• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    This sounds like a dangerous scenario. Don't go outside! Send your wife out to check it out and have her report back while you stay safely inside.

Terry :rolleyes:

How is shse supposed to go outside and assess the situation if she is cooking? I dont want the food ruined...Purple?...

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    WOW!

It looks like I've finally got some real competition for the "Longest Posts on INGO" award.

Nice job! :yesway:

:D

Thank you! But I fear you've just landed in last place when it come to long posts, that was a short one, you should see me when I really get on my soap box. I've been typing since I was a kid, and the last time Bill clocked me, I was zipping along at 105 words per minute. Not saying I'm "long winded", just saying that I'm "endlessly winded". LOL Catch me on a roll and I can go on...and on....and on....ad nasium!

However, granted, my spelling sucks. It's just one of the little mis-steps that life throws at you from time to time. I was ill back in early 09, and that's one of the qualities that has not seen fit to return to me. Everything else has pretty much returned to 100%. Altho, while I didn't have to give up driving, it just seemed safer for the people on the sidewalks if I did. Now I have "drivers", whom I back-seat drive from time to time, just cuz I can. I still have my drivers license, and ins., (I'm still covered on Bills ins.) but as with carrying a gun, it was MY choice to stop driving (and start carrying). Seemed like the smart thing to do at the time.

My "introduction" has been my longest post so far, and poor Bill cringed when I showed it to him. He's also my "spell checker", so his being at work tonite, leaves me to do my own word creations. But we'll have to have friendly competitions, just to see which one of us is the longest winded! ROFL, on 2nd thought, we'd better not, we may get booted for babbling.

My 1st (then ex) husband remarked to some medic friends of mine after I'd had an accident and they had a hard time finding my blood pressure, told me (to reassure me) that they knew I wasn't dead, I was still talking to them. He remarked "she'll be dead 3 days before that quits". He wasn't their favorite person after that remark. But as of 94, my ex became the best ex in the entire world, he died!

I kid you not. Never mess with drug dealers, then walk off with all the money, AND all their drugs, they take a dim view of that. He was found 3 days later, at the bottom of a 350 ft cliff, in Big Sur, CA. Seems he'd over-estimated his powers of persuasion! ROFL That's another long story I won't go in to here, it'd take up an entire thread just to explain it, and how incompetent our so call "government agencies" really are! Not all, but the ATF was at the top of my IDIOTS list for quite some time after that.

But my posting (or babbling as Bill calls it, in jest) does come in handy, hence my nick of 7th Stepper. I can't physically shoot a rifle, hell I can't lift it off the ground, but being a 7th Stepper, is the title of one who gets the word out, and gets people interested in Appleseed, who didn't even know they wanted to learn how to shoot. I got the entire floor of the hospital I was in, in June interested, so we may have a shoot, just for them. The best forms of advertisement are, teletype, telestar (ok, so I'm old, LOL) and Tell a Bobbie. Works every time! Take care, and I look forward to long conversations with you, on any subject you choose, if I don't know about it, I'd love to learn, and if I can help, I'm always just a PM away. Have fun, and take care!
    Bobbie (aka 7th Stepper) :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So the driveway idiots pulled in with their lights on, then turned them off? They're stupid enough to hurt you for no reason.

This begs the next question, should we also have some sort of recording device? Something small with OTR and then stick in your pocket. It would be nice to give a running narrative, record threats, and let the prosecutor hear you give ample warning before shooting. You can always toss it before police arrive if you need to.

Sounds like the officer would rather you just get looted. Sad.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    But I fear you've just landed in last place when it come to long posts

I don't know about that. I think I've still got you beat, for now...

I've had MANY pretty long posts. Just ask Bill. I started out on this forum in LONG discussions with him. And I haven't quit yet.

All I know is that it sounds like a challenge. All I can say is "it's on!". :D

You seem to be a worthy opponent. ;)

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I knew the address's area just because I know B-Burg. Didn't take me long at all to remember what was there. Not a place I want to be outside of at night prowling around. Never been inside that one, either. Just the old one.

