• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    The Lady and I went mushrooming today. She found the one and only mushroom. At least we did not have any ticks and we got to see some nice country.

Ruger 9, any camping trip is a good one. Keep it simple and have a great time no matter what comes your way.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Eh, who knew planning a camping trip was so much darn work! Make me antsy for the trip that it works out and is worth it.

Going anywhere good? Weather pending, I'm camping next weekend but I've got a 'bug out bag' (kinda) that has all my camping gear. Tent, sleeping bag, hatchet, camp-stove, knife, firestarter, flashlight, emergency/wind-up radio, etc. All I have to do is grab a gallon of water or two, some food to cook and some beer to be ready for a weekend in the woods :P

The Lady and I went mushrooming today. She found the one and only mushroom. At least we did not have any ticks and we got to see some nice country.

Ruger 9, any camping trip is a good one. Keep it simple and have a great time no matter what comes your way.

Looked last weekend and found nothing. :(

Used to go with my grandfather when he was still alive out and around his cabin. Spend a couple hours in the woods and would fill up some breadbags full. Grandama would cook them in the house, batter them in milk and eggs, roll in flour, pepper and crumbled Ritz crackers. Fry in cast iron. Mmmm. So good. :)

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Going anywhere good? Weather pending, I'm camping next weekend but I've got a 'bug out bag' (kinda) that has all my camping gear. Tent, sleeping bag, hatchet, camp-stove, knife, firestarter, flashlight, emergency/wind-up radio, etc. All I have to do is grab a gallon of water or two, some food to cook and some beer to be ready for a weekend in the woods :P

The plan is to spend about 4 days on the beach at Cape Lookout in NC this summer. The hardest part is planning of the how and when of driving, the food (incluidng keeping a cooler cold for 4 days) and how to fit all of the stuff we need in the truck along with 2 dogs. I can drive the route I take in my sleep but the last time we went down that way to go to Myrtle Beach, it was me and my wife. Now I've got a kid and 2 dogs to add in to spice it up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    i have no idea what the Kaizen is, other than people try to submit "kaizens" to get reward points here. Is it like some Six sigma sort of thing, or is it more team building where you fall and they catch you?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have to get up early and drive to Franklin tomorrow. I really want to reschedule my appointment but I did that last week when my entrails were attempting to become my outtrails through any orifice possible. First world problems....I know

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    i have no idea what the Kaizen is, other than people try to submit "kaizens" to get reward points here. Is it like some Six sigma sort of thing, or is it more team building where you fall and they catch you?

I never heard of it until two years ago. Yes very similar to Six Sigma.

Basically it is a Japanese word for continuous improvement of processes, productivity, safety, what have you.
    You take a process and with a group of people, study it, make it better and more efficient. Always looking for ways to improve on what you just did.

There is free lunch also which is a perk!!

I did one in our Fed Ex department two years ago. I did not really want to, but it was a way to get my ideas heard for once. I ended up cutting time and labor by 65% with just small changes in processes. This one is mostly management. I emailed an idea to one of them and got drafted. :n00b:

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Beer and chicken wings. Woo.

Probably need to lay down before the sun rises so I can go vote before work later today. I always say that then find myself at 8AM just going to bed and setting my alarm for noon and having a sluggish day on 4 hours of sleep. :(

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have to get up early and drive to Franklin tomorrow. I really want to reschedule my appointment but I did that last week when my entrails were attempting to become my outtrails through any orifice possible. First world problems....I know

First-world problem or not, take care of yourself and get well!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good to hear that you are basically OK. I am going to try to get some sleep, after already attempting and failing. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with a bulldozer that needs to get some work done.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Have to get up early to take Dad to the Doctor, then work early for three day Kaizen event. Not my department, but should be fun.

OK...scratch the "Should be fun" part. Two days into it, and no one wants to fix anything, just re write work instructions. I really got after them today about it, very frustrating!!
    Not counting disrupting my schedule, it has been pretty much a waste of my time. A few things are out of our control, with corporate IT issues, but we can still send e-mails and get the green light to move forward. No one wants to be responsible, or accountable. :soapbox: Tired and frustrated.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Finished the Kaizen today. Did not get accomplished what I would have liked to, but not my call.

I did get drafted to train for another department to cover for them. Not sure if that is good or bad.Looks good for any future job interests I guess.

It is actually hot in the house tonight. Kicked on the AC for a few minutes, for a test run and cool it off a little. Kind of early for that though. I have my schedule all messed up this week and do not know if I am coming or going!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I ran the air for the last two days. I'm sleepign during the day and can't stand sleeping when it's hot out. I'll open windows again tomorrow.

Oh, and hiring a tree crew to take down three trees is a bad idea for a day you are trying to sleep.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    ... Oh, and hiring a tree crew to take down three trees is a bad idea for a day you are trying to sleep.

If you are properly medicated, it would not matter if they were running the chipper next to your bed...

What is the going rate for 3 trees nowadays? I have a bid for one tree at 600.00. I could easily see three reduced to 18-20" pieces.

Top Bottom