INGO ghost stories and the unexplained...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    ScaryPic.jpg

Harry Potter's ghost. Creepy, man.

WHOA! YOU FOUND WALDO!

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    my grandfather died a few years ago after he died me and my grandmother were alone at her house when suddenly we heard music in the kitchen ...went to find the source and it was an old music box hidden behind a bunch of collectibles, it was closed and covered with dust, no one had touched it in years ....it was given to my grandmother by my grandfather

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Grew up in a old house that was haunted ,One of my favorite incidents involved my aunt from Texas . She was spending a week with us then one night she went to bed early & about an hour later she came running down the stairs asking who was messing with her? We had no idea what she was talking about but it turned out after she calmed down she was stirred by someone walking into her room and then felt a cold wet kiss on her ribs (no dogs in the house) We had named the spirit Jacob after the original settler that had built the original house on the property & just told her that Jacob must be glad youre here.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    My brother used to live out around Roann with his first wife on a area a house had burned down under mysterious circumstances(Mobile home for the story) After they had moved in ,he had recurring dreams of being stabbed by a large woman in white & he would wake up from the dream, he at times would see the woman at the doorway of the bedroom & dissappear like in a smoke or fog. The last night he stayed there & awoke from the nightmare ,he seen the woman move down the hallway instead of dissapating.He got up to see if he was dreaming still but as he moved down the short hallway he heard heavy breathing & breath on the back of his neck .He swung his fist so hard out of fear that his arm went through the wall .He swore that he would never stay there again after that.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My dad had a house that was built in the late 1800's, it was a three story home that over the years was turned into 2 separate apartments. He lived on the first level and would rent the upstairs apt out from time to time but at this time it was empty. I would stay with my dad on the weekends, I was probably 9 or so when this happened. Me and my dads gf daughter went upstairs to retrieve a book that was left up there, while up there a closet door that was open ended up slamming shut on its on. No one was up there, no windows or doors were open so it wasn't a draft and besides that the carpet was so thick that to shut this door took great effort anyhow. Two freaked out little girls, you never seen move so fast, our feet touched maybe two steps of the staircase and then we ended up jumping over the rail nearly killing ourselves to get out of there. It really freaked us out. When I was 16, the level was in bad shape, ended up doing a bunch of drywall work and rented it out myself. Nothing like that ever happened again.

I also believe that babies and animals can see ghosts better than anyone. We were looking at a house to buy when my daughter was maybe 4 or 5 months old. Every time we entered this house she would cry like crazy, take her out side she was instantly fine. Go back inside crying again. We looked at this house on three different days, even took my in-laws to see the house and it was the same thing every time. :dunno: needless to say we didn't buy it, but I always believed it was haunted and I often see it back on the market.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We need some more of these stories. I need to laugh a bit more and I've read through all the creepy stories on survivalistsforums...for being a group of survivalists, they sure are really worried about things that don't exist, not sure how most would do if the SHTF.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    i love ghost stories- when i'm not alone and it's daylight! :D
    1. when i was a kid, i often had deja vu. i've also always dreamed a lot of crazy stuff. 1 night, i dreamed that my best friend's cat was behind a chainlink fence, talking to me about going away, and that he would be ok. in the morning, i waited for my friend, we always walked to the bus together. she was crying. unknown to me, the cat had been taken to the vet the night before, and died unexpectedly while kept overnight. they had several cats and dogs, and when i stayed all night there, that cat usually slept with me.

2. my childhood home has always creeped me out. my parents had it built, so nobody died there before. the bathtub water came on by itself. one day, coming home from school, i had such a strong, scary feeling that i wouldn't go in until my father came home, i went to my grandma's instead.

3. i once lived in an old farmhouse, built in the 1700s. it was a limestone house, needed lots of work, but had lots of character. i never felt spirits in that house. i just note that, because it is strange i'd feel presence in some other much newer homes, but not in this one, which probably had lots of history i didn't know about!

4. the night my daughter was born (near New Orleans), my then-husband came home and all the cabinets and drawers were opening and closing. nothing like that ever happend to me there.

5. i once saw the figure of a soldier in the woods while mushroom hunting.

6. one night my husband, FIL, and myself were drinking around a firepit in our yard. i took a pic with my digital cam. when i looked at it, there was a ghostly figure behind my husband and FIL. they kinda laughed at me, and joked that maybe it was FIL's mom, who'd passed away not long before. when i showed it to my daughter, she said right away "it's a ghost, mom." i still have it somewhere.

i have a few more.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    The house I'm currently living in had previous owners who were a bit...strange. When we first moved in, there were latch locks on the outside of all the internal doors except the master bedroom. You know, the hook-and-eye locks? They were on the outside of the kid's room, the basement, the bathroom, even the closets. Ok, so maybe they wanted to keep the kids out...of their own bedroom? There were also baby gates separating certain sections of the house...with heavy padlocks on them. The basement is full of hooks hanging on the walls and ceiling, and there is a switch on the basement that is still marked "FOR ELECTRIC FENCE, DO NOT TURN OFF!" Keep in mind, this is in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Upon closer inspection, I can see where the fence was rigged; I could set it back up with minimal effort.

The creepy part is the hand prints. There are children's hand prints that just kind of show up in certain places. Even after several coats of paint, they show back up. They're even more noticeable when I look at the wall through my night vision goggles. No real "experiences" other than the hand prints, but they can get creepy. Especially when I realized the smudge on my computer monitor was in the shape of a small hand, and there hadn't been any kids in the house in months. :dunno:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    There is house in Silver Lake or Claypool that is suppose to be so haunted that its suppose to be demolished due to the fact that no one could stay in the house longer than a month & anyone that would work there to due improvements would quickly become a believer.From what I remember about is:
    Lights being turned on/off even with no power
    Flying objects of whatever might be lying around
    Voices whispering & sometimes clearly talking to someone specific
    A hovering or floating cat (real cat of a previous owner)
    These is just a few things I remember & the reality companies refused to put it on the market because of its reputation & Im not sure if it ever was torn down or sold by the owner

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Was dispatched to a small farm because of loud music complaint. House is deserted, windows broken out, boards on some and front door. My partner and I looked and listened and heard nothing. We walked past a corn silo and I could smell a campfire like odor. Shined our lights in and saw pentagrams, animal skulls and candles. No people though. Had a barn that had collapsed, very old, and nothing appeared strange.
    Cleared call after 1/2 hr and were called back a couple hrs later. No one around. Went to complainants home and they were gone. Verified phone number and had dispatch call residence, heard phone ringing, no one home?
    Next day, the Chief told us those people had been killed in a car accident few weeks prior and he had went to meet the daughter at the residence. No big deal, all in order.
    Who called, and why music? Maybe kids, never went back no more calls came from that number. Rated a #1 on my creep out list.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have a few stories about things I've experienced but cannot explain.The one that kind of freaks me out the most occured in 2006. I had just gotten married and my (now Ex)wife best friend, who lives in Santa Barbara, was also getting married the month after ours. So we decided to hold off and have our honeymoon in Santa Barbara when we go up there for the wedding. Now for about 2 months before this, I'd been suffering from really bad migraine headaches, I couldn't do anything during these episodes. We had been staying at hotel just on the outskirts of Santa Barbara, on the first floor. During her friends ceremony, I start getting one of these migraines and by the time the reception is starting my migraine is going full steam. Now my wife was the maid of honor so she could not give me a ride back to the hotel, so Steven, a friend of hers gives me a ride back to the hotel. Now Steven is a very tall guy, probably close to 6'8. We get to the hotel. Steven leaves and I go in, wet a wash cloth, put it on my forehead and proceeded to go to sleep. Now I remember my wife comming in to the hotel room and laying down on the other bed (the room had 2 full sized beds). Now I recall her locking the door when she came in.So I go back to sleep and I am unsure what time this thing occured but at some point during the night I woke up because someone was tapping on my foot. It was very distinct, like someone was trying to wake me up. I open my eyes thinking it was my wife. It was complete dark in the room and I had to really focus to even make out the tv that was mounted to the wall at the far corner of the room near the foot of the bed I was in. But what was odd was that i was only able to make out half of the tv. There was also a carbon monoxide tester mounted to the wall with a red light right next to the tv. So I start to really focus in and I can see a large dark figure there at the foot of my bed. In my daze I said out loud, Steven what are you doing here? Then I realized how did he get in the room and most importantly why was he in the room. I get no answer, so I'm thinking that I am just seeing things because I just woke up and it was dark. So I'm looking at the red light from the tester and this shadow thing moved across the tv, past the red light because as it passed the red light, it had blocked it. I saw this figure move across the foot of the bed I was in and go into the bathroom. Now at this point, I tried to get out of bed but I couldn't. It was like I was stuck to the bed. I started to scream who are you. After I said this I was able to jump out of bed and I ran into the bathroom expecting to see someone in there. I turn on the lights to the bathroom and no one is in it. I'm shaking now,my wife lifts her head off her pillow and asks if I'm ok.I ask her didn't you hear me screaming. She said she heard me muttering something unrecognizable, but I was not screaming. I told her what I had saw..it was a very large shadowed figure, that appeared to be wearing some sort of robe with a hood.

I am not doubting your version or calling you a liar, but that sounds an awful lot like lucid dreaming to me. I've had a few of those and the emotions and feelings are so damn real I've woken up drenched in a cold sweat, crying my eyes out, and once even hitting the hubby. I can see how one with the right details would be almost indistinguishable from reality.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I am not doubting your version or calling you a liar, but that sounds an awful lot like lucid dreaming to me. I've had a few of those and the emotions and feelings are so damn real I've woken up drenched in a cold sweat, crying my eyes out, and once even hitting the hubby. I can see how one with the right details would be almost indistinguishable from reality.

I've woken up from dreams a few times, unable to move, feeling like i can't breathe. hate that!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This is a fantastic thread:

What is the strangest thing you have seen in the woods? - Glock Talk

In that thread, someone has linked to a similar thread from a PNW-area hunting forum.

Read the GT link...find the other link... Spend many hours reading! Good times.

-J-

This one is pretty funny. Big bad survivalists with ghost stories and freaking out about a bunch of stuff they imagined. There are some pretty good stories in there and there are a handful of good story tellers in that thread.

Creepy stories from the outdoors. - Survivalist Forum

Top Bottom