• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I paid $1240 for three trees and a top. One tree was pretty darn tall too. The two completely dead ones were probably 18" trunks, the tall one was probably 20". They cut and stacked everything and put my brush on a pile I had on a lot next to mine. The swept the yard, no tracks in the grass since they climb and cut rather than use a cherry picker.

Arbor Experts, guy's name is John.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I just can't bring myself to turn any of our AC units on yet. I want to so bad tonight though. I can't stand to be hot when I sleep

I'm putting my window AC in tomorrow. No central air, sadly. Been 80+ inside the house, and it sucks sweating when you're just sitting down watching TV or something.

I guess it doesn't help that i'm drinking hot coffee right now... but still, AC will be great tomorrow!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm putting my window AC in tomorrow. No central air, sadly. Been 80+ inside the house, and it sucks sweating when you're just sitting down watching TV or something.

I guess it doesn't help that i'm drinking hot coffee right now... but still, AC will be great tomorrow!

I don't have central AC either. And to make it even more interesting I have those stupid casement windows that slide sideways. Yeah a normal window unit won't fit so I have to buy the uber expensive casement units (I only have one...in my bedroom so I can sleep comfortably). Either that or one of the big portable ones. I found a casement unit at Menard's for $300....hopefully I will be able to buy it in the next few weeks. It's only gonna get hotter

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I don't have central AC either. And to make it even more interesting I have those stupid casement windows that slide sideways. Yeah a normal window unit won't fit so I have to buy the uber expensive casement units (I only have one...in my bedroom so I can sleep comfortably). Either that or one of the big portable ones. I found a casement unit at Menard's for $300....hopefully I will be able to buy it in the next few weeks. It's only gonna get hotter

I woke up yesterday at 2:45pm after my wife went to work, windows open and AC off, drenched in sweat. 80F in the house. Even the dogs were complaining, so on the AC went. But do still need a fan for the office. 3 monitors, 2 computers and associated stuff puts out a lot of heat.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Not a cat person...Sorry.

Spent the day in the yard, and it was a beautiful day!!! A little sun burnt, but not bad. Got a lot done, but saw a whole lot more that needs done. Yard looks nice, but this winter damn near killed every small tree and shrub I have. Time for a re-do all the way around the house. $$$

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Changed the locks out on the rental and did some drywall repair this evening. Thankful the now former tenant didn't trash the place before they left; actually made an effort to clean but took the oak table we left in the house for them to use. The lawnmower is gone too. But it's small compared to the house being intact..

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    It started raining hard about 10 minutes ago with a nice accompaniment of thunder and lightning.

We had a tornado hit about a mile from me tonight. It was nasty for a couple hours.

On a brighter note, had a good day with Mom. Went to the nursing home, and spent several hours. We took her lunch, and took her outside for a long while, it was really nice to see her so cheerful and alert for a change!! Love you Mom!!

Top Bottom