• ...and so much more!
  • Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    There was this time...in band camp...

Whenever I hear of someone who was in the band, I always think of "American Pie". You ever play the trumpet?

Oooo whenever someone says anything about band camp.... I played sax, mellophone, and even bass drum in marching band or drumline. I also played oboe and flute/piccolo. :):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There was this time...in band camp...

Whenever I hear of someone who was in the band, I always think of "American Pie". You ever play the trumpet?

No, I didn't. When I was in 6th grade, the band director made a recruiting trip with pretty much one of everything. I tried the trumpet, and couldn't get sound. Same thing with the French Horn. Someone else was trying the trombone, so I picked up the baritone, and THERE WAS SOUND! Decision made!

Oooo whenever someone says anything about band camp.... I played sax, mellophone, and even bass drum in marching band or drumline. I also played oboe and flute/piccolo. :):

Such talent, and then became a gun owner on the bargain. You have much to be proud of!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's about time to turn in! Bacon and eggs in the morning, then work that needs done, and unless I get overwhelmed with something, chicken cordon bleu in the evening. That said, it is much easier to get up after going to bed first!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    No, I didn't. When I was in 6th grade, the band director made a recruiting trip with pretty much one of everything. I tried the trumpet, and couldn't get sound. Same thing with the French Horn. Someone else was trying the trombone, so I picked up the baritone, and THERE WAS SOUND! Decision made!

Such talent, and then became a gun owner on the bargain. You have much to be proud of!

Too funny. I remember when the music teachers came around when we were in the 6th grade. This kid's first choice was drums, then trumpet, then sax. Nope. They had too many of each. Well I was damned if I was going to play flute or clarinet (not that there is anything wrong with that), so I got saddled with the trombone. Awkward times during the early 1980's, but turned out to be a blast!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well I was damned if I was going to play flute or clarinet (not that there is anything wrong with that

As a former clarinet player I can assure you, there is something wrong with that. I chose it because it was like a recorder and I was good with that. Should have done trumpet :(

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    As a former clarinet player I can assure you, there is something wrong with that. I chose it because it was like a recorder and I was good with that. Should have done trumpet :(

I remember when I was trying the clarinet it was squeaky. :):
    The trumpet is fun, until you have to play high notes. Haha

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    In 1775 on Nov 10th my Corps was founded. I am a US Marine and though I may of been out of uniform since the end of 2011 Nov 10th I will forever be a Marine.

Top Bottom