while flipping the bird with the other isn't professional? To some, posting pictures of yourself like that is evidence that you're a thug.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just some observations. I'm only a "customer" so my input means little, but take it for what you will...another :twocents:

While we really do appreciate the feedback, I can give you a list of 10 reasons why your listed assumptions and observations are incorrect. But often those aren't as "fun" as the reasons we can think up on our own.

To use your example, most would rather assume we have some kind of secret vested interest in promoting one gun shop over another, rather than admit the boring truth that the shop might just happen to be run by smart folks who know how to market. As the Advertising Director I could point to several examples of Advertisers completely wasting their ad space because they put zero effort into it.

But that's just one of several examples. Critics need to create mystery, even if their is none to be had. Me personally, I would prefer people invest themselves into the site by providing valuable content. But that takes a lot more work, energy, and transparency-- things critics aren't fond of.

Its for this reason that folks like bwframe have often challenged JY's critics to make videos of their own. He's not suggesting that anyone who hasn't created a video automatically lacks credibility, but rather than those who often criticize most harshly lack the willingness to put their own selves out there for all to judge.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've heard that before, that Bachelors are almost useless now and you need a Masters at minimum.
    Well, I wouldn't say you "need" a masters at minimum, necessarily.

I grossed about $65k for the first 4 years after high school. A good amount of OT, but for a single guy in the 21 year old age range...that was good pay.

All I'm saying is that a Bachelor's is REALLY like "an introductory level of knowledge in a specific field." You could obtain the same level of positions and pay through relevant experience if you were really motivated and knowledgeable in your field.

A Masters would allow you to jump to a more "administrative/decision making level in a company" much faster than the experience/BS route. Master's programs are much more in depth knowledge of their relative fields. Much more worth their effort and cost than a BS, IMO.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You mean having your picture posted on the inter tubes with cash in one hand while flipping the bird with the other isn't professional? To some, posting pictures of yourself like that is evidence that you're a thug.

As someone who was standing 2 feet away when that picture was taken I could tell you exactly what the circumstance and reasoning was, but you wouldn't want to believe me anyway. You already had an opinion and so now you look for things to support that opinion, while simultaneously blocking out anything that doesn't support it.

So he's a thug.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As someone who was standing 2 feet away when that picture was taken I could tell you exactly what the circumstance and reasoning was, but you wouldn't want to believe me anyway. You already had an opinion and so now you look for things to support that opinion, while simultaneously blocking out anything that doesn't support it.

So he's a thug.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you've not read the Zimmerman thread have you?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't think it makes him a thug, just unprofessional. Similar pics are enough evidence to several INGOers that they were instigators in a fight and deserved to die. Since Yeager fits a different demographic, he's viewed differently.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Its for this reason that folks like bwframe have often challenged JY's critics to make videos of their own. He's not suggesting that anyone who hasn't created a video automatically lacks credibility, but rather than those who often criticize most harshly lack the willingness to put their own selves out there for all to judge.

"While we are waiting for some of you keyboard "operators" and character assassins to make your own videos (yeah, that's a call out,) maybe we'll just watch some with the nads to actually do it:"

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mes_yeager_and_chris_costa-9.html#post3193878

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    While we really do appreciate the feedback, I can give you a list of 10 reasons why your listed assumptions and observations are incorrect. But often those aren't as "fun" as the reasons we can think up on our own.

To use your example, most would rather assume we have some kind of secret vested interest in promoting one gun shop over another, rather than admit the boring truth that the shop might just happen to be run by smart folks who know how to market. As the Advertising Director I could point to several examples of Advertisers completely wasting their ad space because they put zero effort into it.

But that's just one of several examples. Critics need to create mystery, even if their is none to be had. Me personally, I would prefer people invest themselves into the site by providing valuable content. But that takes a lot more work, energy, and transparency-- things critics aren't fond of.

I certainly don't disagree with any of this. :yesway::yesway:

Although, my "sharing the love" comment wasn't necessarily about site advertisements so much as it was about the mods' (such as yourself) independent reviews/promotions of such businesses. I enjoyed seeing Profire get promoted the other day because it was "out of the ordinary" and not one of the "usuals."

I understand bwframe's point, and largely agree, but it sort of collapses on itself. By which I mean, indeed many aren't willing to post videos and put themselves in the spotlight, but that (at least partially) is due to they know what all is involved and don't take that risk. Yeager does, and rather "own up to it" he makes it "worse" by promoting his "image." Doesn't really matter though. His business and he can run it however he wishes, but it's funny how many people complain about these such debates and yet we still post his videos religiously, LOL.

