INGO ghost stories and the unexplained...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Has anyone ever been to Moody road near Rensselaer????? We used to go there when I was a kid whenever we would be at Fountain Park. Supposedly a farmers daughter was raped and murdered by 3 drifters in the late 1800's. Long story short he caught 2 and spent his last days searching for the 3rd. I you go to the road where his old farm house is and flash your headlights 3 times a ball of light comes out at the other end of the road. I have seen it a few times. It kinda looks like a motorcycle head light coming towards you. Back in the day unsolved mystery's supposedly ( I never saw it ) did a special on it and could not figure out where the light came from.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Back in my younger, dumber days...about 6 years ago lol....

My friends and I decided it would be a good idea to load up in a couple trucks, and head out to do some "road farming" (Definition: Driving around very rural areas while drinking) Not a good idea

We came across a small town in the middle of nowhere (around the Roachdale area), and decided it would be a good idea to cruise through the cemetary for $#1%s and giggles. :n00b:

It was snowing at the moment, and there was about 2 inches on the ground. In the middle of this cemetary was a gazeebo(sp?), and while driving by it, I noticed small footprints in the snow. These were human tracks by the way. I grew up hunting and trapping so I know my animal tracks. They were very small tracks, as if they had come from a child. The tracks when straight from a gravestone to the gazeebo, and back to the grave.

So curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to go read the gravestone. Turns out, the grave was for a 5 year old girl that had died back in the 80's :( I had the guys with me look at the grave and the tracks to make sure I wasn't seeing things. So we high-tailed it out of there in a hurry, and I've believed in ghosts ever since.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Francessville light.

Google it.

Many urban stories on this place.

Been there many times both inebriated and not and seen things everytime.

The last time I was there it looked like a UFO was at the end of the road.

Multiple colored lights swirling all over the place then joining into one large one.

I was stone sober and got the hell out of there and have not been back.

Odd place.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    when I was a child at home my mothers uncle lived with with us .I shared a large upstairs bed room with him he lost a lung to turburcleosis and would wake me at night with a coughing fit .He would talk to me about being a child in Boston in the teens and twenties/going to the worlds fair in chicago with my grandpa .seeing mobsters in 30ies.he passed away on a saturday afternoon in our living room watching a football game .at about the time he died my brother and I were upstairs playing and we just stopped sat down a looked at each other and said calmly"" what was that we felt something .Ran down and seen Johnney slumped over called for mom ,our neighbor was a fireman ran and got him he came in radioed for help .they took him to hospital he was d.o.a.He always put his change with the coins face up on the dresser when I would put my change on the dresser I just put it down I started to noticed most of it would be face up.told my older brother about it he just shrugged but noticed that no matter how cool the house was the the spot in the living room where he died was always warmer .Not scary but weird .I told my best friend about it when he spent the night ,showed him how the change would land .he tried and about half face up half face down in the morning all but one was face up and I had nothing to do with it.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    When I lived in Georgetown in 86 I had a VERY close encounter with a UFO. It came out of nowhere and hovered about40 feet off the ground. It lit up the ground under it like daylight. It made a pulsing noise while sitting still. After about a minute the lights dimmed about 50% and it slowly moved off. It was round, had no wings or conventional propulsion. Moved too slow for any type of conventional aircraft. I was no more than 60 feet from it and I got a good look at it and will never forget it. I have no ghost stories.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Has anyone ever been to Moody road near Rensselaer????? We used to go there when I was a kid whenever we would be at Fountain Park. Supposedly a farmers daughter was raped and murdered by 3 drifters in the late 1800's. Long story short he caught 2 and spent his last days searching for the 3rd. I you go to the road where his old farm house is and flash your headlights 3 times a ball of light comes out at the other end of the road. I have seen it a few times. It kinda looks like a motorcycle head light coming towards you. Back in the day unsolved mystery's supposedly ( I never saw it ) did a special on it and could not figure out where the light came from.

Just saw this post.

This is the Francessville Light I spoke of a couple posts down from yours.

Moody lane is another of the area stories and close to the Light road and maybe ties in together with it somehow.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I spent a lot of my youth years at my Grandparents house in Glenn's Valley.
    They had purchased a home where two gruesome murders had taken place.
    (Mom and Daughter by the Husband)

Grandfather had patched the floors where the shotgun blast blew holes
    thru flooring and carpeted the entire house.

One morning, after spending the night, I questioned my Grandmother
    about the pacing up and down the hall in the middle of the night with heels on.
    Just constant pacing back and forth.
    She did not answer me and I forgot about it.
    The next time I spent the night, it happened again.

