• HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    one for the shirt lovers, in the video comments

You suck!!! Internet commandos unite!!!

I can't speak to whether or not your credentials are true or not because I can't say what you have seen, but I can say what you haven't seen...a competent stylist.

TheYankeeMarshal 12 hours ago

@TheYankeeMarshal - I bet I get laid more than you do!

JamesYeager 7 hours ago

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I think he's a D-bag with a stupid shirt BUT, I agree with a lot of what he has to say. I've owned quite a few 1911's through the years and the only one that has been 100% is my Springfield TRP. The worst was my Kimber. I have many other guns including Glocks that will out-perform many 1911's.:twocents:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    ^^ This ^^.

Yeager does have witty comebacks in comments sections though:

STORMCHASER: Saw Yeager on TV. He got smoked by some nobody gay guy.
    Funny that he claims combat experience on the show.
    You can see the extent of his combat experience here.

He forgets to take off the parking brake of the vehicle he's driving (showing about as much common sense as he did on the TV show)
    He's the one who runs away while his buddies lay bleeding to death. He then wrote an AAR blaming everyone else. He got sued for about $9 million and I believe settled out of court and can't talk about it anymore.
    He is considered a joke in the security contracting world and if you try to take a cert from his "contracting" classes to try and find a job with a legitimate company your application will be thrown in the trash...guaranteed.

YEAGER: Two points:

1. Say it to my face.

2. Jealous a bit aren't we?

I would make a longer reply but I am reading a script for a movie deal I have been offered and another for a technical adviser on another movie.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Especially if you look for 'James Yeager coward' or 'James Yeager ambush'. If I were going to give him grief about a video, it wouldn't be this one.

been there, saw that, two years ago. Lots of comments from those who weren't there. Maybe you should take it up with him and tell him how you would have done things based on your combat experience.

I've only had training, no time in a warzone, so I'm not qualified to respond or criticize. But it's been covered here at least ten times on INGO.

I guess you can't refute the 1911 video, so you have to bring this....

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    been there, saw that, two years ago. Lots of comments from those who weren't there. Maybe you should take it up with him and tell him how you would have done things based on your combat experience.

I've only had training, no time in a warzone, so I'm not qualified to respond or criticize. But it's been covered here at least ten times on INGO.

I guess you can't refute the 1911 video, so you have to bring this....

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear earlier in saying it isn't my intent to refute the video, and that I think it's generally silly to try to refute someone's statements about his/their findings. Sore spot? You seem to have lost your sense of humor.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear earlier in saying it isn't my intent to refute the video, and that I think it's generally silly to try to refute someone's statements about his/their findings. Sore spot? You seem to have lost your sense of humor.

now there is a cute straw man.

I'm not James, I'm not speaking for James. You seem to be making this personal, although I don't know why. How would his videos or time in combat be a sore spot for me?

as far as the "coward" video you posted, I think WETSU summed it up.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...er_the_martial_art_of_guns-2.html#post2601741

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    OK things I have learned from this thread.

1. HICKMAN loves this dude.
    2. This dude in the video is a tool.
    3. This guy in the video gets paid to teach people.
    4. Many people wasted money.

I shot a Glock once. 3rd round fte so did the 5th. Didn't finish the mag. Wasn't my gun so I didn't care. I have never had any isses from my 1911s. Only plastic gun I ever had faith in was an HK.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I love it! :popcorn:

There's a guy at work who claims he can put a full magazine (what is that, like 3 or 4 rounds?) into a QUARTER, offhand, at 50 feet with his bone stock springer 1911. He wants to bet me $1k on it, no joke. Claims that he has fired 2,000 rounds from it. I believe none of it. Keep polishing those turds you never fire, 1911 guys, that way they will always be 100% reliable. Hahaha!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    OK things I have learned from this thread.

1. HICKMAN loves this dude.
    2. This dude in the video is a tool.
    3. This guy in the video gets paid to teach people.
    4. Many people wasted money.

I shot a Glock once. 3rd round fte so did the 5th. Didn't finish the mag. Wasn't my gun so I didn't care. I have never had any isses from my 1911s. Only plastic gun I ever had faith in was an HK.

I don't know the guy, you don't know me, you are making things personal on the internets for no apparent reason.

I do love that he has caused so much butt hurt.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I group trainers like him in the same group with the following observations (direct and indirect):
    He, like alot of trainers, promote certain firearms over time. Example: Gabe Suarez promoted the idea that it was okay to have a "combat revolver" in one of his blog posts. Now, if you only have 6 rounds in the gun and not enough ammo to stop half the Pakistani army, then you will lose a fight on your corner street automatically.