Let those previous posts serve as warning to the would-be criminals. Try it at your own risk.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    If you hear a noise outside instinct is to check it out. I do the same thing. Most of the time its either a dog or the source cannot be found. Stay inside and hide is a bad suggestion in my opinion simply because you do not know what it is. If a dog or some other animal is in my trash can I want it out. If somebody is lurking around my house I would have to assume they intend to do harm in some manner. I have children and a wife that it is my job to defend. I would certainly check it out with gun and flashlight in hand and deal with whatever threat I may encounter in a appropriate manner.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

I've had MANY pretty long posts. Just ask Bill. I started out on this forum in LONG discussions with him. And I haven't quit yet.

Awww, Flattery will get you every where! LOL

Actually I did talk to Bill about yours and his discussions, and he said that you were/are a very intelligent, well spoken, non controversial, and interesting person to converse with!

So....with such high praise from him, I accept your challenge, as long as we don't take over the board and leave no room for anyone else to post!

It'll be one of those "put your pj's on, grab a cup (or pot) of coffee, kick back and let your fingers do the talking! Let the games begin, but we have to remember to stay on topic, or we'll bore the heck outta everyone else! LOL
    7th Stepper (warming up her vocal finger cords....LOL):laugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Actually I did talk to Bill about yours and his discussions, and he said that you were/are a very intelligent, well spoken, non controversial, and interesting person to converse with!

So....with such high praise from him, I accept your challenge, as long as we don't take over the board and leave no room for anyone else to post!

It'll be one of those "put your pj's on, grab a cup (or pot) of coffee, kick back and let your fingers do the talking! Let the games begin, but we have to remember to stay on topic, or we'll bore the heck outta everyone else! LOL

:facepalm:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Bill has actually commented on a couple of my posts before, so I think I have you guys beat. He even let me rep him a few times. :rockwoot:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Not sure how I would deal with the situation. It could be a bum, a pervert, a junkie, a drunk whose lost (that happened to me. He tried to get in the locked front door. I just waited with my .45 on the other side and told him "wrong house-go away" several times until he did) OR it could be a brain-eating zombie in which case you might to try throwing him your mother-in-law, or it could be a vampire. Better also have a wooden stake and a cross if you go out just in case!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Oh-oh guys (specifically Finity, Jeremy & Expat.....I think we've scared the poor guy! But keep in mind one very important thing.....ROFL....HE'S seen me post before, and email as well, and KNOWS how long I can go on....and on.....and on....and on....! (can we say

Philabuster!, even tho I can't spell it) He's seen me become a Mod on other boards I've been on, and for a while there, on a site that no longer exists, I was one of 3 Mods, who were considered "the 3 most powerful women on the Internet". Ah, but alas, that was many many years ago, altho we 3 did have men bowing before us, of their on accord. <evil grin> Just think, Pami, Spasmo, JetGirl, and a few more of us, taking control of the COUNTRY, and ruling it OUR way! You guys wouldn't stand a chance!

So as they said in the movie "White Chicks"...."bring it on sisters"! (or in this case brothers! LOL)! We're more than ready to "kick it old school"! Bbbrruuuhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!! And come on girls, I'm relying on you to "have my back", together we can Rule the World!

I had a post written to upload the other night, but then the storms hit and rather than lose it, I saved it to my hard drive, but couldn't figure out how to upload it again once the storms were over. Bill read it and cringed, then deleated it, said I was going power mad with ideas on how we women would rule the world, and as such, this fine country of ours. I even had my Cabinet picked out. Our Daughter would be my VP (she's a "minime", and her personality has been shaped by mine, Pami would be Speaker of the House, Spasmo would be Secetary of State, JetGirl would be Foreign Relations, AuntiBellum could be Minister of Defense, and so on.

And women, unlike men, band together during a crisis, as well as PO one of us, you've just PO'd all of us! (With the exception of some of our currently elected Feminists) Especially in the middle of the night with what some stupid wannabe dictator is threatening to do to us! It'd be debatable who'd hit that little red button first, then climb back into bed, snuggle up with our honeys, and go back to sleep!

