• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    Yes, I am. In general. I have heard that more times than I can remember. 1911 owners making excuses as to why their finicky pistols don't want to perform that day. I can't say, seriously when I have ever heard a Glock owner make an excuse.

And I am not talking about function firing 14 rounds. I am talking about wringing that beast out. Under demanding conditions, you know, like fighting. Thats why we carry guns, right? Or is it something else perhaps.

Who needs 14 rounds? I only have 8 anyways.:D I have and love both. Neither have been unreliable. If I were in the sandy winds or in the deep jungle I would want my glock, but I am not. My 1911 works every time and I trust it as my EDC

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    A Glock out of the box will work, a 1911 out of the box "needs breaking in, and different mags, and proper ammo". I don't have time for that nonsense with a fighting gun. Yeager is right. I am glad he is stacking up haters. He must be doing something right.

It does not make sense to compare current Glocks to 100 year old 1911s.

My 2011 Colt 1911 was made on a CNC machine and is as tight as can be. I have put 100s (by its first birthday it should be thousands) of rounds through it and never had a issue (no misfeeds, misfires, etc). I have not done one thing to it except clean every 100 rounds or so (both Colt mags work perfectly).

A Glock may cost 1/2 as much (actually I bought one real cheap from someone who wanted to get a 1911 :D), but my Colt is twice as fun!

I volunteer to break in anyone's 1911, just supply the ammo (I bet I could get plenty of help, if needed) :rockwoot:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    A little story to lighten the mood: My dad told me a story when I was a kid that has stuck with me. He was drafted into the Army just after the Korean War. Served in Germany where he pulled stuck armor out of the mud. He was issued a M1 Carbine because when he was qualifying with a 1911, "I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it." The range officer told him most the 1911 the army had then were reworked WWI and II guns and were very loose.

Truth be told, my dad grew up on a farm and HATED pistols. He never understood there purpose.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeager is more than likely not wrong. Having taken a couple of his Fighting Pistol classes with a 1911, I know all too well his disdain for AnythingNotAGlock19. So what! Yes, Glocks are great, reliable and probably the best take-into-the-jungle-go-to gun. But, for my EverydayJoe life, I prefer, and carry more often, my 1911.
    It's just so darn perfect in my hand and feels oh so good ......

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I am. In general. I have heard that more times than I can remember. 1911 owners making excuses as to why their finicky pistols don't want to perform that day. I can't say, seriously when I have ever heard a Glock owner make an excuse.

And I am not talking about function firing 14 rounds. I am talking about wringing that beast out. Under demanding conditions, you know, like fighting. Thats why we carry guns, right? Or is it something else perhaps.

I don't plan on shooting mine, just pulling it out and flattening a perp with the awesomeness of my pimp shined 1911.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I cant get up enough emotion to care.

MY 1911 is reliable, to the tune of 6500 rounds.

I really dont care if every other 1911 in the world is garbage...maybe they are.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'll tell you one thing, for sure: People with any taste, in pistols or anything else, do not wear shirts like his. Or care about the opinions of those who do. And you can take THAT to the bank.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    that's what you got out of it... "bashing a different type of gun"

I personally think the video is funny. We hear ALL the time how great the 1911 is. I bought into it for awhile, as I said before, with an STI Spartan that didn't run for crap until I found mags it liked. Later I picked up a Wilson Combat CQB. Why did I need a $2700 to shoot matches with?

James is right... a $500 Glock will run all day and then some. People talk about Glockers drinking the kool-aide but 1911 guys are no different, they just pay a whole lot more for the drink.

Seems like the butt hurt is flowing over the observation he made of 15,000 students through his classes.

Go shoot your 1911's, but don't make them out to be God's gift to shooters or as he says... provide YOUR data to dispute him.

Did you actually read all my posts? I never said anything about a 1911 being the end all be all of guns. I never once said anything negative towards glocks, in fact I said I would choose one if I was going to combat.

My only issue is some guy on youtube is being a douche bag to fellow gun owners, basically saying that everyone who owns a 1911 is dumb for doing so and has a big ego. Its just stupid.

