• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, after 3 days with an iPhone 5, I've confirmed that I just prefer android phones right now. It's a nice phone, and all, and IOS6 is fine, but I'm ready to go back to android.

Curious about your comment, what makes you say this?

I'm curious as well.

My younger brother was a HUGE Android fan. Until he tried the iPhone....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've had 2 different iphones for 4 years now and never had an issue. The damn things work. A guy at work showed me an Android phone that he's customized. Something to do with 4 different boot ups, speeding it up and I don't know what all. I turn my iphone on, open the app I need and it works. If I wanted to work on it, I'd build the entire thing myself.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    To answer the questions about my preference...

Yep, absolutely, iPhones work, they're easy, I have no complaints about them. If my mother (about 80 years old) asked me the android/iphone question I would recommend iPhone, without a second's pause. I'm really not a hater. I use a Mac and an iPad, and will continue to do so.

So why android for my phone? Mostly, I like it that it's so "configurable" or "personalizable". I also like the larger screen -- I have very large hands, and the larger form factor and screen of some of the android choices fits me better. On the "personalizable" point, I really like it that I can put what I want/need/use on the "home" screen (the first screen you see when you wake the phone up) and don't have to launch anything. I wake up my android phone and immediately see a clock, the date, the weather for the next 5 days, my appointments for today, and my to-do list. Those can easily change for someone else, but that's what I've chosen to display there. Across the top bar, I see notification icons for various other things like emails and SMS messages.

I really like the ability to use apps like locale or tasker or automate it to have my phone automatically do the things I do regularly. I like it that I can have my phone on silent, but have rules in place to make intelligent decisions based on time of day, location, who's calling/texting, etc, that MIGHT override silent. Or vice-versa. Jelly Bean and "project butter" have REALLY improved android, IMHO. I could go on for a while about little things I like, but they really weren't the deciding factors for me.

I was hardcore iPhone until they pissed me off with the 4s. I thought I'd switch to android just until they gave us a phone that was worth having -- something, say, with 4G/LTE like all of the other modern phones... When I saw the 5 launch, I was excited and ordered immediately. I eagerly ripped it open to play with it, and it was VERY pretty, very usable, a great phone. Did I mention VERY pretty? It is. But I quickly found myself missing some of the features of android. That's just me, of course, and I definitely wouldn't think android is a better fit for everyone, but I think it is for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an iPhone to ANYONE, and would probably USUALLY recommend it over android. But for me, for now, I'm happier with android than with the iPhone 5.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    What happened to **** you off on the iPhone 4s?

I thought it was a sorry excuse for an "upgrade". For example: every other phone that was being released at that time was 4G. OK, yes, you could probably go back and find one that wasn't but 4G was the norm and the expectation...

Probably at least partially a case of a user tantrum -- based on what was then current technology, rumors, hopes, I'd built a set of expectations around what the "iPhone 5" (coughcough) would be and have. When they did that launch and showed us, instead, the iPhone 4s, I was hugely disappointed. I think they counted on all of us to just snap it up anyway, because they're Apple and it's the iPhone and we're hooked. It's not that the 4s is a bad phone.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I thought it was a sorry excuse for an "upgrade". For example: every other phone that was being released at that time was 4G. OK, yes, you could probably go back and find one that wasn't but 4G was the norm and the expectation...

Probably at least partially a case of a user tantrum -- based on what was then current technology, rumors, hopes, I'd built a set of expectations around what the "iPhone 5" (coughcough) would be and have. When they did that launch and showed us, instead, the iPhone 4s, I was hugely disappointed. I think they counted on all of us to just snap it up anyway, because they're Apple and it's the iPhone and we're hooked. It's not that the 4s is a bad phone.

Gotcha.

And I admit that's how I felt. I had gotten my first iPhone, the 4, a couple weeks before the 4s launched.

I'm waiting a couple months before I buy the 5.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Free speech, pal :D

Troll

If you didn't own an iPhone already, it's ok but coming from an iPhone 4 owner, it's not worth the cost to upgrade to iPhone 4S.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    If you didn't own an iPhone already, it's ok but coming from an iPhone 4 owner, it's not worth the cost to upgrade to iPhone 4S.

And if you currently own a iPhone4 or 4s and can live without 4g then there's really no need to get an iPhone5 thanks the release of the iOS6 upgrade.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    And if you currently own a iPhone4 or 4s and can live without 4g then there's really no need to get an iPhone5 thanks the release of the iOS6 upgrade.

Isn't the LTE and processor upgrade a pretty big deal? That's about the only complaint I have with my iPhone 4...if the 5 isn't noticeably faster I don't have any need to upgrade.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Isn't the LTE and processor upgrade a pretty big deal? That's about the only complaint I have with my iPhone 4...if the 5 isn't noticeably faster I don't have any need to upgrade.

I had a 4S and the 5 kicks the crap out of it for pretty much everything. Faster CPU, faster GPU, faster data access, larger screen, better battery, thinner, better construction, etc.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville

Everything ive heard makes me think the 5 is better in all regards than the 4s. That said, I wont be upgrading. I got the 4s about 6 months ago and it works just fine for me. There isn't anything that makes me want to get a new phone. I will just wait another year and a half so I can get the 5.5 or 6 for the discounted price.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'll stick with my 4s also. I have a 4g/wi-fi generation 3 iPad that I do all my high speed surfing on anyways. The larger screen of the iPad sure gives my eyes a break and now that it has FaceTime, siri, maps, etc. I prefer it for browsing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Got the shipping notice for my iphone 5 today. Should have it Monday. I also ordered 3 extra charging cables.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    like to

id like to get one but i cant upgrade to oct 2013 so 650 bucks for a new phone seem a bit lame and stupid. i rather buy a gun. but my 4s is still pretty good so ill be ok. I agree with the guy about the otterbox cases
    There is no better way to spend your money than an otterbox case
    top notch product

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Got the shipping notice for my iphone 5 today. Should have it Monday. I also ordered 3 extra charging cables.

I really like the new connector. I've got several of the older dock connectors that have been worn out and don't stay connected very well, this new one looks like it will fix that issue. Plus, it might be my imagination but my 5 charges a LOT faster than my 4S did.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I took my iPhone 5 back to sprint last night and got the Samsung Galaxy S III. Much happirr. I was having problems with connectivity with iOS6. My internet rarily connected, i couldnt get any voicemails and i had to keep going to Settings and then Restore Network Connections. Very annoying.

I am so happy with the Galaxy.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Anyone else have the speed test app? My iPhone 5 is smokin fast!:eek:

The bottom result is from my iPhone 4, the rest are from my 5!:D

EC37C1EF-2935-441C-A066-93274908BA0A-305-0000003A07D77226.jpg

Top Bottom