• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What's GS Grades?

In the Federal Government it is pay grades. Most are GS or General Schedule, for LE jobs (US Marshals, Bureau of Prisons Border Patrol etc) below grade 10 it is GL 5.6.7.8 or 9.

Then for some other specialty jbs WS scale etc.

FBI starts out at GS 10 in their Academy then I believe they go to 13 automatically. Then your GS 14's are your upper supervisory agents and your 15's are usually your SAC (Special Agent in Charge)

Here is the OPM breakdown per geographic area

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/pdf/2015/leotb.pdf

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow! Things have changed since I was in that system.

With a bachelor's degree, you started at GS-7 regardless of the agency or administration (to my knowledge). In my agency, GS-12 was the upper limit when I started for anyone who was not a section or branch chief or up, then they opened the path to GS-13. Now it's a lot different.

Plus, back then Federal pay scales were way, way below private industry and state agencies for the same or similar job and experience. Now in most cases, that has reversed. Were I in the same job and same location as I was then, I'd be making 2-2.5 times what they paid me in 1991.

In the Federal Government it is pay grades. Most are GS or General Schedule, for LE jobs (US Marshals, Bureau of Prisons Border Patrol etc) below grade 10 it is GL 5.6.7.8 or 9.

FBI starts out at GS 10 in their Academy then I believe they go to 13 automatically. Then your GS 14's are your upper supervisory agents and your 15's are usually your SAC (Special Agent in Charge)

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/pdf/2015/leotb.pdf

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Thanks for the info and I get the reference that we are probably all below her pay grade to be of any serious consideration. Among other things. :D

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for the info and I get the reference that we are probably all below her pay grade to be of any serious consideration. Among other things. :D

Well I did omit one other important thing. With a lot of people (women) in the Fed's it is not only an upper pay grade they are after it is also the "Prestige" any potential new person to date must hold for Any relationship to go forward. Again nothing against her as I do not know her just an observation of the law of averages in almost 20 years of Fed LE work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, back on subject...
    Fogel's lawyers are challenging his sentencing, saying the judge went above the recommended sentence based on Fogel's fantasies and not what he actually did. As much as it pains me, I do see their point and think the judge may have overstepped in this case for the wrong reasons. Fantasies aren't crimes. Fogel committed crimes in possessing forbidden pictures and having sex with an "underage" girl in NY, (which, if he'd stayed in Indiana wouldn't have been illegal, just distasteful).

Jared Fogle -- Challenges Sentence ... Wrong to Punish Me for My Fantasies

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, back on subject...
    Fogel's lawyers are challenging his sentencing, saying the judge went above the recommended sentence based on Fogel's fantasies and not what he actually did. As much as it pains me, I do see their point and think the judge may have overstepped in this case for the wrong reasons. Fantasies aren't crimes. Fogel committed crimes in possessing forbidden pictures and having sex with an "underage" girl in NY, (which, if he'd stayed in Indiana wouldn't have been illegal, just distasteful).

That happens all the time within Federal court. For both the defense as well as the US Attorney's Office. Sometimes the defense wins and gets a sentence reduction and sometimes the USA wins and gets additional time (remember a couple involved in the Oregon standoff).

The Federal court just had a huge sentence reduction with non violent drug crimes and released 6,000 inmates in October of 2015 and anouther 6,000 through Jan 2016

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    . Fogel committed crimes in possessing forbidden pictures and having sex with an "underage" girl in NY, (which, if he'd stayed in Indiana wouldn't have been illegal, just distasteful).

??? Hu ??? Is the age of "underage" different in NY then in IN? :dunno:
    Plus when is the possession of forbidden pics a no-no?
    This is a bit off topic but there have been post and news articles of high schools kids sexting and sending each other nudes which is by definition forbidden pics. So who gets in trouble?

For example.
    Student A sends nudes unsolicited to Student B or the teacher.
    Are all 3 breaking the law since they have forbidden pictures?
    If so how is this fair for Student B or teacher who did not request these images but now have them?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is a bit off topic but there have been post and news articles of high schools kids sexting and sending each other nudes which is by definition forbidden pics. So who gets in trouble?

For example.
    If so how is this fair for Student B or teacher who did not request these images but now have them?

When are underage photos forbidden? Always.
    Someone sends you them, delete and stop talking to that person.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

For example.

Actually the age of consent varies by state. Unless one is a teacher, coach or where they are a ward of that ones custody etc, in Indiana the age is 16 and they are legal however to share pictures is illegal. You can go to another state and it might be 18.

Where Subway boy got into Federal trouble is he crossed state lines for sex with a minor and used the internet to do it so interstate commerce came into play which = Federal charges.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Top Bottom