• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Not looking forward to the IPhone 5. Had a 3GS, suffered an accident, pulled an old Blackberry out of the garage and I've cracked the screen and had the ball fall out twice and I gotta say I like it more I think. It is less of a distraction to me. Text, calling, and weather is all I need.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    540136_10151231761112792_1374430908_n.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I certainly wouldn't wait in line on release day to get one in a store. I saw the pre order option and spent 5-10 minutes online ordering it. I could wait several mor months for the release and be ok with it. I'm not a big tech junkie but I love my iPhone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Fortunately for me and my 22 shares of Apple stock, there's quite a few people in the world that enjoy Apple's products :)

This will be our 4th iPhone (3 for me and 1 for my wife)
    iPad 2 with Bluetooth keyboard
    Mac mini with USB keyboard
    Time capsule
    Airport express

I like my Apple stuff.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I refuse to buy apple products, greedy worthless company. The JY of the electronic world.

Is it not the goal of every company to make money? How is apple any more greedy and worthless than any other company?

I'm not an apple fanboy. I bought my first iphone about 6 months ago and will hold onto it until I am due for an upgrade. When that time comes I will gladly pay the $299 to get an iphone because I feel that it is a superior product. Nobody is holding a gun to my head making me buy apple. I choose to do so.

Just wondering g where that statement came from.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Actually I prefer a phone that I can replace the battery, upgrade the memory, and have running applications on a user configurable desktop.

Have had LTE for a year now... iphone5 would have been great idea (a year ago)

Not a troll, just a realist....

I refuse to buy apple products, greedy worthless company. The JY of the electronic world.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Actually I prefer a phone that I can replace the battery, upgrade the memory, and have running applications on a user configurable desktop.

Have had LTE for a year now... iphone5 would have been great idea (a year ago)

Not a troll, just a realist....

I can replace the battery on my iphone...little more work, yes but I can do it

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I can replace the battery on my iphone...little more work, yes but I can do it

You can't swap batteries throughout the day in a couple seconds :):

On the 4G thing my 4S never said 4G in the two weeks and two different phones I went through in that time. I had the same crappy erratic 3G full bars no bars all other iPhones had while sitting on my couch. LTE is pretty solid, at least onmy skyrocket, and I hope it takes care of the erratic signal issue for my wife, along with the dropped calls. I can count on one hand how many dropped calls I have had since I switched to the Skyrocket almost 10 months ago. My iPhone I couldn't count on one hand the amount in a week.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

On the 4G thing my 4S never said 4G in the two weeks and two different phones I went through in that time. I had the same crappy erratic 3G full bars no bars all other iPhones had while sitting on my couch. LTE is pretty solid, at least onmy skyrocket, and I hope it takes care of the erratic signal issue for my wife, along with the dropped calls. I can count on one hand how many dropped calls I have had since I switched to the Skyrocket almost 10 months ago. My iPhone I couldn't count on one hand the amount in a week.

Why would you want to keep switching batteries?

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Is it not the goal of every company to make money? How is apple any more greedy and worthless than any other company?

I'm not an apple fanboy. I bought my first iphone about 6 months ago and will hold onto it until I am due for an upgrade. When that time comes I will gladly pay the $299 to get an iphone because I feel that it is a superior product. Nobody is holding a gun to my head making me buy apple. I choose to do so.

Just wondering g where that statement came from.

Far from a troll. I dislike their business practices. I dont like compnaies who try to become a monopoly like Microsoft has tried. All this BS from the Apple vs Samsung court dealings is another case in point Apple wants to remove competition or take credit for something they (apple) really did not "invent". I understand some people here might think its ok to sue another company because their product has "curved edges" (and much more) just like yours and you feel yours was first and its your right, but I dont like that. I believe Samsung is going to make Apple a better company and make better products and vice versa.

Look up some company info and such and decide for yourself, but for me, apple is evil.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Yeah, and you don't need to because the iPhone actually LASTS a day on a charge.

On the 4G thing my 4S never said 4G in the two weeks and two different phones I went through in that time.

Um, perhaps that's because the 4S wasn't a 4g or LTE phone?
    :scratch:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think the lawsuits with apple and samsung were silly. I cant fault apple for filing them because when you have shareholders the goal and responsibility of the company is to make those shareholders as much money as possible. Those lawsuits really set samsung back. Samsung is apples biggest competition, so that's good for apple.

I agree with what you said about competition. I was a football coach and our team was really good when we had talented backups that pushed our starters to perform because their jobs were always on the line. The same principle applies in business. Competition will produce better products at lower prices. Competition benefits the consumer, not so much the producer. I cant fault them for what is best for their shareholders. I certainly cant call them evil. If I ever develop those feelings I will do what you do and simply not purchase their product.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    New iPhone looks cool, but only a little cooler than My 2year old HTC Vivid and not quite as cool as My son's HTC one-x. Which is down to $99 btw. I love all the apple products we own but I could just never get excited by the phones. I do wish I had a few shares of their stock laying around.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011

Ummm no it didn't last all day, maybe on minimal use but I couldn't get 5 hours out of either 4S and that was after turning all kinds of stuff off. I had literally every iPhone and was doing good to get through an 8 hour day at the office before needing to charge or it was dead.
    The 4S will read 4G around here. I have several friends with them, they all say 4G around here not 3G. There's been several article's from various sources that talk about it and how AT&T considers their 3G HSPA+ to be 4G and the phone indicates such. Thanks :rolleyes:

I'll add that after several phone calls and a couple hours on tech support total I had been on a pre-release to updates that were supposed to "fix" issues. The 4G indication was from an update

Last edited:
    Top Bottom