This time I expected an answer, she said that it was not her, that it happened pretty regular and she hadn't told me the history of the house in fear that I would not want to spend the night there again.

I spent many a more night there.
    It was very regular, everynight at 11:00 you could hear those
    heels pacing up and down the carpeted hall.

Turn on the lights and nothing.

Now, I hear voices but thats a differnet story.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I've woken up from dreams a few times, unable to move, feeling like i can't breathe. hate that!

That happens when your body and your mind are unsynchronized when waking up. Your mind wakes up but your body is still in sleep mode. There is a special word for it but the Chinese have some superstition about it.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I havent really had to many unexplained things happen to me but one thing inparticular, that I will never forget is this. When I was 5, my parents bought the house across the street from our old house. The house was in need of repair and there we a lot of pictures taken of it thoughout the remodel. In the final picture you can clearly see that thier is a person about 10 ft up in a tree in the front yard. His legs are not really clear but they do come all the way down to the ground in the form of a gunny sack looking thing. My dad took the picture from the street and will swear that there wasnt another person anywhere around. Being curious of what it was he had the picture blown up and looked at by many people. After looking closer its actually his brother in a suit with a red tie. The only problem with that is his brother was actually killed in a car crash about 15 years earlier at the end of the road where the house is. The red tie and suit were actually what he was buried in. Kinda a creepy story in my eyes, and if anyone whats to see the picture we actually still have it.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I will if it will scan. I havent ever tried to scan anything but I will go to my parents this weekend and get it and scan it. Just give me time I will get it up.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    When me & my wife was dating ,we were driving back to No. Manchester from Peru.My wife looked out in a field & noticed it was illuminated,I slowed down & there was a large hovering craft that was making no noise about 100 yds up that was triangle shaped (the light formation) then it lifted straight up & was gone in a flash .the car didnt die & there was no loss of time & was not probed but Peru is real close to Grissom AFB ,makes you wonder.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i've seen things move, i've been touched, i've been in churches where all kinds of creepy things have happened, and i've seen shadow people a couple of times.

for me on a personal level i dont struggle with believing, but more of "what is it" i'm conflicted between the two schools of thoughts. it really is a human spirit vs. its demonic in nature. i guess to an extent it could be both but the human spirit idea goes against my faith somewhat.

very interesting thread, sorry i missed it when it was originally going. good stories guys

jake

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Several days after my father passed, I heard him say my name, as clear as if he were in the room. I was wide awake at the time. It didn't scare me at all. I had no illusion that it was real or any sign at all except that my heart and soul was aching for him. I did, however say "what do you want, dad?" but didn't expect or get a reply.

I don't believe in ghosts. There exists, however, many "supernatural" events. These will increase as the end times nears. Much of this activity has a demonic origin.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Several days after my father passed, I heard him say my name, as clear as if he were in the room. I was wide awake at the time. It didn't scare me at all. I had no illusion that it was real or any sign at all except that my heart and soul was aching for him. I did, however say "what do you want, dad?" but didn't expect or get a reply.

I don't believe in ghosts. There exists, however, many "supernatural" events. These will increase as the end times nears. Much of this activity has a demonic origin.

i'm kinda with you on your take. but religion is a no no on here so i'll leave it there :)

jake

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    For as long as I can remember I have never had anything happen that I couldn't logically explain. However, when I was around 3-6 years old I had a ghost friend named Junior. I am going by what I was told by my mom, dad, and older brother. Apparently I had this ghost friend for several years. He lived in the basement of our old house in town. The house was quite old and the mortar had been mixed with pig blood from what my dad says. Apparently I was always consistant about what Junior looked like, what he did, etc, etc. And also I guess I spoke to him quite often. I have always wrote it off as kids being kids making up imaginary friends. My brother has a different version...

To him apparently Junior was an actual ghost that I communicated with regularly. He remembers me playing in my parents room one day and he heard me talking to the ghost. He said I walked out of the room and asked him to do something for me. Later he went into my parents room and the rocking chair was rocking. I had not been in the room for around 10 minutes. Another incident involved me sleeping in my brothers room. I kept tossing and turning and he got angry and told me to go to my room. He states that after I turned the corner of the hallway something or someone yelled in his face. He said he could feel the heat from the yell. He freaked out and left the house and stayed at a friends that night. Last but not least he said that when he was alone at home once for a while he went into the basement to get some firewood and the basement door shut really quickly while he was down there. He ran back upstairs and again left the house until we got home. My dad and mom never did anything about it accept assume he was joking. He was around 13 at the time and to this day at 33 years old it still freaks him out to talk about it.

Top Bottom