I don't really care either way. A lot of what he puts out I tend to agree with. Not all of it, but a lot of it. At first, I was glad to see an instructor to be a little more "rough around the edges" and go against the grain to show people that real situations are not all "fuzzy ducks" but then still there is a certain level of professionalism he SHOULD employ and chooses not to at times.

It is what it is. Nothing anyone can do about it. I've thought about starting a you tube channel and posting some videos. Not with any financial interest, but just for the sake of doing it and helping others. I'm no expert, but there's a lot of people who know both MORE than I as well as less and at least some could benefit from it. Perhaps later in 2013 I'll pick up a video recorder somewhere and throw a couple out there for fun. Time is big issue for me though. I can post on here quite often merely because both my work and school have me sitting at a computer 12+ hours a day most days.

Never the less, I find INGO to be much more informational than most places online.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Yes I'm aware of what bwframe wrote, that's why I used him as an example. Thanks for quoting it again though. :yesway:

No problem. Though it appears we disagree about his intentions. Suggesting that anyone who hasn't created a video automatically lacks credibility is exactly what I think he was going for (especially based upon his follow up posts in that thread). He also seems to be saying that people who don't do videos do not have any "nads" (that would be an accusation of cowardice which he seems to take such offense to).

Maybe I should threaten to "not let it go" implying that I am going to do something? Maybe I should threaten to kill him for saying I had no "nads"? Perhaps a "dueling contract"? Surely this would be supported by INGO? I mean what is the difference between me doing it and Yeager?

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I certainly don't disagree with any of this. :yesway::yesway:

Although, my "sharing the love" comment wasn't necessarily about site advertisements so much as it was about the mods' (such as yourself) independent reviews/promotions of such businesses. I enjoyed seeing Profire get promoted the other day because it was "out of the ordinary" and not one of the "usuals."

I understand bwframe's point, and largely agree, but it sort of collapses on itself. By which I mean, indeed many aren't willing to post videos and put themselves in the spotlight, but that (at least partially) is due to they know what all is involved and don't take that risk. Yeager does, and rather "own up to it" he makes it "worse" by promoting his "image." Doesn't really matter though. His business and he can run it however he wishes, but it's funny how many people complain about these such debates and yet we still post his videos religiously, LOL.

I don't really care either way. A lot of what he puts out I tend to agree with. Not all of it, but a lot of it. At first, I was glad to see an instructor to be a little more "rough around the edges" and go against the grain to show people that real situations are not all "fuzzy ducks" but then still there is a certain level of professionalism he SHOULD employ and chooses not to at times.

It is what it is. Nothing anyone can do about it. I've thought about starting a you tube channel and posting some videos. Not with any financial interest, but just for the sake of doing it and helping others. I'm no expert, but there's a lot of people who know both MORE than I as well as less and at least some could benefit from it. Perhaps later in 2013 I'll pick up a video recorder somewhere and throw a couple out there for fun. Time is big issue for me though. I can post on here quite often merely because both my work and school have me sitting at a computer 12+ hours a day most days.

Never the less, I find INGO to be much more informational than most places online.

I agree, there's a lot less BS to shovel through to find what you are looking for, and a lot less people that comment on a regular basis IMO. With plenty of fresh faces in the mix as well, it keeps it fresh around here. I could care less about JY video's, some make me laugh, some I turn off. That's my choice as with everyone else's. I still come here every day and enjoy the threads and cool pictures. :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I enjoyed seeing Profire get promoted the other day because it was "out of the ordinary" and not one of the "usuals."

I'm gonna share some "behind the scenes" info with you in an effort to be completely transparent and show that there's far less mystery than everyone would hope.

You know why that Profire video happened? Because a few months back the owner asked me why we (INGO) did videos of Bradis and BGF but not any of the other Advertisers. My reply-- "Because they invited us". Soon after that conversation he invited INGO to have a table at his reloading swap meet, which we attended. He's a smart business owner and he's learned that such opportunities help promote his shop on INGO. Later he invited us out to film a shop tour. The next time Fenway and Que were available they filmed a shop tour! No smoke, no mirrors, no back alley dealings. He extended an invitation and both parties came away better for it.

When you say "usuals" you talk like INGO has 'special dealings' with some and not others. What you're actually seeing is the difference between those shops that know how to work their businesses, and those that waste their paid space. Do you think INGO rigged the "Gun Shop of the Year" award for Bradis? Or do you think that they earned it with votes from their loyal customers that they've worked very hard to earn?

The above isn't even really anyone else's business, but I post it as an example to show folks that we (INGO) don't have some kind of secret agenda. We are staffed by volunteers that give their time and efforts to make this a great website. We are growing tired of the critics who question everything, but give nothing.

Top Bottom