• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    POST WHORES:D :rockwoot:
    No, just a few people having a bit of harmless fun, that hurt no one, but annoyed a few. It's a very sad world when it has no place for humor in it. But don't worry, we've stopped. That it was unwelcome was obvious.
    7th Stepper :twocents:

7th Stepper,

ALG357 knows a post whore when he sees one... ;)

He himself has been charged numerous times with the Charge of Post Prostitution.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    7th Stepper,

ALG357 knows a post whore when he sees one... ;)

He himself has been charged numerous times with the Charge of Post Prostitution.

Ahhh, thanks for the "heads up". I could say more, but I think it best if I remain polite, that way neither you nor I can be accused of the misuse of anything we didn't totally intend to say.

Thank you my friend.
    7th Stepper

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    1 - *light in eyes*

2 - "Get the &#)% away from my house or I will kill you."

3 - If the person runs away: no further action required.
    If they freeze, go back to step 2.
    If they come towards me, resort to the last half of step two.

Will probably vary from this script if it ever actually happens. So many different options for what can happen, its impossible to know exactly what you're going to do.

Sad but true. I value human life and would try my hardest not to result in hurting someone. But if I felt I was in danger I would have to make a very "heavy" decision

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    On hearing a noise outside my first inclination is
    releasethehounds.jpg

My pregnant wife on the other hand upon finding some douchbag breaking into our truck at 3 am
    pregnant+gun.jpg

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Nope, no foul. I stayed on topic, just took a slight detour, as is my perogative as a woman. I'm free to change, or rechange my mind at will, and without a moments notice. HA! :laugh:

I should have known...

A typical woman. They change the rules in mid "discussion" just so they can always win. I might as well just give up now. ;)

And no, your post isn't longer than mine just because you included mine in with yours. It's your ORIGINAL wording to my post that counts, not just repeating what I or anyone else has already said,(doing so only adds to my count, not yours, cuz then I've said it twice) so that still makes my post longer, because I said it first AND second!

Yeah, I know.

Besides I don't need your steenkin' words to beat you. I've got plenty of my own. :D

Strangely, though, I'm fairly shy in person. Go figure.

Liberal...doesn't count tho.

Liberal always counts.

The emoticons and happy faces, etc., don't count at all, they're just cute little animated critters, they aren't words

I don't know about that. I think there's a saying that goes "a picture is worth a thousand words". I think they should count for SOMETHING.

PS: It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it that counts! ROFLMAO! :p

Oh, yeah. That's how it goes. I always forget that.

OK guys, I am not going to read this thread anymore if i is just a compitition to see who can ramble on the most.

Not productive or interesting. :twocents:

Party pooper.

Finity, Jeremy, Expat, it was fun while it lasted, and I'm sure we could have gone on and on, but it has been deemed "inappropriate", so we must cease and desist,

Deemed innapropriate by who? Flyguy? Meh, you can't let one person's opinion sway you.

Let's call it a draw, we all won,

Phew! For a second there I thought I was actually going to have to come up with a real post to back up my puffery.

:D

But the game is over, let the seriousness begin again, as sad as that may be.

Certainly!

On with the seriousicity! er...seriousfulness! um..oh, never mind.

:ingo:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    +1 and repped

Let the dog give him verbal commands while you cover him.

Verbal commands are great, all 3 of ours have their own set of commands for what we're asking them to do.

Our little one is the most vicious of the bunch, and he only weighs 27 lbs, but will bite your ankles and knees (and occasionally nuts) if given half a chance.

The two bigger one pose more of a threat, mostly because they're bigger and better trained in this sort of thing. Our biggest one (who's breed I've been asked not to mention) is in the neighborhood of 160 lbs, and when he throws himself at someone, it's like being hit by a Mack Truck, not to mention that his teeth are in accordance to his size. And he's the most aggressive of the bunch. It's HIS turf, and anyone on it, esp uninvited, don't get a friendly response or greeting. Just snarling, by something that would remind you of the MGM lion.

Our 3rd is our GrandDog, who used to be my Therapy Dog, until our daughter took over while I was in CA getting medical treatment. Now he protects her quite well, which is why I haven't asked for him back. He's about 60 lbs now, and not as muscular as he will be after he finally recoups from his illness, but still...even LEO officers who've had to come to our house steer clear of him. (Regardless of how many times we tell them he's friendly and just wants to sniff them.)

