• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recon19d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Sierra Bravo November
    Jumping in here a little late, and im sure im repeating something someone els has already said, haha but James is on point, he is tactically and technically proficient and you cannot argue with that, and you cant argue the fact that his opinions are based off of facts in the environment he is in, as he said in the video he teaches a combat pistol class, classes that you typically burn up ATLEAST 800+ rounds through a 2 day period. So, in reference to that, yes Im sure your 1911 would malfunction more than a glock, I dont have any facts to stand behind this, but in my head, before him even voicing his opinion I would guess that anyway, to me the 1911 doesnt strike me as a gun people go to the range and shoot as many rounds as they would, say a glock. Point is, dude is on point and has the credentials and history to back everything he says up, so all you guys who tried saying he was fat a few years back clearly dont really have much of an argument on the subject at all haha.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    He may be right, he may have the experiance in the field, he may be sponsored by Glock who knows who cares.

Its the way in which he is making his point that I have a problem with. I dont respect people who dont respect others.

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I cannot say I've ever run my 1911 hard enough to compare to what he describes.

but my thoughts are this...........

Col. Jeff Cooper versus James Yeager (and his t-shirt). I'll take Col. Cooper's opionion.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    He lost credibility within the first two minutes when he asserted that the number of 1911s that work perfect are smaller than the number of Glocks that don't. I must be doing something wrong with my 1911s, as they all seem to work just fine. Maybe he's right in that a Glock is the best gun to take to a class. That does not make it the best gun for everyone to carry. I think my chances of hitting the Powerball are far higher than my chances of getting into a gun fight that lasts two days and consumes 800 rounds. But, I will concede the Glocks superiority in it's ability to be buried. If I ever need to buy a gun so I can then bury it, it will surely be a Glock.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    He may be right, he may have the experiance in the field, he may be sponsored by Glock who knows who cares.

Its the way in which he is making his point that I have a problem with. I dont respect people who dont respect others.

Ahahahah. Yeah, I heard him calling a bunch of people out in that video, by name even. Purple.

EXPERIANCE.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    The guy is a grade A d-bag plain and simple. I cannot imagine why he would do this if he is trying to run a business. Pissing off potential customers is simply not good marketing. You can have an opinion and you can even be right, but being a jerk is never a good idea.

I have had two Glock pistols. And like he says, they were super reliable. But I ended up hating them because the trigger was simply horrible and I did not want to modify my carry gun's internals. Second, the darn thing was just too thick (though I had to buy a thinner gun to really notice).

So when it comes to enabling the three primary fundamentals (grip, sight picture and trigger control), my Glocks let me down on two of them.

Of course, now I am thinking about buying a cheap used one to build a semi-race gun for steel challenge. Though that would have a much better trigger and the grip and my dremel would spend some quality time together.

Anyway, I also note that he started to talk about advanced machining processes and used MIM as an example. MIM is clearly not a machining process.

I was also disappointed to note that the FAQ on their web site specially states that their classes will regularly use foul language and should be considered Rated R. That is not classy and simply unprofessional.

I also fund it semi-funny that they recommend one of Jeff Cooper's books as a definitive reference on self defense shooting.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Just a few observations here:

For someone who quotes saying "No warrior should have a favorite weapon" he sure does drink alot of the Glock koolaid :n00b:
    Not saying that 1911 owners don't either...

Also, lets look closely at what he's saying:
    My Glock (1 manufacturer) works better than a 1911( ?? Number of manufacturers)

That said, 1 manufacturer can more closely monitor the machining/tolerence for ONE gun THEY designed.
    How many manufactures make Glock?
    How many manufacturers make 1911's?
    How many variations on the 1911 are there?
    How many manufacturers use the multiple parts from another manufacturer? That could be where some reliability issues come from.

If Colt was the only one still making 1911's and there magazines, there might be something there, but when you add 10, 20, 30 different manufacturers all with different variations on how they manufacture and assemble their weapon, their will be variations on the weapons performance, especially when they decided to change thing from the original design.

Now, if 30 different manufactures made a Glock and different Glock magazines , the I garuntee that the Glock wouldnt be the most reliable weapon around, due to different manufacturing techniques and modifications to the original design, and people using some of the same parts from manufacturers, creating a hybrid, if you will, Glock wouldn't be the end all be all weapon, but its legacy (Such as the 1911's) would precede it.

If EACH company made ALL of their own parts, and hand fitted them and checked tolerances, lockup, timing ect, like a 1911 should, I don't think there would be as many issues with "reliability" of 1911's.

