• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, I didn't see that coming. Think his supporters will head on down Cruz's way?

I would think so being they are generally interested in support of the constitution. :twocents:

Now if a few more drop out we'll see who can build a majority, not just get more than the others.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm sure the non-interventionists will just love the guy who wants to find out if sand can glow in the dark.

I would say that you have a very good point here. That said, one thing that should never be underestimated is the strangeness of politics.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Before the campaign season started up, conservatives were always bragging on Paul, Cruz and Lee. So I would hope most of Paul's supporters would migrate to Cruz.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Before the campaign season started up, conservatives were always bragging on Paul, Cruz and Lee. So I would hope most of Paul's supporters would migrate to Cruz.

Those two guys are the most constitutionally minded of the bunch. They came at it at slightly different angles with differing points of emphasis but even if you prefer one's angle over the other, either one is better than Rubio's, Carson's, or Trump's -- I'm not sure Trump has read the Constitution or the Bible.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, there might be a truth in advertising issue there. He caucused with the Dems, he voted with the Dems, he's running for Pres as a Dem...but he says he's an independent. I don't believe him. He's just another communist in the Dem party. Heck, for his honeymoon the guy went to the Soviet Union...garden spot that it was. People like this used to be widely considered enemies of the country and while they still are they're now allowed to run for president.

At least he didn't kill 4 Americans, lie to their families, and fumble HUMINT documents.

I could go on for weeks.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I've followed Cruz for a long while now. I don't see how he's in any way comparable to Rand on anything, they seem like they're from vastly different parties.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]To me, Cruz is just another politician, except with a better than average voting record. I have trouble trusting his intentions or figuring out where his heart really is even after all these years. I think the second he stepped in the oval office he's the type that would do a 180.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Simply yelling "The Constitution!" doesn't inspire confidence in me. Democrats do that as well.
    Rand actually went to great lengths to explain the constitutionality of things and made it very easy to check what he said against the actual constitution its self without reading between the lines.
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Cruz comes off as being dishonest to me. I think he flip flops on lots of issues. What his campaign did in Iowa to Carson was dishonest.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Cruz comes off as being dishonest to me. I think he flip flops on lots of issues. What his campaign did in Iowa to Carson was dishonest.

That thing with Carson has gotten blown out of proportion. He's the one that said he wasn't going to NH, he needed to go home and change clothes. Cruz is a front runner now. Folks are like a bucket of crabs they like to pull the leader back down and the establishment types, the ones that really don't want their favorite segment of government, the status que endangered, are out to kill Cruz's campaign. Think about something...Cruz told Iowans he did not support corn subsidies and he won anyway.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    That thing with Carson has gotten blown out of proportion. He's the one that said he wasn't going to NH, he needed to go home and change clothes. Cruz is a front runner now. Folks are like a bucket of crabs they like to pull the leader back down and the establishment types, the ones that really don't want their favorite segment of government, the status que endangered, are out to kill Cruz's campaign. Think about something...Cruz told Iowans he did not support corn subsidies and he won anyway.

I don't know how going home to change clothes equates to he's dropping out of the race and you should now vote for Cruz. Going home to change clothes sounds just like that to me, any message sent out otherwise was pure dishonesty.

I don't view Cruz as the frontrunner, I agree he has won Iowa and currently has the most delegates. I don't agree that he is the parties top choice when all states are figured in based off projected polls.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

How is Cruz the front runner? He has 1 additional delegate when every single poll in the nation shows Trump soundly ahead of him.

He's in the running, and he edged out a victory in 1 state, a state that rarely picks winners. He edged out that victory by going all out on the religious front to appeal to people of that state, when other's weren't going to sacrifice their values to present a different image from who they really are.

Telling caucus goers that the most evangelical person in the race has dropped out, and pretending that he's their preacher, likely is the reason for his victory.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How is Cruz the front runner? He has 1 additional delegate when every single poll in the nation shows Trump soundly ahead of him.

He's in the running, and he edged out a victory in 1 state, a state that rarely picks winners. He edged out that victory by going all out on the religious front to appeal to people of that state, when other's weren't going to sacrifice their values to present a different image from who they really are.

I said A front runner.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Lotta hatred for Cruz here it seems...

I don't hate Cruz...

I just don't trust him. If someone can open my eyes on the matter and prove that he isn't going to change his tune the second he steps foot in the oval office, I'm all ears and eager to listen.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know how going home to change clothes equates to he's dropping out of the race and you should now vote for Cruz. Going home to change clothes sounds just like that to me, any message sent out otherwise was pure dishonesty.

I don't view Cruz as the frontrunner, I agree he has won Iowa and currently has the most delegates. I don't agree that he is the parties top choice when all states are figured in based off projected polls.

I guess you'd have to consider the context. Here's a candidate, that at one time, led in Iowa who is now an also ran among the contenders. He's not polling well, compared to the top 3. His prospects are declining instead of rising. He or his campaign states, rather than going immediately to NH after the Iowa caucuses, he's going home for a few days; then CNN is out there stating that it appears as though a campaign suspension appears to be in the works, what would you do if you were a caucus campaigner, wouldn't you try to persuade Carson voters from wasting a vote for a guy that is giving indications of quitting? They may have jumped the gun and maybe a little rash but it's not a dirty trick.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I have but I may reconsider. Not sure who I would reconsider towards though. It's now a suckier field.

Those two guys are the most constitutionally minded of the bunch. They came at it at slightly different angles with differing points of emphasis but even if you prefer one's angle over the other, either one is better than Rubio's, Carson's, or Trump's -- I'm not sure Trump has read the Constitution or the Bible.

I just wish Cruz would decide to be less of a dickhead and at least act like he's not an opportunist. It makes me at least wonder about his sincerity when he talks about the Constitution. But until I figure something else out, he's the least overall evil.

(disclaimer: I'm not saying Carson is evil, but the "evil" about Carson is his inability to understand foreign policy at a sufficiently detailed level.)

That's a problem.

Telling caucus goers that the most evangelical person in the race has dropped out, and pretending that he's their preacher, likely is the reason for his victory.

I think it helped with the spread between him and Trump. Carson under-performed the polls but not by all that much. And even if it affected the outcome by the margin between Cruz and Trump, who knows how that would have spread out. Probably a plurality of that few percent would have gone to Cruz. Certainly not all. It's a guess at this point anyway.

Regardless, I think what Cruz's campaign did was pretty crappy. And that should have consequences.

Top Bottom