We wouldn't be terrorists, but I do believe, and have long practiced (especially with our daughter :n00b:) that "the careful application of terror is also a form of communication". Don't worry about being Politically Correct, just don't P us O! And as for crime....how many criminals do you would elect to rob/steal, break into, accost, etc., people and places who were allowed to be fully armed in case such an event took place? Would YOU break into a house, knowing full well that the people who lived there had various forms of self defense items, and were able and ready to use it should you try?

Our agenda would be "NO new taxes, PERIOD", STOP loaning $$ to every Tom, Dick & Harry who claims to need it, collect on the debts that other countries owe US, BUTT OUT when it comes to foreign wars (sheesh, what are we, the Ref's of the entire world???) and bring our troops home. No one helped us rebuild this country after the Civil War, we did it ourselves! Arm our own country so that we could/can take care of ourselves in the event of a disaster (ie: Katrina, Tsunami's' Volcanic eruptions, etc., or attacks like what happened on 9-11) UPHOLD the 2nd Amendment, AND all the others Amendments as well, as our Founding Fathers have written them.

Rule the Government, as in "BY the PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE" and make them follow thru with all their empty promises, remain on track with upgrading our economy, without causing us to go broke, leave Medicare alone, it's what most Baby Boomers live on, and badly at that! Nothing like "Obama Care", let's try lowering the cost of medical care and the premiums we pay to be and stay healthy, pay everyone a "living" (as opposed to a "just scraping by) wage, equal to what they do, take care of our Vets, THEY'RE the ones who've kept us free for so long! Use our troops to fortify OUR nation, rebuild after a disaster, and only be deployed, IN THIS COUNTRY when absolutely necessary, like say an earthquake, fire, tornado, etc., somewhere in THIS country, where there is suffering and death of OUR OWN PEOPLE! Teach our children right from wrong, by their parents, not by the school districts, so they can grow up to their full potential, and that their family would consist of a mom & dad, (u know what I mean) not a street gang that they're initiated into by killing someone innocent.

Take care of our own elderly people, don't just throw them under the bus by sticking them in a "gomer home" (Medic slang or Nursing Home) and then forgetting they even exist! We CAN be bothered taking care of our parents and grandparents, after all, THEY took care of US for so many years, doing without themselves, so that WE could have the best possible everything that they could provide. It's shameful what happens to them when they reach the age that they're no longer considered "useful".

Uphold our own values, and stick to them, and as I stated above, TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN PEOPLE FIRST! If we have left overs, ok, but way to many people are homeless and starving in this country because of the economic mess the government has gotten us into! It's time to take OUR power back, and rule ourselves, as our Fore Fathers intended we should. Not as some power mad/hungry dictator decrees what is "good for our nation". If it's truly OUR nation, then we need to step up to the plate and replace (as in vote out) the idiots, and instead of "voting for the lesser of the 2 evils" vote for the man or woman best equipt to do the job, and do it right!

End of soapbox. Just one concerned citizens opinion.
    7th Stepper

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

AAAWWWW!

Thanks Bill! I never knew you felt that way.

;)

:boxing:

:runaway:

:rofl:

Bill has actually commented on a couple of my posts before, so I think I have you guys beat. He even let me rep him a few times. :rockwoot:

It's not how you use the post, it's the size that matters.

(:dunno: It's probably a "guy" thing)

Oh-oh guys (specifically Finity, Jeremy & Expat.....I think we've scared the poor guy! But keep in mind one very important thing.....ROFL....HE'S seen me post before, and email as well, and KNOWS how long I can go on....and on.....and on....and on....! (can we say

Philabuster!, even tho I can't spell it) He's seen me become a Mod on other boards I've been on, and for a while there, on a site that no longer exists, I was one of 3 Mods, who were considered "the 3 most powerful women on the Internet". Ah, but alas, that was many many years ago, altho we 3 did have men bowing before us, of their on accord. <evil grin> Just think, Pami, Spasmo, JetGirl, and a few more of us, taking control of the COUNTRY, and ruling it OUR way! You guys wouldn't stand a chance!

So as they said in the movie "White Chicks"...."bring it on sisters"! (or in this case brothers! LOL)! We're more than ready to "kick it old school"! Bbbrruuuhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!! And come on girls, I'm relying on you to "have my back", together we can Rule the World!

