• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I thought Cruz is running on the platform that he's not your typical politician, his move proves that he is just as bad as the rest of the establishment.

He is also running on that he is a big Christian, In my opinion what he did was not representative of a good Christian. It was dishonest.

I suppose if he had sent out a false statement that Carson had been in a car wreck and died and you might as well now vote for Cruz than that's fine to.

Call it whatever you want, but if he's willing to cheat and lie here where does he draw the line when its much more important?

I'd encourage you, if you haven't already, to read his side of the story and not only the side of the sore losers. He did apologize for his staffers trusting CNN's news broadcast as a basis for taking action.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Call it whatever you want, but if he's willing to cheat and lie here where does he draw the line when its much more important?

Don't kid yourself. "Willing to cheat and lie" is question #1. on the entrance exam. They've all passed that one, or they wouldn't have gotten this far.

Are you new here?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I'd encourage you, if you haven't already, to read his side of the story and not only the side of the sore losers. He did apologize for his staffers trusting CNN's news broadcast as a basis for taking action.

Is that the Christian side then? Its ok to do wrong as long as I later apologize for it. So far every candidate that has dropped out of the race has held a press conference and announced they were doing so. How about waiting to get the information from the horses mouth before sending out false information.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is that the Christian side then? Its ok to do wrong as long as I later apologize for it. So far every candidate that has dropped out of the race has held a press conference and announced they were doing so. How about waiting to get the information from the horses mouth before sending out false information.

I get that people have their guy and everybody else's guy it a lying, thieving, sack of crap. I'm sure Cruz supporters are upset about Rubio's out right lies about his (both his own and Cruz's) immigration stance or Carson's questioning Cruz's Christianity in public. It's getting ugly folks. Campaigns are nearing failure (some already have, they just haven't admitted it yet). The rubber is hitting the road and everyone is highlighting every perceived slight committed by the other.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

CNN said, "Senator Cruz's claims about CNN are false. At no point did the network indicate Dr. Carson would suspend his campaign."

CNN reported that Carson would take a break after Iowa (fresh clothes, rest, etc.) and then resume campaigning. That's not dropping out of the race by any stretch. Cruz got caught and he's trying to mend it, but more lies ain't gonna cut it. The Cruz fans may buy this crap or excuse it. But Cruz needs to expand his support as other candidates bow out. So where do you think Carson's supporters will go when Carson finally quits? Probably not to Cruz after all this.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Meh, being held responsible for every volunteer in a machine with as many moving parts as a campaign...for every tweet any one of them might send is setting the bar a bit high for mere mortals.

Besides which, there is the possibility that this was started by the Rubio campaign. GOPe FAUX CONTROVERSY #705: CNN and Rubio Campaign spread rumors that Carson was dropping out | Opinion - Conservative

Hey, it's politics and fighting to win...now Carson is talking about suing Cruz on the Trumpsters suggestion. I wonder how much the Donald paid for that?:stickpoke:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I get that people have their guy and everybody else's guy it a lying, thieving, sack of crap. I'm sure Cruz supporters are upset about Rubio's out right lies about his (both his own and Cruz's) immigration stance or Carson's questioning Cruz's Christianity in public. It's getting ugly folks. Campaigns are nearing failure (some already have, they just haven't admitted it yet). The rubber is hitting the road and everyone is highlighting every perceived slight committed by the other.

At this point I still don't have a guy. I'm still undecided, unfortunately by the time Indiana comes around to primary voting we won't have much say. I do know Cruz won't have my support, but I doubt that's really going to matter as I don't think he will be the nominee.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    How is Cruz the front runner? He has 1 additional delegate when every single poll in the nation shows Trump soundly ahead of him.

He's in the running, and he edged out a victory in 1 state, a state that rarely picks winners. He edged out that victory by going all out on the religious front to appeal to people of that state, when other's weren't going to sacrifice their values to present a different image from who they really are.

Telling caucus goers that the most evangelical person in the race has dropped out, and pretending that he's their preacher, likely is the reason for his victory.

I want to add to this that no Republican who won the Iowa caucus has gotten the nomination in the 21st century so far (excluding W in 04, but he was a sitting president and was unopposed). Iowa just isn't a good representation of the country as a whole.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    CNN said, "Senator Cruz's claims about CNN are false. At no point did the network indicate Dr. Carson would suspend his campaign."