IMHO, there are just too many variables for a 1911, from the mass production of a $300 1911, to the individually made, hand fitted $3000 1911.

If Glock had the same variables as the 1911, there wouldn't be the issue of which is better, each would have their pros/cons.

Not saying that 1911 is better than a Glock or that Glock is better than 1911, but one is a design that been around for 100 years, and one for 30 years. I think if you ran an original 1911 vs an original Glock, I think there would be a good contest there...

All that said, if he was trying to be funny and get a rise out of people, I think he accomplished his goal.
    If he's being completely serious, than I think he could use some tact and respect others for their opinions, whether you agree or not, and we'll respect your opinion better.

These are my thoughts and YMMV, sorry for the long post...

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    HUH? Who said anything about OCers? Also stop peeking in my windows!
    Just an example of "hardnosed people who will push thier OPINIONS as fact then make fun of people and talk down to them for having a different one." :)

Sorry. I thought my response would be more apparent.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Wasn't familiar with this guy; too bad I can't claim that anymore. (I don't carry a 1911)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    one question.

If the 1911 is so unreliable, how did JMB manage to fire over 6000 rounds from a single pistol over 48 hours without a single malfunction? I believe his design was dunked in water, thrown in mud and dipped in acid and continued to fire without issue.

Perhaps something has changed since 1910 in terms of the design.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    one question.

If the 1911 is so unreliable, how did JMB manage to fire over 6000 rounds from a single pistol over 48 hours without a single malfunction? I believe his design was dunked in water, thrown in mud and dipped in acid and continued to fire without issue.

Perhaps something has changed since 1910 in terms of the design.

I think some companies make their 1911's too tight these days trying to get every bit of accuracy out of them. I watched a video about Colt the other day showing their 1911 manufacturing and the VP was talking about the fine edge of combat accuracy/fit and super targer accuracy/fit. I have 3 newer 1911's and 1 from 1940, the old Colt may rattle a bit but it goes bang every time and it's quite accurate still! I love my 1911's and won't be getting rid of them for any reason, carry my Glocks because I like them too. On the video, everyone has an opinion and an a$#hole and you know what they say about those. :twocents:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Very true. He paid others to design the gun that would eventually wear his name, Whereas Browning personally designed, built, tested and sold the 1911 and his other creations with his own hands.

Browning was genius, Glock was a business man.

I respect both of them for what they did for the firearms industry.

Well said! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmmm. Yeah........ Im gonna go ahead and pretend I didnt watch this video.

All motorcyles should be Kawasaki, all Kawasaki motorcycles should be 1000cc, All 1000cc Kawasakis should be ZX-10Rs. Ive been a Motorcycle Technician for 5 years and Ive grown up restoring and working on bikes, and I have thousands on hours on the road so I know. A Kawaski out of the box will go faster and last longer than any Harley on the street and people who own Harleys have invested thier ego in thier bike so when it breaks they cry about it.

there now Im just as cool as this guy.

Oh wait I need a youtube channel so I can publicly make an ass out of myself and the whole world can see.

What A freaking tool!

img014.jpg

Man I hope you weren't serious. See avatar.......It would not turn like a Kaw, was not built to. It would outrun any kaw (street) through 3rd gear. Tested the theory regularly until I sent it on to the new owner. Never ever beat on the street, only once at the strip due to "catastrophic" failure. All brands suffer that.
    As to 1911's and his rant.....Oh well, we all have our opinions. His is just wrong in my mind. I prefer an H&K USP over a Glock. Price is not a factor when buying a gun. JMHO

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    img014.jpg

Man I hope you weren't serious. See avatar.......It would not turn like a Kaw, was not built to. It would outrun any kaw (street) through 3rd gear. Tested the theory regularly until I sent it on to the new owner. Never ever beat on the street, only once at the strip due to "catastrophic" failure. All brands suffer that.
    As to 1911's and his rant.....Oh well, we all have our opinions. His is just wrong in my mind. I prefer an H&K USP over a Glock. Price is not a factor when buying a gun. JMHO

egomachine :noway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    egomachine :noway:

I built every piece of this bike myself for personal satisfaction. Yes there is ego involved with everything we undertake in this life. With out ego there would be far less accomplished. Until you have done that then put your thumb somewhere else my friend. jealous or just do not get it. I had 2 other scooters at the time I owned this and all were Harley's by my personal choice just like preferring a glock or any other brand over another.
    I was stressing a point in reference to the Kawasaki post. I have owned and raced several Kaw's. They are one of my favorite makes. List your personal accomplishments and achievements before the "Thumb" my friend.

Top Bottom