You posted this as a bait thread, your second post should be a clear indication of that. :rolleyes:

THIS!!!

Somthing with a little more tact! For gods sake man Mosinowner could read this thread!

Oh good lord, I wasnt even the first one to reference that in this thread. A mod deleted it so you can be happy now...

Last edited:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    most reliable at what? range shooting? Let's not pretend those M9's come out of the holster for thousands of rounds while deployed.

I work where they train the USSOCOM Joint Armorer's Course and nobody cares for the Beretta.

Hell, even the Army Times is saying good riddance...

Good riddance to troubled M9 pistol - Army Community - Army Discussions - Army Times

I have a 92fs in my cabinet right now, bought in 1988, more than 3000 rnds through it with no malfunctions, other than WHEN I loaded a hot round. Blew the springs out of the side and sheared the locking block. That was at about the 2k round mark. New springs and new block, another 1k plus through it since. Carried an M9 three tours in the sandbox, unkown round count, always functioned when test fired, and functioned the few times it was needed clearing light structures.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I dont care much for hardnosed people who will push thier OPINIONS as fact then make fun of people and talk down to them for having a different one.
    I agree. And everyone knows OCers are just compensating for small penises, will be the first ones targeted to get killed during a robbery, and will readily have their pistols taken from them when in public. And anyone who says differently is just itchin' for a fight.

:ar15:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Carried an M9 three tours in the sandbox, unkown round count, always functioned when test fired, and functioned the few times it was needed clearing light structures.

I was in when they transitioned them in, but out well before SHTF in 2001. Glad it served you well. :patriot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am not all hung up on his shirt, weight loss, or the content of the video.

I mean, its what the guy has experianced....hard to argue it.

The 1911 isnt even in the same league as modern pistols when it comes to combat or high round count training.

Its really these days mostly a target / gaming pistol.

Now I personally target or play gun games on a weekly basis, And I am in a warzone where I need 1000s of flawless pistol rounds just about......never.

So I carry a 1911 too.

I think I will need about eh.....what 4 flawless rounds out of it? Maybe...once in a hundred lifetimes?

I will play those odds.

To each his own. They are all pretty darned good.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I agree. And everyone knows OCers are just compensating for small penises, will be the first ones targeted to get killed during a robbery, and will readily have their pistols taken from them when in public. And anyone who says differently is just itchin' for a fight.

:ar15:

:n00b::scratch::scratch::n00b:

HUH? Who said anything about OCers? Also stop peeking in my windows!

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    that's what you got out of it... "bashing a different type of gun"

I personally think the video is funny. We hear ALL the time how great the 1911 is. I bought into it for awhile, as I said before, with an STI Spartan that didn't run for crap until I found mags it liked. Later I picked up a Wilson Combat CQB. Why did I need a $2700 to shoot matches with?

James is right... a $500 Glock will run all day and then some. People talk about Glockers drinking the kool-aide but 1911 guys are no different, they just pay a whole lot more for the drink.

Seems like the butt hurt is flowing over the observation he made of 15,000 students through his classes.

Go shoot your 1911's, but don't make them out to be God's gift to shooters or as he says... provide YOUR data to dispute him.
    this is spot on.:rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My only issue is some guy on youtube is being a douche bag to fellow gun owners, basically saying that everyone who owns a 1911 is dumb for doing so and has a big ego. Its just stupid.

He's being a wise ass while making a point

You posted this as a bait thread, your second post should be a clear indication of that. :rolleyes:

of course I did, the video is funny and we've had this discussion on INGO a 100 times. Most of the single stackers here know me, and it's an ongoing joke. They've just run out of kaboom jokes lately.

Oh good lord, I wasnt even the first one to reference that in this thread. A mod deleted it so your sensitive eyes can come back.

I'm hardly sensitive to it, as I said, it's a running joke here for the last couple of years now.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    now I have to run, my wife is yelling about it being bedtime and "I'm arguing on the internetz"

she just texted me saying "prioritize or don't b**ch"... so...

Top Bottom