I had a post written to upload the other night, but then the storms hit and rather than lose it, I saved it to my hard drive, but couldn't figure out how to upload it again once the storms were over. Bill read it and cringed, then deleated it, said I was going power mad with ideas on how we women would rule the world, and as such, this fine country of ours. I even had my Cabinet picked out. Our Daughter would be my VP (she's a "minime", and her personality has been shaped by mine, Pami would be Speaker of the House, Spasmo would be Secetary of State, JetGirl would be Foreign Relations, AuntiBellum could be Minister of Defense, and so on.

And women, unlike men, band together during a crisis, as well as PO one of us, you've just PO'd all of us! (With the exception of some of our currently elected Feminists) Especially in the middle of the night with what some stupid wannabe dictator is threatening to do to us! It'd be debatable who'd hit that little red button first, then climb back into bed, snuggle up with our honeys, and go back to sleep!

We wouldn't be terrorists, but I do believe, and have long practiced (especially with our daughter :n00b:) that "the careful application of terror is also a form of communication". Don't worry about being Politically Correct, just don't P us O! And as for crime....how many criminals do you would elect to rob/steal, break into, accost, etc., people and places who were allowed to be fully armed in case such an event took place? Would YOU break into a house, knowing full well that the people who lived there had various forms of self defense items, and were able and ready to use it should you try?

Our agenda would be "NO new taxes, PERIOD", STOP loaning $$ to every Tom, Dick & Harry who claims to need it, collect on the debts that other countries owe US, BUTT OUT when it comes to foreign wars (sheesh, what are we, the Ref's of the entire world???) and bring our troops home. No one helped us rebuild this country after the Civil War, we did it ourselves! Arm our own country so that we could/can take care of ourselves in the event of a disaster (ie: Katrina, Tsunami's' Volcanic eruptions, etc., or attacks like what happened on 9-11) UPHOLD the 2nd Amendment, AND all the others Amendments as well, as our Founding Fathers have written them.

Rule the Government, as in "BY the PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE" and make them follow thru with all their empty promises, remain on track with upgrading our economy, without causing us to go broke, leave Medicare alone, it's what most Baby Boomers live on, and badly at that! Nothing like "Obama Care", let's try lowering the cost of medical care and the premiums we pay to be and stay healthy, pay everyone a "living" (as opposed to a "just scraping by) wage, equal to what they do, take care of our Vets, THEY'RE the ones who've kept us free for so long! Use our troops to fortify OUR nation, rebuild after a disaster, and only be deployed, IN THIS COUNTRY when absolutely necessary, like say an earthquake, fire, tornado, etc., somewhere in THIS country, where there is suffering and death of OUR OWN PEOPLE! Teach our children right from wrong, by their parents, not by the school districts, so they can grow up to their full potential, and that their family would consist of a mom & dad, (u know what I mean) not a street gang that they're initiated into by killing someone innocent.

Take care of our own elderly people, don't just throw them under the bus by sticking them in a "gomer home" (Medic slang or Nursing Home) and then forgetting they even exist! We CAN be bothered taking care of our parents and grandparents, after all, THEY took care of US for so many years, doing without themselves, so that WE could have the best possible everything that they could provide. It's shameful what happens to them when they reach the age that they're no longer considered "useful".

Uphold our own values, and stick to them, and as I stated above, TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN PEOPLE FIRST! If we have left overs, ok, but way to many people are homeless and starving in this country because of the economic mess the government has gotten us into! It's time to take OUR power back, and rule ourselves, as our Fore Fathers intended we should. Not as some power mad/hungry dictator decrees what is "good for our nation". If it's truly OUR nation, then we need to step up to the plate and replace (as in vote out) the idiots, and instead of "voting for the lesser of the 2 evils" vote for the man or woman best equipt to do the job, and do it right!

End of soapbox. Just one concerned citizens opinion.
    7th Stepper

Hey!

I call "FOUL".

That one doesn't count. You said we had to stay on topic!

Besides, my post is still longer than yours. Since I quoted your posts along with two others in mine it has to be bigger. :D

But since it isn't on topic then I guess it still doesn't count. Drats!

;)

Oh, BTW, we get extra points for witty or LIBERAL (se what I did there? :joke:)use of emoticons.

