• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Those of you that follow this thread may remember my 12 year old son who had the tumor removed from his brain stem the day after Christmas. He has been home now for almost 3 weeks and is getting radiation treatments every day in Bloomington. We are having a hard time with his feedings (G tube) finding a formula that doesn't make him sick and throw up. We are concerned that he may not be getting enough liquids as well as nutrition. None of us want him to end up back in the hospital where he has already spent 48 days. Please continue to pray for his recovery and a solution to the feeding problem.
    Prov 3:5&6
    Also pray for mom and dad, it's wearing us out too.
    Kevin

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Those of you that follow this thread may remember my 12 year old son who had the tumor removed from his brain stem the day after Christmas. He has been home now for almost 3 weeks and is getting radiation treatments every day in Bloomington. We are having a hard time with his feedings (G tube) finding a formula that doesn't make him sick and throw up. We are concerned that he may not be getting enough liquids as well as nutrition. None of us want him to end up back in the hospital where he has already spent 48 days. Please continue to pray for his recovery and a solution to the feeding problem.
    Kevin

We have been through all of this too. Our son is tube fed and he used to spend about 60 days a year in the hospital due to feeding issues.* What fixed it???* A G-J tube... ASK FOR ONE!* It gives you the option of either feeding into the stomach or into the jejunum (part of the intestines). This eliminates the throwing up. They might not be willing to give up on the G-tube if it has only been 3 weeks, but it should help you feel better knowing there IS a solution out there.

We had tried everything. They tried putting him on Reglan (really nasty stuff with bad side effects), zofran, they contemplated a nissen, but decided it wouldn't help because he still tried to vomit even with a drain bag attached to his stomach. We tried 24/7 feeds... nothing helped until we switched to the J-tube.

It does NOT require an extra surgery, they use the existing stoma and have someone in the fluoroscopy department thread the tube into place. Once it is in there, they can use the existing one to place a guide wire anytime they need to replace it so they don't have to "thread it through" every time. The downside is the button is a little bigger because it has an extra port on it, you can't replace it yourself, and if it gets pulled out you have to take them to the hospital to have it put back in (it doesn't take long, we are usually in and out in an hour). *

Also, have you tried Elecare medical formula? Are you bolus feeding or using a pump?

Feel free to PM me and I can give you my email address or phone number if you want to talk about this. Our son has been on some form of tube (NG, G, G-J) for almost 3 years. I would be happy to share our experiences and the tips/tricks we have learned.

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    Kevin

Wife and I are continuing to pray for your son and your family.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Thumbing around the site and saw this. My family is in need.

Let me make a very long and hard story short.

Late last year my uncle, 56 years old, was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cell carcinoma spreading to lymphnodes, soft tissues, liver, and spleen. It has already been a long and strenous fight, and I fear he is losing his battle.

At the begining of this month, at the age of 56, and one day before her youngest grandchilds first birthday, my mother was diagnosed with stage 3b breast cancer, spreading to lymphnodes, axilary, flank, and thorasic cavity.

Here is the really sad part, my father is a pastor at a small local church. They both have always put themselves last to ensure others were taken care of. Dad never pastored for the money, he always said "It's not about the money, it's about fullfilling my calling from God, I'd do it for free if I had to."

Last year my mom and dad brought in about $24,000 in income. No 401k, no retirement, and NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

My mother is now faced with the hardships of cancer, both emotionaly and financialy. I have been doing what I can to ensure that she doesn't have to make the decision to go to treatments, or put food on the table.

I have set up fund raising funds, to allow others who want to donate the opertunity to donate thru their bank, money order, check, and paypal. I am not going to use this thread as a fund raiser, but If anyone is intrested in this you can pm me for info. But money is not their major need. They are in need of prayer.

Please keep my mother and uncle in prayer, I want my mother to see her grandkids grow up.

Update: mom has been told her cancer is very agressive, my uncle has stopped responding to treatments all together. God has provided food so far, and they have not gone hungry. Mom has filed for Medicaid, but is waiting for approval.

Thanks for all the prayers so far, please, please, keep them in prayer.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I need prayers for my brother. He's in Japan and got sick recently and isn't doing very well. Pray for good doctors and healing overall. He gets fatigued very quickly and shortness of breath. He went in to the hospital last night and they have him on Oxygen and going for a CT Scan soon.

Thanks!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I need prayers for my brother. He's in Japan and got sick recently and isn't doing very well. Pray for good doctors and healing overall. He gets fatigued very quickly and shortness of breath. He went in to the hospital last night and they have him on Oxygen and going for a CT Scan soon.

Thanks!

Prayers sent!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So apparently is somewhat serious but nobody is saying anything and he's asked my Mom to fly over. So, lot of prayers would be greatly appreciated.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Kevin
    Been busy and have not been on here too much of late. However, I have not forgotten about your family. Please remember, you continue to be in my prayers - for your son and his concerns and also for Mom & Dad. I know it is tough on families, too. Hold tight to each other and your faith - 'Grace is given when grace is required'.

Still praying!!

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Update: mom has been told her cancer is very agressive, my uncle has stopped responding to treatments all together. God has provided food so far, and they have not gone hungry. Mom has filed for Medicaid, but is waiting for approval.

Thanks for all the prayers so far, please, please, keep them in prayer.
    Praying for your family as well. Thanks for the update.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Thanks!
    Praying for your family as well. Will remember your brother for healing and your mother for safe travelling.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Thanks for all the prayers. He can sit up finally and walk across the room and back on his own now. So there is definite progress. Still don't know the unknown part that he's not telling us, so prayers that its not serious would be helpful.

Thanks!

:ingo:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    If I could ask those to continue to pray for my health. I'm having trouble managing my sugar and weight. I've lost about 25 lbs and have been able to keep off 23 (2 lbs gained, hoping to lose them again and about 50 additional). Doc has prescribed meds that I do not want to take and I'm hoping they are short term but it's not looking good.

Also, I had a job interview on Friday that went well... then a meeting later in the day that did NOT go well.

So it goes...

Also, prayers for everyone else's request(s).

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Prayer Vigil - Prayer Vigil Sign-up Sheet

Coming up on 12-15 Apr 2012 there is a team of men going into Plainfield Correctional Facility to spread the Gospel to a group of men--many of whom are convinced that they are "throw aways" which simply isn't true. Shown above is a prayer vigil that only takes a moment to fill out. Would you please consider signing up?

Thanks and may God bless!

Top Bottom