• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    News story on TV said she got a $7MM divorce settlement. Apparently 7 million ain't enough for her to scrape by. Now she wants more from someone/anyone else she can find to sue. What a blood sucking leech ! . . . . . . . and that's just her attorney I'm talking about. I can't use the words that come to mind about her due to fear of being banned.

One of the statements attributed to her at the press conference she held was that she is "a very private person." Uh, making a statement like that at a press conference you called seems a slight bit disengenuous to me.

And perhaps even worse the news media has determined to make this a news story. What a crock.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Always follow the money...

Sounds like she is.

News story on TV said she got a $7MM divorce settlement. Apparently 7 million ain't enough for her to scrape by. Now she wants more from someone/anyone else she can find to sue. What a blood sucking leech ! . . . . . . . and that's just her attorney I'm talking about. I can't use the words that come to mind about her due to fear of being banned.

One of the statements attributed to her at the press conference she held was that she is "a very private person." Uh, making a statement like that at a press conference you called seems a slight bit disengenuous to me.

And perhaps even worse the news media has determined to make this a news story. What a crock.

... wow.

So, do you not think she has some merit in what she's saying? What if Subway knew what Jared was doing, and didn't say anything?

Would you want that kind of person around your kids?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    yeah, I think Subway is culpable if they knew of this and kept it quiet. As to her getting financial payment for marrying a guy who was a privately known child molestor, I'm not so sure

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How would Subway be liable to Fogle's wife regardless of what they knew when?

It seems like of all people I should know this, but.....

And don't forget, in other Jared news, the civil lawsuit filed by one of the victims has been voluntarily dismissed without a settlement.

I am all for justice. What I find reprehensible is a money-driven pile-on where is no real liability.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

And don't forget, in other Jared news, the civil lawsuit filed by one of the victims has been voluntarily dismissed without a settlement.

I am all for justice. What I find reprehensible is a money-driven pile-on where is no real liability.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The wifes bad decision to marry the pedo in the first place is her problem.
    Personal responsibility.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder what charges the franchisee could be facing for not alerting police to the child abuse he told her about. Any idea what state that was? Edit -> Florida. They made their law stricter in 2012 but it replaced an existing mandatory reporting law...

the above article states the CEO's name, but this article named him as a CEO of some lower level marketing arm, not the whole organization

http://people.com/crime/subway-responds-to-cindy-millss-claims-about-jared-fogle/

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wonder what charges the franchisee could be facing for not alerting police to the child abuse he told her about. Any idea what state that was?

No idea. However in most places, there is no general duty to report that a crime my have been committed. As to child abuse (of any nature) the list is limited to "mandatory reporters". Is a Subway franchisee a mandatory reporter?

If so, what nexus does this have with the ex-wife?

[edit]

OK I get it. IF Subway had investigated they would have found out he was a mope. I would not have married a mope.

Weak.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't see how Subway is responsible for her ignorance about the man she married. What Subway did was irresponsible, but to doc's point, why the hell would a franchisee not call the police?

I wonder how it would go for her if it came out that she should have known herself even.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't see how Subway is responsible for her ignorance about the man she married. What Subway did was irresponsible, but to doc's point, why the hell would a franchisee not call the police?

I wonder how it would go for her if it came out that she should have known herself even.

The way I heard it on the radio is she's doing this to get the information out from Subway. It didn't sound like she wanted money, but I'm sure that was part of the suit, or advised by her lawyers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The way I heard it on the radio is she's doing this to get the information out from Subway. It didn't sound like she wanted money, but I'm sure that was part of the suit, or advised by her lawyers.

I can see her wanting some answers from Subway, but how entitled to that is she?

And I see no justice in a financial award. Seems to me, the biggest financial loss she's suffered from this is the loss of Fogel's paycheck. There's a social stigma attached to being married to a high profile child molester. I don't think Subway is responsible for that. Fogel is.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The way I heard it on the radio is she's doing this to get the information out from Subway. It didn't sound like she wanted money...

BS.

My take is that she's trying recast herself as some sort of hero to get out from under the whispers that she may have known or been complicit and make the suit last long enough that her lawyers can start performing some discovery that is uncomfortable for Subway and thereby encourage a settlement to "make it all go away".

Her lawyers aren't trying to make the world safe for mediocre sub loving minors.

Top Bottom