• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like something similar just occurred in Minneapolis. Activist goes to meet with cop and ends up with his gun being taken, getting swept with it and all the loveliness that goes along with. Too bad for officer friendly, tho. The gun owner filed criminal charges with the sheriff's department. Can't wait to see how this turn out.

Minneapolis Police Spokesman Under Criminal Investigation(MN)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If another AWB happens in my lifetime. I'll be leading the charge to make sure the LEO community is in line with regs of that ban, and that they carry limited cappacity weapons as well

:laugh: Yea.... You're going to take M4's, Semi-Auto handguns, and pump/semi-auto shotguns outta the hands of police?

:popcorn:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sorry, but I gotta disagree here. The bad guys arent going to obey gun laws, as we know, so I want our LEAs to have the best of the best weapons.

I still believe it is a minority of LEOs that abuse or misundertand our rights as gun owners.

If the LEOs need the fancy guns because the bad guys are so heavily armed, private citizens need 'em more, judging by the fact that said private citizens shoot more bad guys than cops do.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Looks like something similar just occurred in Minneapolis. Activist goes to meet with cop and ends up with his gun being taken, getting swept with it and all the loveliness that goes along with. Too bad for officer friendly, tho. The gun owner filed criminal charges with the sheriff's department. Can't wait to see how this turn out.

Minneapolis Police Spokesman Under Criminal Investigation(MN)

lightbulb.jpg

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    :laugh: Yea.... You're going to take M4's, Semi-Auto handguns, and pump/semi-auto shotguns outta the hands of police?

:popcorn:

I doubt it would be possible, but if we have to deal with another AWB, you bet your a$$ I'll be pushing to make sure law enforcement has to deal with the same restrictions, I don't want to deal with another time when the average citizen can't have something, but the state is allowed. I really am not gonna be happy until we can buy short barrel automatic weapons through the mail, Pick up thompson sub machine guns at your local hardware, and we can carry everywhere, save places where private property owners have made it explicitly clear you cannot carry there.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I doubt it would be possible, but if we have to deal with another AWB, you bet your a$$ I'll be pushing to make sure law enforcement has to deal with the same restrictions, I don't want to deal with another time when the average citizen can't have something, but the state is allowed.
    Do you support the military having weapons you can't?

Just curious if there is a difference.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN

nope. the explosives argument is moot as anyone inclined can build their own, and the methods are clearly defined in readily obtainable copies of the army feild manual.

The only reservation to that is nukes and chemical agents, but I haven't found a plausible way to address them other than no one should have them. As they exist, It has presented me quite a conundrum.

As far as active millitary in a combat engagement, they should have the tools to do the job they are asked to carry out. that said if If our military starts being issued KAC PDW's they should be readily available for sale to the public.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

the military doesnt patrol our streets daily.

citizens should be allowed to legaly own anything, always before military and especialy police. constitutionaly we the people are the countries homeland protectors from ALL threats foreign and domestic. I obey the laws. If I realy wanted to kill cops I could use a sling shot if I had too. this BS about it being illegal for citizens to own certain weapons is just that ..... BS.

If it got to the point where cops were using them against us in mass then I would just snatch me one.

make it legal for citizens to buy new machine guns, and I will support the police having the same. but until then, I do not. but I dont need 800 rounds a minute to perform surgery ;)

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle

Yes, there is a difference. The civilian police forces are NOT the military. The military exists to defend the U.S. Their basic purpose is to kill the enemy. The basic purpose of civilian law enforcement isn't to kill the enemy. Civilian police forces exist to enforce the laws. The killing of suspected law breakers is usually considered to be the last resort.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I doubt it would be possible, but if we have to deal with another AWB, you bet your a$$ I'll be pushing to make sure law enforcement has to deal with the same restrictions, I don't want to deal with another time when the average citizen can't have something, but the state is allowed. I really am not gonna be happy until we can buy short barrel automatic weapons through the mail, Pick up thompson sub machine guns at your local hardware, and we can carry everywhere, save places where private property owners have made it explicitly clear you cannot carry there.

If we had to deal with another AWB, me and a third of this Country would be up in arms and wouldn't comply. I sure as hell ain't gonna make others comply, LE or not. That's just as bad as kids on the playground saying to the teacher "If I can't have a cupcake, neither can he!".

I am in the same boat as you with nuclear and biological weapons though. No one should have those. Not even military. However, that's not going to happen.

