• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Right...and the thing that is really boiling my blood just below the skin is this...
    If I were to resist the ILLEGAL detainment, what would have happened?
    Would I have been charged with resisting ARREST? If so, how can that be if the detainment in itself was illegal?:n00b:

As it currently stands we do not get to exercise all of our rights and LEO's get to abuse whatever they choose.

I am not going to let this violation of our rights go by the way side...I am prepared to push this issue until we get some resolve.
    It was really frustrating to have Officer Highsmith violate my rights, right in front of at least 4 other LEOs that obviously didn't care about our constitutional rights in the least. They need to be punished for complacency and allowing a crime to be committed right in front of their faces.

Please keep us informed as to actions taken and results achieved!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    What this experience has shown me is that not only does the general public need education about our 2am rights, LEOs are the ones that need the real education on what the law actually is. As it stands...we have many ignorant LEO abusing our rights every day in some form or another.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Maybe designate one person to each group that would not OC. Their purpose would be to carry a video recorder of some type to make a record of any police intervention.

I hate to say it, but to be the most effective, the videographer needs to not have a firearm at all. No requirement to produce LTCH or Driver's License. :twocents:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I would be willing to be an unarmed videographer, as long as someone is willing to carry my gun so it would be close by, and I don't have a good video camera

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Whew, just finished reading all 15 pages (at 40 posts-per-page). Glad all the INGOers made it home safely.

I look forward to hearing the result of any filed complaints.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I just cant see how anyone could justify this case. This is so clearly wrong that its sad to see what this country has fallen to when someone actually justifies what happened to ATFConsumer for doing something completely legal.

There are moral justifications, and legal justifications. Sometimes the two are the same, in most cases, they are not. I'm not saying what happened to ATFc was morally justified. It may or may not have been legally justified. In this country, the system we have is what we have. The only way to change things are to elect politicians who will appoint judges who hold views consistent with the views you, me, etc. feel are right.

Actually, Joe is mostly correct. As is Indy. As the law is currently written the police can ask for a LTCH, if you're seen carrying a firearm. The BUT here is that a recent Indiana Appeals court case ruled that after the LTCH was seen then that should be the end of things. Apparently, this has not trickled down to the thin blue line members on the streets. Not that a court ruling would stop many of them from this type of behaviour.

How do you know it hasn't "trickled down?" Did that case involve the OCing of a handgun in a public area? No, it is totally different from what happened here. Folks can't just pick and choose a few lines of text from a court ruling and apply it to ever possible situation that may come up. If you do that, you will end up screwed when your case is decided by the same panel of judges and the end up ruling something completely different based upon the fact that your incident is just 5% different, and thus they decide to rule differently.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually, Joe is mostly correct. As is Indy. As the law is currently written the police can ask for a LTCH, if you're seen carrying a firearm. The BUT here is that a recent Indiana Appeals court case ruled that after the LTCH was seen then that should be the end of things. Apparently, this has not trickled down to the thin blue line members on the streets. Not that a court ruling would stop many of them from this type of behaviour.

VVVV This.

Gotta file a complaint if you want them to learn the law. Some get it, some don't. Apparently even some gun owners don't either. :rolleyes:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I would be willing to be an unarmed videographer, as long as someone is willing to carry my gun so it would be close by, and I don't have a good video camera

As I think about it, I am wondering if you could carry a long gun and NOT be required to give a Drivers License if requested. I hate being unarmed just as much if not more than anyone here, but I think it might be the most effective way to get the videography. Anyone else have a better idea? :popcorn:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    As I think about it, I am wondering if you could carry a long gun and NOT be required to give a Drivers License if requested. I hate being unarmed just as much if not more than anyone here, but I think it might be the most effective way to get the videography. Anyone else have a better idea? :popcorn:

Nothing illegal about carrying a long gun, you shouldn't have to provide ID unless they stopped you for breaking the law:dunno:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    VVVV This.

Gotta file a complaint if you want them to learn the law. Some get it, some don't. Apparently even some gun owners don't either. :rolleyes:

Not only the law but address, as taxpayers, whether or not this is an appropriate allocation of resources; do they really need to detain and question a group of citizens about how they communicated with each other to arrange to meet? Once that LTCH is produced, despite arguments about case law, what is the need for further investigation?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    To me it looks like run of the mill harassment.

That too, but I really think they're just trying to find anything they can get you for because they don't like the idea of people carrying. Of course, not all are this way, but we hear about it so often it just peeves me off.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Nothing illegal about carrying a long gun, you shouldn't have to provide ID unless they stopped you for breaking the law:dunno:

Great idea. They can either leave OC people alone or they could have downtown full of guys walking around with AR's, and they can't do a thing about it.

If we told the City that they could either leave OC people alone or face streets full of folks carrying AR15's AK47's before every Pacers and Colts game, Final Four, Big Ten tourney, convention and so forth they would quickly back down.

With the way Indy protects downtown sports events and convention business they coudn't stand this kind of pressure.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great idea. They can either leave OC people alone or they could have downtown full of guys walking around with AR's, and they can't do a thing about it.

If we told the City that they could either leave OC people alone or face streets full of folks carrying AR15's AK47's before every Pacers and Colts game, Final Four, Big Ten tourney, convention and so forth they would quickly back down.

With the way Indy protects downtown sports events and convention business they coudn't stand this kind of pressure.

Damn. That's a helluva good point. I hope you weren't being sarcastic.... :D

Top Bottom