:popcorn:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Just because someone is unarmed does not mean they are helpless or incapable of dealing with a physical threat. Not all people are targets/victims. And just because the crime REPORTS outnumber the "good deed of the day" REPORTS does not mean that crimes outnumber good deeds. The media lies to you - it skews the truth at the very least. Those crime reports are not an accurate description of the real world. They are a small fraction of the events that take place in this world.

Rule #1, NEVER bring a knife to a gun fight.

Yes, there are many ways of dealing with dangerous situations, personally I choose the easiest way for me, since I can no longer run, physically fight a person, or scream loud enough for the neighbors to hear, they're usually asleep at that time of night. I could sic my dogs on them, but depending on what they're using as a weapon, THEY could be taken out of the picture as easily as I could. They would use their teeth, it's the only weapons that God saw fit to give them, unless you count both brute strength and jaw power/pressure of about 1000 lbs. But they would only attack out of extreme need, they've been trained since they were very small puppies to be gentle and friendly, accepting of people, as well as their pets, so they doesn't view everyone as a threat either. On the times that they do tho, I bow to thier better instincts.

The news stories are always slanted, depending on what they're covering, and to think else wise, would be foolish. No one reports the same truth in any particular way, just look how confused the stories were that came out of the Sugarland Concert the other night, from EYE witnesses. Almost every one of them had a different view on what had happened, even those who were trapped under the staging that came down. The only universal story was that 1) fans in the stands ran toward the danger, to help those in need, showing unbelievable courage and selflessness. And that the EMS teams that were there, both on and off duty, and the responding ones, did a phenomenal job of seeing to it that the injured were treated and brought to the hospitals as fast as was humanly possible. KUDOS to them! That one was reported accurately, even by members on here, who were there at the time.

My dad had an old saying that I've pretty much stuck to most of my life. "Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see", that way you can assess things for yourself, without interference from well meaning, but uninformed strangers. That holds true, even to this very day.

As for "bad" vs "good" reports, I think it's merely a perception of what's going on, created by the viewer. You can look thru "rose colored glasses", or real ones, which ever you choose, and believe what you want to, it won't change my opinion of what goes on in the world, and as I've said many times before in these conversations, I'm a realist, and I deal in the facts at hand, not the hope of "what if's" that some view it as. As I've also already stated, I've been a victim, now I'm a survivor, and if it takes being armed to achieve that, then so be it. If you don't believe in carrying a weapon, then don't carry one, but it's MY choice whether I do or not. And neither you, nor anyone else will infringe upon that right. It's not your place, and none of your business. As I ALSO previously stated, you go merrily on your way, viewing thing from your point of view, regardless of how correct or incorrect it is, I'll just include you in my prayers, as an extra added protection to help keep you safe. That's MY choice as well. I wish you health, not harm, but to go around unprepared (or however you choose to be prepared) is in my opinion is a very foolish, and possibly fatal mistake. That I choose NOT to make! Why do I carry? Because I can. More than that is not your concern, or your business.
    7th Stepper

Last edited:

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    OK guys, I am not going to read this thread anymore if i is just a compitition to see who can ramble on the most.

Not productive or interesting. :twocents:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    AAAWWWW!

Thanks Bill! I never knew you felt that way.

;)

:boxing:

:runaway:

:rofl:

It's not how you use the post, it's the size that matters.

(:dunno: It's probably a "guy" thing)

Hey!

I call "FOUL".

That one doesn't count. You said we had to stay on topic!

Besides, my post is still longer than yours. Since I quoted your posts along with two others in mine it has to be bigger. :D

But since it isn't on topic then I guess it still doesn't count. Drats!

;)

Oh, BTW, we get extra points for witty or LIBERAL (se what I did there? :joke:)use of emoticons.