I do believe citizens should have access to nuclear material should they have the means to safely handle it. I know we can now, but financially it's impossible for small business. Just think of the technology would could have by now.

the military doesnt patrol our streets daily.

citizens should be allowed to legaly own anything, always before military and especialy police. constitutionaly we the people are the countries homeland protectors from ALL threats foreign and domestic. I obey the laws. If I realy wanted to kill cops I could use a sling shot if I had too. this BS about it being illegal for citizens to own certain weapons is just that ..... BS.

If it got to the point where cops were using them against us in mass then I would just snatch me one.

make it legal for citizens to buy new machine guns, and I will support the police having the same. but until then, I do not. but I dont need 800 rounds a minute to perform surgery ;)

:+1:

But you know damned well that we NEED 800rpm. Not for surgery, but pursuit of happiness. ;)

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Yes, there is a difference. The civilian police forces are NOT the military. The military exists to defend the U.S. Their basic purpose is to kill the enemy. The basic purpose of civilian law enforcement isn't to kill the enemy. Civilian police forces exist to enforce the laws. The killing of suspected law breakers is usually considered to be the last resort.

WE shouldn't have a standing army, but that is another discussion. Based on the founders views about standing armies. The navy was excluded as to be the police/protectors in our waters.

We should have every man and woman in this country trained to defend our own soil in the even of attack. so Its not hard to argue that every citizen should be capable and willing to defend our soil, and thus should be trained, capable, and armed to this end.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    WE shouldn't have a standing army, but that is another discussion. Based on the founders views about standing armies. The navy was excluded as to be the police/protectors in our waters.

We should have every man and woman in this country trained to defend our own soil in the even of attack. so Its not hard to argue that every citizen should be capable and willing to defend our soil, and thus should be trained, capable, and armed to this end.

I agree with your point about a standing army and the need for all citizens to be able to defend this country. I was just addressing the comment about if there is a difference between the police and the military. I believe the militarization of police departments in this country is part of the problem. When you employ the same weaponry and tactics of the military, you start looking at the citizens you are supposed to be serving the same way the military looks at those they are fighting.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You all do understand that when the S really HTF it will be primarily the military marching in the streets...right? Your local PD will have a fairly minimal impact. They will have their hands full with looters and other vermin attempting to capitalize on the moment. But they too will fall under the direction of the military.

And for the record...I don't support weapons being off limits to non-military or non-LEO, either, as long as it's law-abiding citizens that have them. With the exception of chemical and nuclear...and maybe RPG's. ;)

Let's be realistic... I'm not giving my :poop: up...nor would I expect or want anyone else to. Except the crooks.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    If the LEOs need the fancy guns because the bad guys are so heavily armed, private citizens need 'em more, judging by the fact that said private citizens shoot more bad guys than cops do.

While I haven't seen specific numbers on your post, I do believe them to be correct. However, I would ask how many of the bad guys that are killed are killed by law abiding, LTCH permit-carrying citizens and how many are killed by other bad guys (something I have heard someone refer to as "misdemeanor murder").

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Sorry, but I gotta disagree here. The bad guys arent going to obey gun laws, as we know, so I want our LEAs to have the best of the best weapons.

I still believe it is a minority of LEOs that abuse or misundertand our rights as gun owners.
    So how come are we the only ones (the ones caught between the two sides) that have to play by the rules?! :dunno:
    You all do understand that when the S really HTF it will be primarily the military marching in the streets...right? Your local PD will have a fairly minimal impact. They will have their hands full with looters and other vermin attempting to capitalize on the moment. But they too will fall under the direction of the military.

And for the record...I don't support weapons being off limits to non-military or non-LEO, either, as long as it's law-abiding citizens that have them. With the exception of chemical and nuclear...and maybe RPG's. ;)

Let's be realistic... I'm not giving my :poop: up...nor would I expect or want anyone else to. Except the crooks.

Really?! Where is the Mystical Military coming from?! The Military is not Large enough to do this at all. Look at Afghanistan as a current strength levels, there is somewhere north of 150,000 Troops Deployed there from the International Comunnity. Afghanistan is a Country that can easily fit inside of Texas. Where are the Troops going to come from to Garrison the Entire US going to come from?!

It is far more Realistic to suspect and prepare for the Fact that LEOs and LEAs will be the agressing force if the S does hit the Fan... :D

Top Bottom