CNN reported that Carson would take a break after Iowa (fresh clothes, rest, etc.) and then resume campaigning. That's not dropping out of the race by any stretch. Cruz got caught and he's trying to mend it, but more lies ain't gonna cut it. The Cruz fans may buy this crap or excuse it. But Cruz needs to expand his support as other candidates bow out. So where do you think Carson's supporters will go when Carson finally quits? Probably not to Cruz after all this.

I certainly didnt' hear CNN's report live and like you, I'm only reading what others have said they heard and I'm not too sympathetic to believe what CNN has to say to correct their record. While everyone else is heading to NH the next day to get busy campaigning and one of the guys whose political prospects have been sliding down the tubes of recent weeks states he's going home for 2/7 of the available campaigning time to "go get some clothes" -- yeah, if I were on CNN or Fox or whatever, I would have no problem in the logic that it looks like Carson may be having a change in heart. I don't think it's such a stretch. Having said that, if Cruz has some slimy campaigners in his midst, he needs to check into that and correct what needs to be corrected.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Meh, being held responsible for every volunteer in a machine with as many moving parts as a campaign...for every tweet any one of them might send is setting the bar a bit high for mere mortals.

Besides which, there is the possibility that this was started by the Rubio campaign. GOPe FAUX CONTROVERSY #705: CNN and Rubio Campaign spread rumors that Carson was dropping out | Opinion - Conservative

Hey, it's politics and fighting to win...now Carson is talking about suing Cruz on the Trumpsters suggestion. I wonder how much the Donald paid for that?:stickpoke:

This is getting ugly. For people that want to cut their opponents or find reasons reinforce the dislike of people they're inclined to dislike anyway, this outrage is just what the doctor ordered. Yeah, pun intended.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I want to add to this that no Republican who won the Iowa caucus has gotten the nomination in the 21st century so far (excluding W in 04, but he was a sitting president and was unopposed). Iowa just isn't a good representation of the country as a whole.

We have had less than 50 presidents under the current constitution; and many of those under wildly different times. There is not a significant enough sample size to do anything but speculate to burn up air time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I certainly didnt' hear CNN's report live and like you, I'm only reading what others have said they heard and I'm not too sympathetic to believe what CNN has to say to correct their record. While everyone else is heading to NH the next day to get busy campaigning and one of the guys whose political prospects have been sliding down the tubes of recent weeks states he's going home for 2/7 of the available campaigning time to "go get some clothes" -- yeah, if I were on CNN or Fox or whatever, I would have no problem in the logic that it looks like Carson may be having a change in heart. I don't think it's such a stretch. Having said that, if Cruz has some slimy campaigners in his midst, he needs to check into that and correct what needs to be corrected.

Honestly, I think it was kinda crappy that it happened, but in the grand scheme of the election, I don't think it cost Carson much. He under-performed the polls in Iowa. But not by a lot. There's no way to know how many Carson voters went with someone else, but I doubt it was all that many. Carson sure thinks it did him in, but really Carson has been his own worst enemy. His answers to questions just don't have the right kind of detail to make people believe his mad surgeon skilz translate to running the nation.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This is getting ugly. For people that want to cut their opponents or find reasons reinforce the dislike of people they're inclined to dislike anyway, this outrage is just what the doctor ordered. Yeah, pun intended.

Yeah, none of this has changed my reading of their professed platforms or their past actions and statements. It will be interesting to watch though. The serious poo slinging has begun. I think the intended targets speak volumes about where the candidates themselves think they stand.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought Cruz is running on the platform that he's not your typical politician, his move proves that he is just as bad as the rest of the establishment.

He is also running on that he is a big Christian, In my opinion what he did was not representative of a good Christian. It was dishonest.

I suppose if he had sent out a false statement that Carson had been in a car wreck and died and you might as well now vote for Cruz than that's fine to.

Did you read the letter? It doesn't say what the MSM said that it said. It sure hinted at it, but it did not say it. Is that mincing words? Probably.

Again, I like everything Dr. Carson stands for - for many reasons. But, he isn't cut out to be a politician. He's Trump with a conscience (and super-human hand/eye coordination).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did you read the letter? It doesn't say what the MSM said that it said. It sure hinted at it, but it did not say it. Is that mincing words? Probably.

Again, I like everything Dr. Carson stands for - for many reasons. But, he isn't cut out to be a politician. He's Trump with a conscience (and super-human hand/eye coordination).

Can you imagine what he would be like on the range?

Top Bottom