They promote firearms. Some liked Glocks, now expound upon the glory of the Smith M&P. In the 80s, the Beretta 92 was the pistol to have. Now folks hate them because no trainer likes em and everyone parrots the same crap of them breaking because some grunt that likely doesn't take care of their pistol issued to them broke it over seas. Folks liked 1911s until ol' Yeager scraps on them. Todd Green said some bad things about the Gen4 Glock now likes the HK P30.

Firearms come and go, but so do trainers and training concepts. THIS and truely THIS is the exact reason you must take multiple courses from different trainers. Also, having a variety of weapons allows you variation in your style. The hardest part is finding what works for you when you want it. My 1911s rarely see carry service nowadays. Now it's my Makarovs and Hi Powers. Does that make me a non-adherent to the many classes I took? Yes it does. But I chose what works for me, not what some instructor who could be on the dole of a gun company wants. Do I actively shut out their advice of "Get rid of that High Power and get a Glock"? No, but when I shoot very well in the class with my High Power, I am not going to rush out, completely scrap the training I just recieved all over someone's personal opinion.

If an instructor tells me to get rid of a Jennings or Lorcin and get a Glock, okay, some merit there!! :D But if my pistol of choice (whatever it may be of decent manufacture) is running and I am shooting it well in the class, I will take his advice under consideration, but likely no further than that. :twocents:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    The number of students he teaches has gone up every year since he started. He must be doing something right.

A) his customer growth before he posted these vidoes means nothing.

B) TR's classes are relatively cheap. The two day fighting pistol class is $500. You can get more customers when you undercut somebody like Gunsite by 25-30%.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    The whole glock gen 4 ordeal was a stupid change on every level, IMO.

Take a totally proven design that doesn't need any changes at all, then change one of the most critical components.

You know I hear this kinda stuff from a LOT of Glock die-hards but really don't you WANT your favorite brand pistol usable by lots of different size people? With out the adjustable back strap Glocks are HUGELY thick in the grip area and UNUSABLE by much of the smaller handed population. The critical distance from back of grip to trigger face is way too large on a stock pre 4th gen Glock for anyone with less than average length fingers. I would think this rather large problem would warrant a redesign.

Of course the nice svelte single-stack 1911 NEVER had this problem.

I'm not a 1911 guy...never cared for cocked and locked carry but I do like the way they are easy shooting and fit a variety of hand sizes.

I carry XDms and LOVE it. The gun wearing the smallest back strap has a SHORTER trigger reach than even the Glock 4th gen with small strap. At first I was turned doff by the idea of the grip safety but in reality I don't feel it in use...it's never caused me any grief.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    would you please point me to the TIME in that video where he did that?

He asserted 1911 owner's have there ego's invested in there guns. He also stated that 1911 owners are naaive to failures.

He also has no idea what tolerance stacking is.

He's debating comments 1911 owners made in a previous video.

That's really your debate? Straw man? Come on...

That was a joke. What's a straw man? A scarecrow?

Don't know, could be limp wristing, bad shooting form, one of the newer ones with a bad springs he can get replaced, high primers for reloads or you just made that up to have a story to tell. How would I know?

Brand new G22 Gen 3. 5 jams within the first 200 rounds, using FACTORY ammo and I assure you I was holding it properly.

I never said Glocks are perfect and I don't buy in to ad campaigns. Did you also vote for "Hope and Change"?

Nope.

As stated several times in this thread, I've owned 1911's and will eventually get another one.

If you want James to answer your question, go comment on the video. If you are afraid of his response, don't give me grief about it.

Did try commenting, he did'nt approve. Must not want to back up what he has to say. Figures too.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He asserted 1911 owner's have there ego's invested in there guns.

They do... so do glock owners... or have you not been on the internet long?

He also stated that 1911 owners are naaive to failures.

Sounded to me like he was addressing students in previous classes.

Brand new G22 Gen 3. 5 jams within the first 200 rounds, using FACTORY ammo and I assure you I was holding it properly.

Hope he sold it and got something that worked better for him. Lots are loving the M&Ps, my dad has an M&P40 and loves it.

Did try commenting, he did'nt approve. Must not want to back up what he has to say. Figures too.

Don't think he hides from anyone in comments, didn't notice comment approval being on the video.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom