• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I did, I was fishing for rationale as to why us poor sheep need to be subservient. I was curious and looking for an explanation of that concept. I understand you qualified your statement well, citing you Believed, the officers involved thought something, and you didn't hold the opinion that we should be subservient. ( at least you didn't give that indication in your post) I am just curious as to why officers may have the misconception that we must comply to them, besides the obvious( the service pistol on their hip being a threat of force and the handcuffs threatening incarceration)

Ahh okay. I thought you thought, that I believed that we should be subservient. Why do some of them think that? Perhaps for the reasons you stated above, and also because that is what they are used too?:dunno:

And yes I did qualify it because I'm not them and don't know for sure what they thought or why they did it. It's just my opinion on it.

I went down to CCB today after work and filed my complaint.
    For anyone else interested...it's on the 19th floor in the Citizen's Complaint Services room.;)
    I was told I will be contacted once the superiors of the officers involved review the complaint.

The attendant I turned in the complaint to started to read my nicely typed up complaint and questioned about not needing a license to carry a rifle and I replied that is correct, as that was one of our purposes...to inform the public of their rights.:)
    :rockwoot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    For anyone else interested...it's on the 19th floor in the Citizen's Complaint Services room.;)
    I was told I will be contacted once the superiors of the officers involved review the complaint.

The attendant I turned in the complaint to started to read my nicely typed up complaint and questioned about not needing a license to carry a rifle and I replied that is correct, as that was one of our purposes...to inform the public of their rights.:)

Nice. :yesway:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I think that you misunderstand, I am not out to screw every person I meet, but I do have a job to do. When I stop someone on traffic stop, there are many things that I think about. What I was saying is that just because I stop you for a license plate light, I am not going to ignore anyother criminal activity I see. Also, I dont have the luxury to assume everyone is a law abiding citizen, my number one priority is to go home at the end of the night. Should i just assume the guy making furtive movements is reaching for his license and registration? or maybe he is reaching for his .357 snubbie he has hidden?

Does that mean you screw some of the people, you said "I am not out to screw every person"?

You also said "Also, I dont have the luxury to assume everyone is a law abiding citizen", I also don't have the luxury to assume every LEO that stops me is not drunk, high on OXY, or just an ass pulling me over for something I didn't do. " (about 15 years ago I was pulled over because the LEO had "never seen a personalized plate on a truck before". Last year my wife got pulled over for making a right turn on red, only problem was she made a u turn, so the LEO was not paying attention & then told her "making u turn in a high traffic area is a stopable offence")

And I do want you to go home at night.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Citizens’ Police Complaint Board and Office

WHAT IS THE CITIZENS’ POLICE COMPLAINT BOARD (CPCB)?
    The CPCB is a twelve (12) member Board consisting of nine civilian, voting members and three (3) non-voting police officers. These members are appointed by the City/County Council, the Mayor and the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP). The CPCB is authorized to investigate, review and dispose of all allegations of misconduct filed in the CPCO.

HOW CAN I BECOME A MEMBER OF THE CITIZENS’ POLICE COMPLAINT BOARD (CPCB)?
    All voting members of the CPCB must be citizens who are residents of Marion County. Voting members may be selected from nominees chosen by the District Task Force and submitted by the Deputy Chief. No sworn law enforcement officer is eligible to serve as a voting member of the CPCB. If you are interested in becoming a CPCB member, please contact your IMPD District Task Force.

HOW CAN YOU BRING GOOD OFFICER CONDUCT TO THE ATTENTION OF IMPD?
    If you would like to compliment the conduct and/or actions of an IMPD officer, this may be accomplished by calling the Chief of Police office at (317)327-5282. Another method is by writing to the Chief of Police or the District Commander of the district in which the officer is assigned.

WHAT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EITHER THE IMPD OR THE CPCB?
    You have the right to discuss your case with an attorney and seek recourse under the law.

WHAT IS THE CITIZENS’ POLICE COMPLAINT OFFICE (CPCO)?
    The CPCO is an office, independent of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), created by City/County General Ordinance. The CPCO affords citizens of Indianapolis who believe they have been treated improperly by an officer of IMPD the opportunity to have their complaints voiced and investigated.

WHO MAY FILE A COMPLAINT?
    Any person who feels they have been the victim of police misconduct may file a complaint. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or a legal guardian must accompany the juvenile when filing the complaint.

HOW DOES ONE FILE A COMPLAINT?
    The most common way to file a complaint is to contact the CPCO at 317-327-3440 to schedule an appointment for a formal interview. To file a complaint informally, you may write to: Brian Reeder, Executive Director, 200 East Washington Street, Suite 1921, Indianapolis, IN 46204-3327. The filing of a formal complaint must be done within sixty (60) days of the incident.

WHAT IF THE IPD OFFICER IS FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF DEPARTMENTAL POLICY?
    If there is sufficient evidence to prove the allegation(s) made in the complaint, the complaint will be ruled SUSTAINED. The Chief of Police will take the appropriate disciplinary action. This action may be reported to the CPCO and forwarded to the complainant upon request.

WHAT IF THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO PROVE OR DISPROVE THE ALLEGATION(S)?
    With insufficient evidence, the case will be ruled NOT SUSTAINED and notification will be sent to the complainant. The officer(s)’ name will also be entered in the Early Warning System set up by IMPD to monitor allegations of misconduct. If a pattern of misconduct is discovered, appropriate action will be taken to eliminate any further violation(s) of departmental orders in the future.

WHAT IF THE OFFICER IS FOUND TO HAVE ACTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH DEPARTMENTAL POLICY?
    If the officer is found to have acted properly and in accordance with IMPD regulation, a disposition of EXONERATED will be attached to the complaint and notification of that fact will be sent to the complainant.

WHAT IF THE ALLEGATION(S) DO NOT COINCIDE WITH THE EVIDENCE?
    If the information provided by the complainant does not coincide with the evidence obtained, the complaint will be TERMINATED and no further action will be taken. If new information becomes available to the complainant, the complaint may be re-filed within the sixty (60) day time limit.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE COMPLAINT?
    Once a complaint is received in the CPCO, it is processed, recorded and sent to IMPD for investigation. The complaint is forwarded back to the CPCO with a disposition (finding) attached. The complaint is then scheduled for a review by the CPCB. The complainant will be informed of the time, date and place of this public meeting The CPCB will review and
    discuss the complaint at the public meeting. No testimony is heard from either the complainant or the officer(s) involved. All statements are obtained prior to the CPCB meeting by the involved parties during the investigative process. If the CPCB endorses (agrees with) the findings, the case is then considered complete. If the CPCB does not endorse the findings they have several options:

1. Order the Executive Director of the CPCO to conduct an
    independent investigation of the allegations;
    2. Conduct an informal administrative hearing on the complaint;
    3. Order the Executive Director to informally mediate the complaint
    with Chief of Police in an attempt to resolve the matter.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED WHEN FILING A COMPLAINT:
    When you file a complaint, please include the following information:
    • Date, time and location of the incident;
    • Name and or physical description of involved officer(s), license
    plate numbers or vehicle numbers (if available);
    • Witnesses’ names, addresses, and phone numbers; and
    • Citations, medical records, or any other documentation/evidence
    you feel may be helpful.

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

:yesway::ingo::yesway:

picture.php

:popcorn:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

What rifle was carried at this event?

Thanks,

Joe

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I think that you misunderstand, I am not out to screw every person I meet, but I do have a job to do.

Yes, you do have a job. First and foremost to uphold the Constitution of these United States and of the State of Indiana.

You swore an oath to that end.

my number one priority is to go home at the end of the night.
    It may be your priority, but see above.

The number one priority SHOULD BE defending the Constitutions you swore an oath to uphold.

If going home at night is job 1, you are violating your oath and need to quit and find another job.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It is my hope that everyone that participated in this event that was disarmed will file a complaint against the officer(s) involved for violating our rights. The more the CPCB sees these types of violations and careless handling of citizens, we may actually see some positive results. :patriot:

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Yes, you do have a job. First and foremost to uphold the Constitution of these United States and of the State of Indiana.

You swore an oath to that end.

It may be your priority, but see above.

The number one priority SHOULD BE defending the Constitutions you swore an oath to uphold.

If going home at night is job 1, you are violating your oath and need to quit and find another job.

No, His 1st priority is the safety of the public as a whole.
    His 2nd priority is to go home at the end of the night.

He just needs to make sure he is doing these without violating anyone's rights as Granted to them by those Constitutions. His life has been granted to him BY GOD, not those Constitutions. Law Enforcement and Fighting in a War are not the same thing.

Natural instinct leans more to going home at the end of the night being Priority 1.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    No, His number 1 priority is to go home at the end of the night.
    His 2nd priority is the safety of the public as a whole.
    He just needs to make sure he is doing these without violating anyone's rights as Granted to them by those Constitutions. His life has been granted to him BY GOD, not those Constitutions. Law Enforcement and Fighting in a War are not the same thing.
    :yesway:

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Well done, sir. :yesway:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Making the first priority "going home at night" is what allowed the Columbine massacre to continue. I say this as a Colorado resident who knows many of the people involved personally.

If the first officer who arrived had not been as concerned with "going home tonight" as he was with some children going home at night, more might have gotten home.

In my sister's required concealed carry class, there was a police officer who taught a portion of the course. He said, and I paraphrase:

The cops are a gang. You're part of a gang, or not. In a gang, the lives of the gang members are more important than the lives of everyone else. Understand that, and you'll understand a lot about how you should behave after a self defense shooting.

If your highest value is to go home at night, we need to change the paradigm.

As an Army NCO, I f***ing assure you, my highest value was NOT to go home at night. In fact, I'd be ASHAMED to go home at night if I hadn't lived up to my highest value.

Top Bottom