He's a full blooded, well trained American Pit. And looks ever inch of one who'd rip off your head without a moments hesitation. He's really the baby of the dogs tho, cuz he's spoiled rotten by Nana & Grampa. <grin> BUT as a guard dog, even outside by himself, I wouldn't want to be on his bad side, not with that much jaw strength. So yes, I'd "sic the hounds" on them first, but I'd be right there to back them up if it were needed. I'd definately be on the cell to 911 while the rucuss was going on, and they could scoop up the mess when they got here, or collect the intruder, if there was anything left of him.

Our dogs are great companions, cuddle up with you and slobber kisses all over your face (or any other body part they can get close enough to) can take food right out of your hand, without you even feeling a tooth, (I've also taught them how to eat off of a fork).

You can wrestle around with them and they'll pin you to the floor with their weight, play tug of war with old, holey sox, play "hide and seek", they'll snuffle your hair and ears, and recline on the couch (or chair, or just about anywhere you're sitting down) as "lap dogs" They have their "lovies" (stuffed animals that're their babies) bones, chew toys, and their own beds, providing they're not sleeping with us. (Our big one can't, he creates to much of a dip in the bed that my back can't take). That's one of the reasons we have a CA King size bed.

Once our daughter settles down and provides us with a "human" grandchild, we have no qualms about leaving our Pit unattended in the room with the baby. He's gentle as a lamb, and protective as a grizzly, were someone he doesn't know come into the room with the baby, then they'd better be ready to beat a hasty retreat. We had one like him when our own daughter was about 3 months old, and we never worried about him either. We could then, and can now, sleep in peace with a baby here, knowing that NO ONE could ever come in and harm him/her. They're also taught not to take food from strangers or eat something thrown over the back fence. They're in training for those now.

So what I guess I'm getting at, is keep the lights off, be prepared to defend yourself and those you love, and let the "hounds" do what they do best, defend and protect those they love, and consider part of their "pack".

I've been training for over 30 years now, and I've yet to meet a dog that if raised with kindness, gentleness, love and devotion, wouldn't return the feelings, as well as give their life to protect someone they love. It's all in the raising and training. Train them to be loving and gentle with those they love, but intolerant of someone who wishes to harm their "people" (aka pack). Our daughter is 23 now,and has helped several of her friends train their furry family members in the same way. It's a win/win situation. Her current bfriend lives with a couple who have a small baby, who delights in pulling Benjis' ears, tail, nose and lips, and he just wags his butt (not just his tail, his whole butt wags) and slobbers her with kisses. But let someone speak harshly to the baby, and they suddenly find themselves face to face with a mouth full of teeth, and a growl that will chill you to the bone. So love your "hounds", and they'll fight to the death to protect you, gun or no gun.

Hope this helps, esp any new parents who're afraid of someone breaking in and either stealing their child, or harming them in any way. They can sleep soundly, knowing they're protected as well.
    Regards,
    7th Stepper

PS: And for those who think I'm crazy, what you hear about Pits now, has been said about most breeds, especially the larger ones, depending on which one is out of favor at the moment. The most untrustworthy dog you could ever own, is a Standard American Poodle, they have the highest bite ratio, even with their owners. It's been Dobies, Sheppards, Chows, Pits (did you know that both the RCA dog, and the dog from "The Little Rascals" were Pits?) It's been said about St. Bernards, Newfoundlands, Akitas, Malamutes (which is the closest you'll get to a No. Am wolf) Rots, and even Chihuahuas? Even a Great Perenese (sp?) And they're very gentle natured. They're just great big white fluffblls. ANY dog can bite, especially if they're trained to, abused, or treated in a manner that causes fear and intimidation in the dog. In most cases, it's NOT the dog, it's the owner! That's a fact that's been proven time after time after time. Beat me and I'd bite you too! And did with my ex. I impaled his hand onto the dining room table with a fork one night, for trying to take food off my daughters plate, after he finished his own. At 3 years old, she only weighed 28 lbs, he didn't "do" fat people. You could see every vertebra in her spine, and count all her ribs, and mine as well. When we left, I myself was down to 98 lbs and living on milk, and I'm 5'7" tall. We looked like the walking dead. But that's off topic, I'm just using it to illustrate that cruelty is wrong, regardless whether it's directed at animals, OR humans. But love begets love, which is they way things should be. At least to our way of thinking.

