• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    We have a concept 2 rower. Phenomenal workout. Whole body plus cardio. I would do some abs if you have low back pain too

Air Assault Bike....aka "the Devil's tricycle". It will put a hurting on you, not bad on the back.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty much good with abs. I've kinda slacked off since about July when we started the new shift, but when I get my weight workouts in, I still do 100-200 abdominal exercises. I was more in the 300/week range. Back issues come and go, and about twice a year I over do it lifting something heavy and have serious issues that usually go away within 24 hours. I just need something where my back stays neutral and straight up and down for the most part. I really would like to get more stretching in to increase flexibility. I'm hoping that would help with the back issue.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    About to do filthy fifty... Hope i don't die

For time:
    50 Box jump, 24 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders

That one is pretty nasty. Dirty dozen is rough too.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Been awhile since I checked in. It appears several of you are doing CrossFit. I just started 3 months ago. I got tired of trying to figure out new programming every 6-8 weeks and all I was really doing was mixing up various weightlifting movements to keep from getting stale.

It is really nice to walk into our gym at 5:30 am and have a coach tell me what to do! Plus the varied workouts make it much more fun than what I have been doing.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    About a year ago I discovered resistance bands. They are pretty cool. You can exercise all parts of your body. The really nice thing is you can do the exercises at home. I got a set from Bodylastics for about $30. I am fortunate that I walk a lot for my job. I average 10k steps per day which is almost 5 miles. Good luck and keep at it

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It helped having my wife as a partner to split it up, but I was toast.

that's awesome that you guys work out together. Just something special about bonding over self improvement and physical exhaustion through exercise

just curious, what would she do if you no-repped her 28th burpee for not getting hands above ears? :):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Our gym is doing a rowing contest. Have to do the WOD and then you can row. One point for each calorie. "Buy-in" of 3k or 5k is 300 or 500 pts.

i just did my 5k row, about 300 cals. A guy today did a 1000cal row in 1:28. Absolutely insane.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We're in a rowing competition at the gym.

today I rowed 17,000 meters for 1,011 calories after the workout. Also dropped my PR in the mile by 37 seconds to 8:35 and PR'd clean and jerk at 185.

update: nap time. I can't stay awake. The row took nearly two hours

Last edited:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    We're in a rowing competition at the gym.

today I rowed 17,000 meters for 1,011 calories after the workout. Also dropped my PR in the mile by 37 seconds to 8:35 and PR'd clean and jerk at 185.

update: nap time. I can't stay awake. The row took nearly two hours

Thats a lot of rowing.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Back squats and Annie yesterday. Apparently I'm very slow at sit-ups. I'm pretty good at double unders and got her done in 8:01. There are several sub-6 minute times on our gym's board. :faint: On the bright side, my knee is feeling better and stronger every day.

Annie

50-40-30-20-10 of
    Double Unders
    Sit-ups

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    First 7 mile run since my injury. Pace was slower then I wanted (by 30 seconds per mile) but now that I have this under my belt, I can start increasing the pace.

Carmel Marathon is 5 months away. My goal remains the same of a sub 4 hour marathon.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today was fitness testing and we redid a work out from June.

15 Burpees
    400 m run
    15 pull-ups
    Three rounds for time.

I did jumping pull-ups with a 45 pound and a 15 pound plate. I did it in 15 minutes and 12 seconds, exactly 4 minutes and 42 seconds faster than when I did it back in June. That was about two weeks before I went into atrial fibrillation. Maybe I was getting sick then, because I don't think I'm it that much better shape now.

Top Bottom