• Status
    Not open for further replies.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Good catch, I must have missed that when I looked. Sounds like that rifle is likely better suited for heavier bullets.

BTW, I hope a few others who have tactical shotguns or field/trap guns will bring them. I've got plenty of clays and a hand thrower. Plus, I figured we'd get to rip apart some targets on the move, etc.!

I was thinking about buying some clays for the shoot. I don't have a tactical shotgun but I have my 870 with a shorty barrel on it

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I was thinking about buying some clays for the shoot. I don't have a tactical shotgun but I have my 870 with a shorty barrel on it

Oh? I have a thrower that can be mounted in a hitch or use the legs and set it on the ground.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Ok I've decided I'll be there! It's cloes to home, so why not, lol.

As for guns
    Springfield 1911 mil spec, modded a bit 45 acp
    Kimber custom compact gen 1. 45 acp
    Taurus 709. 9mm
    Taurus 608 8 shot 357 mag revolver :D
    homebuild M4 style basic AR 5.56/.223
    Remington Sportsman 48 semi auto, 12 ga
    Now adding a Marlin Camp 45 as well :D

And trying to decide on which bolt rifle to bring.
    custom Mauser in 30-06 with Timney trigger/BSA scope
    Sporterized M44 with scope
    91/30
    Mauser K98 8mm

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    ironjaw - whenever you wanna head up there just let me know. I don't mind setting up at all. I know IBM said I could carpool with him, but I'm not sure what time he wants to be there or what time anyone else who's carpooling with him wants to be there. So if you want to head up early I'm game.

PW shoot?

Post Whore Shoot. You're more than welcome to come hang out, shoot the :poop: (figuratively or literally). :D

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    ironjaw - whenever you wanna head up there just let me know. I don't mind setting up at all. I know IBM said I could carpool with him, but I'm not sure what time he wants to be there or what time anyone else who's carpooling with him wants to be there. So if you want to head up early I'm game.

Post Whore Shoot. You're more than welcome to come hang out, shoot the :poop: (figuratively or literally). :D
    I am probably gonna leave my house around 730am. If you get here, then I can drive or help with gas money! let me know

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hey guys... Guess what IIIIIII HAAAVVVVEEEE!!!!

A guy brought down an old laptop to be serviced at the Helpdesk yesterday but we had to decline service because we don't support that model any more (only support the institute-issued laptops for current students). So. We were joking around about what it could be used for. He said a coaster. I said, a target!

:woot:

So, if anybody has access to some tannerite (and if it is approved for our location), I have a laptop we can blow up just like at the SKS shoot back in March!! Part of the deal was that I have to record it in HD and give him the video for his blog. Fair enough :thumbsup:

Also, I now have a Taurus PT100 AF (.40SW) to bring.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hey guys... Guess what IIIIIII HAAAVVVVEEEE!!!!

A guy brought down an old laptop to be serviced at the Helpdesk yesterday but we had to decline service because we don't support that model any more (only support the institute-issued laptops for current students). So. We were joking around about what it could be used for. He said a coaster. I said, a target!

:woot:

So, if anybody has access to some tannerite (and if it is approved for our location), I have a laptop we can blow up just like at the SKS shoot back in March!! Part of the deal was that I have to record it in HD and give him the video for his blog. Fair enough :thumbsup:

Also, I now have a Taurus PT100 AF (.40SW) to bring.

Now that I think of it, I'm also going to bring the old screen to my laptop as well. I had it replaced since the backlight was no good and have been wanting to use it as a target. And I have a jar of tannerite :D:rockwoot:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Tannerite is fun but it scares the chit out of me! that stuff can do some major damage if someone was to get careless with it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tannerite is fun but it scares the chit out of me! that stuff can do some major damage if someone was to get careless with it.

Careless as in how? Getting too close before shooting it? Using 150lbs in a dumptruck? :): Remember at the SKS shoot it took two shots? Good times, good times.... :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't know how I got put down for a taurus something or other, but I don't own any taurus, so.... yeah just thought I'd mention that. :)

I'm getting excited to shoot. Wife is too. Oh what fun!

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't know how I got put down for a taurus something or other, but I don't own any taurus, so.... yeah just thought I'd mention that. :)

I'm getting excited to shoot. Wife is too. Oh what fun!

Accidental double copy - thanks for letting me know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom