• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, in light of the new accusations what actual crime has he committed? The age of consent is 16 in Indiana, so he's clear there. The only ting I can possibly see is a possible solicitation charge, and we have no "victim" since no-one has named the supposed 16 year old. Any charges here that aren't being seen?

I thought 16 was only if the other party was 18 or under, and if the other party isnt also a minor, that its no longer kosher?

16+18=ok
    16+22=pretty silver handcuffs, a spot on a registry, and mandatory meetings with your fellow offenders every halloween night.

Or has that changed?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    cameramonkey said:
    I thought 16 was only if the other party was 18 or under, and if the other party isnt also a minor, that its no longer kosher?

16+18=ok
    16+22=pretty silver handcuffs, a spot on a registry, and mandatory meetings with your fellow offenders every halloween night.

Or has that changed?

I believe this is only true if you are in some specific positions of authority over the minor. Memory is vague, though.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Did anything ever come of the raid on his home 3 weeks ago?

Uhh I believe to have narrowed it down that the Hot FBI chick works here .....
    New%20Indianapolis%20office.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think you're right. Like a teacher/student, coach/student, etc..

Nope. Nothing to do with teacher/coach, etc. Thats a different nuance.

The Indiana Law Blog: Ind. Law - "16 is Indiana's legal age of consent"

"Gensel said Indiana law was amended within the past few years to address such cases. Indiana law now states a person can have sex with someone under the age of consent as long as he or she is not more than four years older than the underage person and if the relationship was ongoing. So, a 19-year-old can be with a 15-year-old."

He's screwed... (again)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"Gensel said Indiana law was amended within the past few years to address such cases. Indiana law now states a person can have sex with someone under the age of consent as long as he or she is not more than four years older than the underage person and if the relationship was ongoing. So, a 19-year-old can be with a 15-year-old."

He's screwed... (again)

Well, maybe there's still hope for Dead Duck yet...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

He's screwed... (again)
    No. That's not what the amended IC says. As long as you're not in a position of authority over a 16 year old, it's still OK. The Romeo and Juliet provision ONLY applies to those under the age of 16, as your quoted piece says. A 30 year old and a 16 year old still aren't committing a crime by having sexual relations.

WomensLaw.org | Indiana Statutes: IC 35-42-4-9 Sexual misconduct with a minor

Scroll down to see the sex crimes statute.

Top Bottom