Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't hate Cruz...

I just don't trust him. If someone can open my eyes on the matter and prove that he isn't going to change his tune the second he steps foot in the oval office, I'm all ears and eager to listen.

On what issues do you believe him to be a flip flopper? I'll be honest, now that Rand is out of it, he's my out and out #1 choice right now and I'd be pressed to come up with an honest-to-goodness flip flop on his record.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have but I may reconsider. Not sure who I would reconsider towards though. It's now a suckier field.

I just wish Cruz would decide to be less of a dickhead and at least act like he's not an opportunist. It makes me at least wonder about his sincerity when he talks about the Constitution. But until I figure something else out, he's the least overall evil.

I liked Rand from the beginning even donated to his campaign early on. I could have gotten behind Walker or even Perry.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    On what issues do you believe him to be a flip flopper? I'll be honest, now that Rand is out of it, he's my out and out #1 choice right now and I'd be pressed to come up with an honest-to-goodness flip flop on his record.

It's not in so much as believing he's currently a flip flopper...

It's more a matter of being concerned he has strings attached and hasn't done much of anything to convince me that he doesn't.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Doug Ross @ Journal: Your handy, dandy Trump vs. Cruz comparison chart! [UPDATED]

Policy%20or%20Issue_zpsjcarhwwp.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I liked Rand from the beginning even donated to his campaign early on. I could have gotten behind Walker or even Perry.

I was a bit afraid of Walker. With the big money that got behind him, that just scared me.

Perry, he's a bit of a nutter, but I liked him. I'd vote for him over a lot of the other candidates. Certainly I'd vote for him over any of the Dems.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not in so much as believing he's currently a flip flopper...

It's more a matter of being concerned he has strings attached and hasn't done much of anything to convince me that he doesn't.

I understand how two people can look at the same exact thing and see two different things. When I look at Cruz's record, I see a pretty well disciplined constitutional guy. He generally does what he says he's going to do and he's not playing the game like most (including Rand's sell out to support McConnell) do and that is costing him support. Many have criticized him for this. But I appreciate his reluctance to go along to get along. Anybody that would tell a bunch of Iowans he's not going to support their corn subsidies rather than pander and equivicate to get their votes; a guy that will call out the majority leader as the liar he is for misrepresenting that TPP Bill (or whatever it was) is indicative of a stand up guy to me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Trump is looking for positive reinforcement from the American public.

It's a character flaw, but my money is on the fact that it's a character flaw that will work in our favor.

Previously he was looking for it in business relationships, which is where all of that list easily makes sense for me. Now he's looking for it from you.

(I subtracted your image to avoid making a massive page long post)

I understand how two people can look at the same exact thing and see two different things. When I look at Cruz's record, I see a pretty well disciplined constitutional guy. He generally does what he says he's going to do and he's not playing the game like most (including Rand's sell out to support McConnell) do and that is costing him support. Many have criticized him for this. But I appreciate his reluctance to go along to get along. Anybody that would tell a bunch of Iowans he's not going to support their corn subsidies rather than pander and equivicate to get their votes; a guy that will call out the majority leader as the liar he is for misrepresenting that TPP Bill (or whatever it was) is indicative of a stand up guy to me.

I would also inform you that he will get my vote over any democrat candidate, even with my current reservations. I just won't be caucusing for him.

Idealy I'd like to see a Trump/Cruz ticket, as I believe they will keep each other honest.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Trump is looking for positive reinforcement from the American public.

It's a character flaw, but my money is on the fact that it's a character flaw that will work in our favor.

Previously he was looking for it in business relationships, which is where all of that list easily makes sense for me. Now he's looking for it from you.

(I subtracted your image to avoid making a massive page long post)

I would also inform you that he will get my vote over any democrat candidate, even with my current reservations. I just won't be caucusing for him.

Idealy I'd like to see a Trump/Cruz ticket, as I believe they will keep each other honest.

Again, I understand how two people can view something and come away different opinions. In that light, whatever your doubts are of Cruz, I bet mine are at least, if not greater, than yours regarding Trump. If the election were held today and the choices were between Hillary/Bernie vs. Trump, I honestly don't know if I would even vote. In this situation, I might actually find a scenario where Gary Johnson would be a better alternative---and that's saying something.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rand Paul just dropped?

confirmed

Technically, he is still in the race. All he has done is to suspend campaigning. He is still on the ballot in all 50 states and can be voted for. If he were to do well in other states he could hop right back on the campaign trail and go for the brass ring. McCain suspended his campaign in his primary run and hopped back in once he was seen to be contending. He went on to win the nomination.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Again, I understand how two people can view something and come away different opinions. In that light, whatever your doubts are of Cruz, I bet mine are at least, if not greater, than yours regarding Trump. If the election were held today and the choices were between Hillary/Bernie vs. Trump, I honestly don't know if I would even vote. In this situation, I might actually find a scenario where Gary Johnson would be a better alternative---and that's saying something.

I voted for Gary Johnson in the last election. I could not stomach Romney, AT THAT TIME obama had done very little to warrant me violating principle to vote for Romney. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have voted for Romney.

I think in the up coming election, anyone who fails to vote republican is going to know how I feel currently.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I think in the up coming election, anyone who fails to vote republican is going to know how I feel currently.
    Complaining to those of us not voting Republican does you absolutely no good. Take it up with your candidates who are running away from the center.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Complaining to those of us not voting Republican does you absolutely no good. Take it up with your candidates who are running away from the center.
    I didn't run away from the center. The center ran away from me. I wonder how true that is with some candidates. Surely you don't believe the center hasn't shifted to the left in the last 8 years.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Santorum dropped out and endorsed Rubio, it's not much... but might help with some of the evangelicals.

Also, Some Trump supporters leave Little Rock rally as Trump is already more than an hour and a half late

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Overton Window.
    Pretty much. The policies of Reagan that were popular in the 80s are considered radically right wing now. I think Obama has helped break many of the natural barriers that tend to limit social progress to what generally happens on its own.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Cruz comes off as being dishonest to me. I think he flip flops on lots of issues. What his campaign did in Iowa to Carson was dishonest.
    I like Carson for a bunch of reasons.

But what Cruz did in Iowa was pro. It is what big boy politicians do. Heck, by that measure, it was downright tame.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Carson did better than expected. Cruz was surprising. At least we know the polls dont reflect reality very well. And anyone sitting out and not voting against the Democrat candidate has nothing to say. We will have 2 choices. Not voting cuz the republican isnt as conservative as you like will only help the democrats, who you really really dont like. VOTE. Vote and try to change the party within. its already changing.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

So you want your guns taken away, just not all of them? That's what the center equates to on practically every issue.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Carson did better than expected. Cruz was surprising. At least we know the polls dont reflect reality very well. And anyone sitting out and not voting against the Democrat candidate has nothing to say. We will have 2 choices. Not voting cuz the republican isnt as conservative as you like will only help the democrats, who you really really dont like. VOTE. Vote and try to change the party within. its already changing.

not-this-again.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom