• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Pretty much. The policies of Reagan that were popular in the 80s are considered radically right wing now. I think Obama has helped break many of the natural barriers that tend to limit social progress to what generally happens on its own.

And, rather ironically, Black Lives Matter, racial participation in the Academy Awards, etc., are pulling the window in the opposite direction during the term of a black president.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    not-this-again.jpg

If an individual is being beaten to death on the street corner as you look on, but you don't believe in violence and just walk away, are you any less responsible for letting them get beat to death?

How is an election that directly impacts everyone in the nation any different?

Normally I'd agree with you, but we have a murderer and a spy who idiots are pushing through to possibly become president. I think the principled vote stuff should be put aside for less serious elections, like the last 2.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And, rather ironically, Black Lives Matter, racial participation in the Academy Awards, etc., are pulling the window in the opposite direction during the term of a black president.
    The pendulum swings, but it seems it goes lefter each round trip.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So you want your guns taken away, just not all of them? That's what the center equates to on practically every issue.

You do realize it's impossible to nail down a single issue like that when we don't get the option of voting of a single issue? If you want to put gun rights to a vote, I'll publicly line up in support of them, but I'm not buying into the Republicans' cultural policies just for a single issue.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    You do realize it's impossible to nail down a single issue like that when we don't get the option of voting of a single issue? If you want to put gun rights to a vote, I'll publicly line up in support of them, but I'm not buying into the Republicans' cultural policies just for a single issue.

Keep riding the fence and you end up with splinters in your a**.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Complaining to those of us not voting Republican does you absolutely no good. Take it up with your candidates who are running away from the center.
    Why must it always be the republicans obligation to run towards what you and other dems like you consider to be "the center"?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What happens to delegates as people drop out of the race?
    Based on my recollection (of stories I've heard), it depends.

So, even though the Iowa delegates are apportioned, I don't think they've actually been appointed. So, any Rand Paul delegates are theoretical. Let's say he endorses Cruz. When the time comes to appoint his delegates, he can ask Cruz to appoint them, or he can appoint people he knows and ask them to vote for Cruz. Or, he can appoint them and tell them to vote their conscience.

If the delegates are already appointed when the candidate drops out, then they are somewhat honor-bound to transfer allegiance to whomever their candidate endorses. If their candidate doesn't endorse anyone, then they can vote for whomever they want. Technically, they can vote for whomever they want anyway. But, the candidates try very hard to appoint delegates who are trustworthy.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    But what Cruz did in Iowa was pro. It is what big boy politicians do. Heck, by that measure, it was downright tame.

I thought Cruz is running on the platform that he's not your typical politician, his move proves that he is just as bad as the rest of the establishment.

He is also running on that he is a big Christian, In my opinion what he did was not representative of a good Christian. It was dishonest.

I suppose if he had sent out a false statement that Carson had been in a car wreck and died and you might as well now vote for Cruz than that's fine to.

Call it whatever you want, but if he's willing to cheat and lie here where does he draw the line when its much more important?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom