INGO ghost stories and the unexplained...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I went to College at Saint Joseph's in Rensselaer, and there is a 3 story building called the Evan's Arts and Science building. It was built in 1913 after the old gym there burned down. It houses the library, theater, science labs and a bunch of class rooms. On the 2nd floor across from the theater there is a small computer lab that is open 24/hr for students to use. As a typical college student, I'd find myself up there pretty late doing papers and what not and usually you would be the only one up there. There would be times you would hear tapping sounds and you could sense something/someone watching you from outside the door while you were there. Just very strange, nothing terrifying just the kind of scared that makes the hair on the back of your neck stick up.

There were other rumors around campus about places being haunted and stuff but I never had any other experiences than the ones I mentioned above. If you go to Haunted Indiana - Home they list St. Joe as the most haunted college campus in Indiana, as well as some of the other haunted places in Indiana.

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Sometimes I walk by our gun closet and hear a different language being spoken. And the door shuts on its own sometimes. Onetime I duct taped the bolt of my Mosin shut to keep water from getting in ( This was during a leak we had ) And when I went to check on it, it had the duct tape off and the rifle was oiled. We had all been at church

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    When I worked at a nursing home (old ex mental institution), one night I saw an old man in a black suit walking around. Then I heard the piano playing.

There were 3 ppl on that floor. Myself, an old lady post op, and a cancer patient.

Needless to say I cracked their doors and turned on the hallway lights. After that I always got the feeling I was being watched and had cold chills.

Thankfully I no longer have to work there.

I've also seen cats let me know who was getting ready to die. The cat would sleep at the foot of their bed for about a week :(

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I'm surprised there are not more stories related to guns. People could have died holding them. Or killed with them.Also I hear sometimes at gettysberg you can hear gunshots and screams

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    In Nov. 2004, a good friend of mine was involved in an accident and was killed. The following night, I had some strange experiences- I was either dreaming or in a half-awake state (still not sure). Anyway, I heard my bedroom door creak open. I opened my eyes to find that the door, which was normally closed, was opened. Thinking nothing of it, I closed my eyes and started drifting back to sleep. A few seconds passed and I reopened my eyes, to check one last time. This time, I saw my friend sitting at the edge of my bed. I felt exhausted from the stress of the day and didn't have the energy to move, but I really didn't feel the need to. I felt totally comfortable with the situation. We talked briefly and he told me that he was fine and everything would be okay. The next morning, I felt like a HUGE weight had been lifted off my chest, literally- I could feel a physical change. Not only that, but I was incredibly calm regarding the whole situation. The craziest part was that 2 other friends had similar experiences that night.

Apparently he had talked to my mom a few weeks before his death and had mentioned to her that he would try to find a way to get me to start going to church again.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Alzheimer's patient are absolutely horrible during full moons. Guaranteed to get hit at least once during a full moon when I was unit manager.

my wife has worked in nursing homes, hospitals and has now been in the ER for a couple years and i think everything is worse during the full moon from what she says.

the last hospital she worked at had stuff going on in it. they could see black figures running back in forth between rooms in the mirror ball for looking down the hospital and they had other things happen. they actually had a priest come in and a do a blessing (catholic hospital)

with everything that happens in a a hospital, nursing home, mental institution, and churches i can see where things would "fall off" of folks and hang out till it found something else to latch on to

jake

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm a pretty skeptical person, but with all the stories here and the things I've experienced personally it's pretty hard to believe that it's all in our heads. My uncle moved in with my mom toward the end of last year, on-going health problems limited what he was able to do and he couldn't really work much. Monday night she called me in a panic because she had found him dead in her basement. The coroner believed that he probably died sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning. The reason I mention this is because my mom said that Sunday morning the dog went nuts. She was barking (the dog, not my mom) and staring into the hallway for a few minutes and then was back to normal. She usually doesn't act this way and my mom wondered if she didn't sense something.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I'm a pretty skeptical person, but with all the stories here and the things I've experienced personally it's pretty hard to believe that it's all in our heads. My uncle moved in with my mom toward the end of last year, on-going health problems limited what he was able to do and he couldn't really work much. Monday night she called me in a panic because she had found him dead in her basement. The coroner believed that he probably died sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning. The reason I mention this is because my mom said that Sunday morning the dog went nuts. She was barking (the dog, not my mom) and staring into the hallway for a few minutes and then was back to normal. She usually doesn't act this way and my mom wondered if she didn't sense something.

animals often times are sensitive to the things we are not able to see and hear. my mothers old house had stuff in it such as shadow figures, doors moving, cabinet door opening and closing etc. my living situation changed and she took my 150 pound rottie for me, and he would bark down the halls etc. he wasnt skittish something was there. and of course i had seen stuff myself, but the dog saw more

jake

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    To anyone who may be interested, there are "haunted bus tours" usually starting next month in the NWI area. I have been on a few, and they were fun. The Haunted Pub Crawl seems one of the favorites. You aren't allowed to booze it on the bus, but at the stops the sprits flow!. The tour leader tells legends of many, and we ended up at a deserted graveyard at midnite. Very spooky! Just passing on info, PM if you would like the name of the Tour.

Top Bottom