• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordan0429

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I am new to Bloomington and Indiana for IU. Hopefully some of you guys who have the right idea about shooting unlike many (so it seems) will introduce yourselves and I would really like to make some new friends up here that are into the gun culture.

Just a little about myself,
    I'm from Houston, Texas and I own too many guns.
    I just transferred to IU but credits did not transfer enough to qualify me as a sophomore (sucks). In any case I am 19 and have been shooting for a few years and personally owned firearms for the last year or so.

Also, I am looking for a range near Bloomington within a half hour drive if possible where I can rent a gun and buy ammo there. I plan to bring over at least one of my guns from home to plink with next year when i get an appartment off campus.

Thanks, and please don't be shy!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Hi everyone,

I am new to Bloomington and Indiana for IU. Hopefully some of you guys who have the right idea about shooting unlike many (so it seems) will introduce yourselves and I would really like to make some new friends up here that are into the gun culture.

I just transferred to IU but credits did not transfer enough to qualify me as a sophomore (sucks). In any case I am 19 and have been shooting for a few years and personally owned firearms for the last year or so.

Also, I am looking for a range near Bloomington within a half hour drive if possible where I can rent a gun and buy ammo there. I plan to bring over at least one of my guns from home to plink with next year when i get an appartment off campus.

I am going to my range in Martinsville Thursday evening if you would like to meet and be my 'guest' to the range. It's about 30-35 mins from downtown IU campus. can't rent stuff, or buy ammo, but it is a range. :) leave a note on my pfofile if interested.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I enjoyed the last one; but, it seems that it was forever ago.

We have new people on the forum from the area and I'd like to pick up a shooting buddy or two, who could shoot on my schedule!

And we can eat BW3's BBQ again, for course.... :popcorn:
    What about current INGO members that are new to the area? I just moved north of Bedford and depending on when/where I may be in.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to IU! I'm a senior here, originally from MD. There aren't ranges (that I know of) within that distance to rent guns at, closest I'd say are in Indy. I'm also a member at the Martinsville range, and would be happy to let you shoot some of my guns if you supply your ammo :)

Also, when you do get an off-campus apartment, know that you need a LTCH or other CCW to go to the range. There's no exemption from the law for going to the range.

anybody is more than welcome to come, it's always been that way and I'm sure will remain that way.
    IDK, there was some crazy dude with a flag at the last one. Not sure he's welcome back :D

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'd be up for it if I don't have any conflicts with the date. My schedule is sporadic and varying with the odd jobs I do in the evenings, so don't plan around me, but I'll try to attend if I've got the evening free :)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    anybody is more than welcome to come, it's always been that way and I'm sure will remain that way.
    I was sort of joking around about that because the OP only mentioned area members that are new to the forum, didn't mention forum members that are new to the area. :D

Thursday about 6:30 in Martinsville. PM me, or Tyler and he/I could meet somewhere so you could follow in.
    Dang it, I was hoping it wouldn't be this week. I'll be leaving after work Thursday to go to my college homecoming. Maybe next time. I would love to get together and do some shooting.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I was sort of joking around about that because the OP only mentioned area members that are new to the forum, didn't mention forum members that are new to the area. :D

Dang it, I was hoping it wouldn't be this week. I'll be leaving after work Thursday to go to my college homecoming. Maybe next time. I would love to get together and do some shooting.

I also try very hard to make it every Sat. morning as well; rain or shine. PM me sometime, I'll give you my cell # if and when you'd be coming.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Thursday about 6:30 in Martinsville. PM me, or Tyler and he/I could meet somewhere so you could follow in.

I may see you up there. Been wanting to take one of the long guns out for a spin. Seems only the pistols have made it out of the safe lately. :D

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Not in Bloomington anymore, but I'd be come down for an INGO meet, as long as the date worked for me.

Bdubs again? I second the Upland suggestion, but not too sure how happy they'd be about people OCing...

ETA: Oh, oh, oh! What about the BBQ place? Their cornbread is pretty much fire...

Top Bottom