• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One night I heard a sound outside my bedroom window at about 3-4:00 am. It sounded clearly like a person walking slowly through the deep dead leaves outside my house.

I rolled out of bed and grabbed my pistol and moved quietly to the window. The window was open a little bit so I crouched by the window and listened to the rustling move directly to the window. The sounds stopped directly outside my window and I threw open the window, prepared to blow the head off of some would-be break in artist. Instead I was face to face with a very drunk college girl with her pants down. She promptly starts wailing, begging "please don't watch me pee". I fell down laughing inside my house, closed and locked the window and went back to sleep.

Bloomington is like that.

You have a very drunk college girl with her pants down on your property and you go back to sleep?! :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ah, the flashlight crowd. My light is a weapon *gun show poses*

Yeah, well, we all like the goofy flashlight gun rag ads for being so lame that they are funny, but your flashlight just helps you see, it is not a weapon *gun show poses* and it does not create a force field around you *force field sound, wah, wamp, wamp, wamp, wah*

INGO Member demonstrating how his flashlight is a weapon and a force field:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYMNbd_gfY[/ame]

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!!!

Why are you running around like Manny the Mall Ninja in your Mickey Mouse underwear and your Ho Chi Minh flip flops?

Don't get out of the boat, er, don't expose yourself like that. You are inside the house. In a very strong position, why give it up unless your place is on fire?

You're going to go outside and do what, Skippy? Save your favorite rake in the tool shed? Leave your wife to fend for herself? Create an opportunity for blue on blue gunfire when you leave contact with your wife? Go out and point a gun at the clumsy 15 year old neighbor sneaking a cigarette and go down for felony stupid?

Turn on the outside light and see what is out there: deer, dog, rhino out for a night run, neighbor's kid, etc. Having a gun is not a substitute for wisdom.

This. Do not get out of the boat, what if it's a Tiger. Hold the fort, protect the homestead and stand fast.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My dad had the first half of this scenario happen last winter. He rolled out of bed, grabbed his trusty double barrel 12, and eased open a window. When he lit up the front porch (where the sounds were coming from), he found himself face to face with a savage white-tail deer.

Noises can be anything, and can even be something completely off from what they actually sound like. Stay inside, if the hair on your neck stands up, make ready, and stand by. If it turns out to be something to worry over, not turning on the lights will keep from alerting the intruder, and if its bambi, he will probably not be kicking in your door.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    DO NOT GO OUTSIDE!!!

Why are you running around like Manny the Mall Ninja in your Mickey Mouse underwear and your Ho Chi Minh flip flops?

Don't get out of the boat, er, don't expose yourself like that. You are inside the house. In a very strong position, why give it up unless your place is on fire?

You're going to go outside and do what, Skippy? Save your favorite rake in the tool shed? Leave your wife to fend for herself? Create an opportunity for blue on blue gunfire when you leave contact with your wife? Go out and point a gun at the clumsy 15 year old neighbor sneaking a cigarette and go down for felony stupid?

Turn on the outside light and see what is out there: deer, dog, rhino out for a night run, neighbor's kid, etc. Having a gun is not a substitute for wisdom.

Best advice so far.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Stay inside, light up the outside, one in the chamber and in arms reach as always, head back to bed with it all nearby, if he's outside the window he got scared off or he's going to be stupid, know that I'm around, break that glass invoke castle doctrine and a 911 call. If I spot him and there is no attempt at entry then it's best description possible (including checking the street for a vehicle description) and 911 call so my neighbors don't suffer the same fate.

This past weekend there was a multiple armed intruder home invasion one county away. I do not want to go outside see BG 1 with the baseball bat to have BG 2 come round the corner out of the shadows with a gun and start shooting at me, then I'm dead and the loved one is inside the house. I must assume there is more than one, even if I only see one, just a fact of life with how crimes have been changing the last few years.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    If by chance you for some reason decide to go outside. Call the the police first and give a description on what you are wearing and that you will be armed. Hopefully this will be transferred from dispatch to the officers arriving.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This sounds like a dangerous scenario. Don't go outside! Send your wife out to check it out and have her report back while you stay safely inside.

Terry :rolleyes:

I thought someone would say that sooner! :D

1) Send your wife
    2) If the wife says it's safe then you can send your dog
    3) If the dog comes back inside alive then you can have a look outside
    4) Call your wife back and tell her she can come back inside

You and your dog are safe.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I wouldn't go outside wandering around if I heard noises outside. Your eyes will need time to adjust to the darkness if you want to see anything.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I thought someone would say that sooner! :D

1) Send your wife
    2) If the wife says it's safe then you can send your dog
    3) If the dog comes back inside alive then you can have a look outside
    4) Call your wife back and tell her she can come back inside

You and your dog are safe.
    You have obviously never met my wife. If I tried that I most certainly would not be safe.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    First, turn all the lights in the house off. By doing that, you eliminate the potential BG the benefit of seeing you through the window. It also allows your eyes to focus on what could be going on outside. Then turn on all outside lights so you can see them. Personally, I would stay inside and not stand directly in front of the window. When looking out the window, do it from an angle.

Be ready in case the prowler situation turns into a home invasion scenario. Make sure the wife is armed as well and have a plan set up ahead of time as to who will go where and do what.

If in fact, you determine that there is a potential BG, call the cops. If the BG comes in, lay that person out on the floor with a few well placed rounds and wait till the cops show up.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    get+off+my+lawn.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    no no no.

step 1: shine light in eyes
    step 2: repeatedely yell "stop resisting".
    step 3: ?
    step 4: bang bang bang

;)

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    This is actually quite common by us, we have "city style" gang ways that kids tend to hand out in. Two large dogs, flashlight in the face, and a "WTF" tends to send them scampering off somewhere else. I prefer not to have them (and their trash) hang out by my house.

Also, staying inside isn't an option by us if you want them to leave. Letting the dogs out alone only ends in trying to yell over the barking.

Top Bottom