:popcorn:

Nope, no foul. I stayed on topic, just took a slight detour, as is my perogative as a woman. I'm free to change, or rechange my mind at will, and without a moments notice. HA! :laugh:

Oh, and I should probably let you in on a secret that Bill already knows. I'm the only child of my parents, as well as the baby of the family at the same time. My dad was married twice,(as well as having been born in 1889) his first wife died, (they had 3 kids), then he married my mom, and then they had me. This wouldn't be abnormal, except that my 1 sister that I was close to (the other bro and sis I never met) was 37 when I was born, hence making me the "baby" of the family, as well as an only. My dad was 66 and my mom was 45 when I was born. So yes, there was 21 years difference between them. Was I Pampered? Spoiled? Coddled? Treated like a Princess.....YOUBETCHA!!!! Neener, neener! :rockwoot:And Bill only adds to the attitude, cuz he treats me like a Queen, both here and when we're out in public. I won't say "my wish is his command", cuz he's also the baby of his family as well, but I still have the status of being an "only". Plus he's very strong willed, intelligent, considerate, thoughtful, and can only be bribed by oodles and oodles of crispy, crunchy, freshly cooked BACON! Which I can cook to perfection. Oh, and he's NEVER wrong, he may upon occasion be mistaken, but he's NEVER wrong! Just ask him, he'll tell you himself! <giggle>

And no, your post isn't longer than mine just because you included mine in with yours. It's your ORIGINAL wording to my post that counts, not just repeating what I or anyone else has already said,(doing so only adds to my count, not yours, cuz then I've said it twice) so that still makes my post longer, because I said it first AND second!

Witty I'll give you, Liberal...doesn't count tho. See how the rules change when you take on a true babbler! <evil grin> The emoticons and happy faces, etc., don't count at all, they're just cute little animated critters, they aren't words, so if anything you'd lose points for using them in excess. So....if you're adding it all up, I'm still ahead of you by at least 10 furlongs! But don't give up, you still stand a smidgen of a chance of catching up to me, passing me no, catching up, possible.
    GRINS! 7th Stepper
    PS: It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it that counts! ROFLMAO! :p

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, I'm stopping this right now, as far as my posting goes in this thread. It has gone off topic, and sailed off into the wild blue yonder, both as a funny thread between 3 people, and an "I can outsmart your viewpoints" type of situation in another. As for the funny direction, that was all in jest and in good fun, and the original post had been run thru almost anyway. As for the I can handle this better than you can...thread, that was just baiting, and it's obvious that I'm not going to change his mind (not that I was trying to) and he's not going to change mine.

At least the "post whoring" wasn't meant as such, just silliness between 3 people, who wandered off in a different direction. We'll never know who would have won that silly battle, but in a way we all did, if it interjected some humor into an otherwise serious topic. No one was rep'ing anyone else, it was just a goofy way of talking to each other, all meant in good fun. I'm sorry that others didn't see it that way. At least on my part, I won't let it happen again. I can't speak for the others, I make a point of not doing that. Maybe we should get a "Just for Fun" thread started, where things like that could go on harmlessly, just to ease up some of the tension that goes on here. At least we weren't bashing anyone, calling anyone else rude names, or calling their rights into question. It was lighthearted, and would have stayed that way.

Finity, Jeremy, Expat, it was fun while it lasted, and I'm sure we could have gone on and on, but it has been deemed "inappropriate", so we must cease and desist, but I for one feel like I've made some new friends, who're a lot of fun to talk to, especially when such seriousness like crime and corruption rules the world. Let's call it a draw, we all won, and won new friends at the same time. But the game is over, let the seriousness begin again, as sad as that may be.
    Regards,
    7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    If you hear a noise outside instinct is to check it out. I do the same thing. Most of the time its either a dog or the source cannot be found. Stay inside and hide is a bad suggestion in my opinion simply because you do not know what it is. If a dog or some other animal is in my trash can I want it out. If somebody is lurking around my house I would have to assume they intend to do harm in some manner. I have children and a wife that it is my job to defend. I would certainly check it out with gun and flashlight in hand and deal with whatever threat I may encounter in a appropriate manner.

Welcome Darral, you have very good instincts and a great sense of priorities. One of the Mods on here, BOR feels the same way you do. His wife and child come first, and if someone is lurking around outside trying to get in and harm them, then he'd deal with it appropriately as well. And the BG (slang for Bad Guy) would cease and desist, one way or the other, depending on how well he was willing to go peacefully with the LEO who would also have been called.
    Regards, and keep up the good work!
    7th Stepper

Top Bottom