As a footnote, the only dog I would NEVER own or trust is a Peeressa Carannio those dogs are just downright dangerous, regardless of what or how much training and time you put into them. They will attack with no provocation, and have done so on many occasions. They're outlawed in most states, as the dogs were bred to kill, anyone, or anything. Why? I have no clue, but they don't call them "Man Stoppers" for just any reason, they call them that because that is their main goal in life, and will do so regardless if the person they kill is their owner, and has never shown them anything but love. It's weird, and not something I even pretend to know anything about. Only that I'd never in a million years own, or more importantly, trust one. What in their breeding went so drastically wrong? I have no clue, nor do I intend to find out. There's just no need to in my (our) case, we won't have something living in our house that could and would kill us without provocation or a moments hesitation. That last is just my :twocents:.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    +1 and repped

Let the dog give him verbal commands while you cover him.

I've already answered/posted on using the dogs as deterrents.....don't get me started on horses! I can go on for DAYS on that subject. Did you know you can actually use them as outside "protectors" as well? Yup, as odd as that may sound, it can, and has, been done. Horses and dogs are my passions, and I've worked with both for more years than some of our members have been alive! LOL
    Regards,
    7th Stepper

James

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    I've already answered/posted on using the dogs as deterrents.....don't get me started on horses! I can go on for DAYS on that subject. Did you know you can actually use them as outside "protectors" as well? Yup, as odd as that may sound, it can, and has, been done. Horses and dogs are my passions, and I've worked with both for more years than some of our members have been alive! LOL
    Regards,
    7th Stepper

Horses are serious!! I wasn't trespassing, but I have been run off a friends property by a horse before. I had to do quite a bit a fancy footwork followed by a jump through a high tensile fence to get away from that SOB.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Horses are serious!! I wasn't trespassing, but I have been run off a friends property by a horse before. I had to do quite a bit a fancy footwork followed by a jump through a high tensile fence to get away from that SOB.

Yup, and if they catch up to you, you've got about 900 to 1200 lbs of angry animal after you. Their hooves can be deadly, and if you've ever been bitten, it'll leave a bruise the size you'd get by being hit by a car! All this flailing at you, while charging you and gnashing their teeth at the same time, can be a very scary situation. And being "herd" animals, the Alpha is the most dangerous one, he (it's usually a he) considers he's protecting the mares, foals, AND their turf.

I had one who got it into his head to vie for dominance when I was about 5 months pregnant, and I had to literally vault the corral fence to get away from him. He was moved out to a friends property the next day, and put up for sale immediately. My other one (both were geldings) was a lovable mushpot, who followed me like a puppy, and would come rest his head on my shoulder while I sat in a lawn chair in the corral, reading a book. And while I could still ride (which wasn't past 6 months) he carried me like he had a dozen eggs on his back, and always shifted his weight to make sure I was centered properly in the saddle, so I couldn't/wouldn't fall off.

He was a GREAT horse (he was a Morab) and when we moved back to the bay area and I couldn't tale him with me, I sold him at below what I'd been asking for, to a little boy who loved him and vice versa, on sight. The boy was into the horse/pony club, and as long as my buddy got a good home, that mattered more to me than money.

I'd still be riding, but my doc said that if I do, and accidentally fall off onto the wrong part of my back, I could/might be paralyzed for life from the neck down. So now I just go and make a fuss over them, stuff them full of grass, carrots, granola bars, and other such treats, and admire them from the ground. I can still do grooming, but I'm afraid riding for me is out, permanently.

So next time, either make sure the horse is asleep (and yes, they can and do play "possum") and have your pockets stuffed with treats. And there are times when even that won't work! You did well by getting out when you did, a PO'd horse can be a really scary thing!

But find yourself a good one, that you can bond with, and you'll have a friend and companion for life, which depending on how good of care that they get, and be up into their early 30's.

Regards.
    7th Stepper
    Yippikaiyea! LOL

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I thought someone would say that sooner! :D

1) Send your wife
    2) If the wife says it's safe then you can send your dog
    3) If the dog comes back inside alive then you can have a look outside
    4) Call your wife back and tell her she can come back inside

You and your dog are safe.

What kind of a person are you?

Obviously you don't let her back in until the police arrive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Eerie coincidence:
    Police: Property Owners Shot Teen, Fired At Others - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Probably an example of what not to do, although if the young men were trying to run over the couple, that will help the self-defense argument:

Police said the incident happened just after 3 a.m. in the 8700 block of South County Road 575 West.

"What we know so far is that the property owner (Kevin Reckley) heard the driveway alarm sound to a piece of property he owns down the road from his residence. He and his wife (Teresa Reckley) went (toward) the residence and were armed," read a statement from Sheriff Doug Cox.

Top Bottom