• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hey Savage Eagle...father of three boys 6, 4, and 2 with precious little time for internet surfing but faithful defender of the 2nd amendment. I ran across this info about an OC event this Saturday - sorry for my ignorance, but where again are you meeting? Girls school road or downtown Indy? Also, if I bring an M6A2...I am assuming we are open bolt, no mag, weapon on safe, yes? Can a sidearm be carried laoded legally? Again sorry for my ignorance but I don't have a lot of free time to research these issues. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I am in full support of your efforts! Oh, I do have a lifetime Indy permit and a non-resident VA permit...looking forward to the 2nd Amendment march in DC.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey Savage Eagle...father of three boys 6, 4, and 2 with precious little time for internet surfing but faithful defender of the 2nd amendment. I ran across this info about an OC event this Saturday - sorry for my ignorance, but where again are you meeting? Girls school road or downtown Indy? Also, if I bring an M6A2...I am assuming we are open bolt, no mag, weapon on safe, yes? Can a sidearm be carried laoded legally? Again sorry for my ignorance but I don't have a lot of free time to research these issues. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I am in full support of your efforts! Oh, I do have a lifetime Indy permit and a non-resident VA permit...looking forward to the 2nd Amendment march in DC.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...c_event_in_indy_stand_up_for_your_rights.html

Check that thread for more info.

As for your questions, kids can surely keep you busy. I do this with 4 about the same ages myself! :D We will be meeting downtown Indy at the address specified in the other thread. Open bolt is not required, but unchambered is. If you have your bolt open and it gets knocked, it would chamber a round from the mag, and if not cleaned, could discharge the round. :eek: Sidearm can and should be carried loaded. Wouldn't have it any other way! I carry locked and loaded 24/7. :D

I haven't kept up on the Washington March. I tried to do a coordinated National March in each state but it fell apart from What-If'ers. :rolleyes: Some people just can't stand to see someone stand up for their rights! :):

Just make sure to be there no later than noon. The walk will start no later than 1pm.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Statement of Intent letters have been printed.
    We have roughly 950 of the 2 versions :D

It may be overkill, but I had the spare paper on the shelf, so I just ran it.;)

They look better than they do on the screen. I had one of my customers look at it before I went to press and he advised me to screen back the background on both, just a bit more, so that's what I did.

Anything else I can print before the walk, just let me know.:yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Statement of Intent letters have been printed.
    We have roughly 950 of the 2 versions :D

It may be overkill, but I had the spare paper on the shelf, so I just ran it.;)

They look better than they do on the screen. I had one of my customers look at it before I went to press and he advised me to screen back the background on both, just a bit more, so that's what I did.

Anything else I can print before the walk, just let me know.:yesway:

God, I have no idea what to put in them except what was listed on the OP of this thread. If ANYONE has anything good, print it. I was going to suggest copies of the Armed Citizen Articles from the NRA Mags, but I don't have the permission to do so.

Those pictures I posted we were given permission to print and distribute. :D

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Ok...
    if I print up the following 2...

40 Reasons for Gun Control &
    Indiana Gun Laws Summarized

Should I take these 2 plus the Statement of Intent and staple all three together so they are easier to handout, or should they stay separate for handing out?

I think they should be stapled together, so each person that gets a packet doesn't miss out on part of the info.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok...

Should I take these 2 plus the Statement of Intent and staple all three together so they are easier to handout, or should they stay separate for handing out?

I think they should be stapled together, so each person that gets a packet doesn't miss out on part of the info.

Sounds good to me. Next time we'll have more info to hand out. We'll just treat this one as a test run for now. See how the PEOPLE react to it. I know some people that I've talked to about it are not so receptive, but some are. :dunno: We'll see how it goes! :D

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's too much information. Nobody will read through all of that except perhaps our opponents looking for a roadmap to attack the laws that support us.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I've heard that the attention span of the average person is just over 3 minutes...our info may bore most, and they will probably only get through the first couple of paragraphs, but for those that are curious of our existence, may read further.

Estimates for the length of human attention span are highly variable and range from 3 to 5 minutes per year of age in young children, to a maximum of around 20 minutes in adults.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Just some thoughts.... No need for color if it's too much.

gun-free2.jpg

harmless8906.jpg

hearts_minds.jpg

herkids0557.jpg

homefront_l9l5813.jpg

la_riots_dsir0079_1.jpg

lifeliberty1950.jpg

littleblack1253.jpg

nola_l9l5826.jpg

whydothey.jpg

yourkid0181-1.jpg

1919-2.jpg

911_l9l5803.jpg

am18.jpg

defense0154.jpg

flintlock9628.jpg

I would recommend you go over to The High Road and PM Oleg Volk to get permission to use any of those. He was good about giving me permission to use the top one for my sign.

BTW, the fourth picture is of my friend Michael Z. Williamson's wife and two kids. And Morrigan (now age 11) is a better shot than I am--probably a better shot than most of the people on this forum ;)

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ok...

If the "40 reasons" is this one, then please get Mike Williamson's Permission for using the "40 reasons for gun control." I believe you won't have any problem getting it (and I can ask him if you'd like) but the list is copyrighted. In any case, make sure the list is properly attributed with Mike's copyright notice.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I emailed Mr. Volk. I'm not sure if the 40 Reasons came from Mike or not. From his page I'd say he lists more than 40 reasons... :):

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    If the "40 reasons" is this one, then please get Mike Williamson's Permission for using the "40 reasons for gun control." I believe you won't have any problem getting it (and I can ask him if you'd like) but the list is copyrighted. In any case, make sure the list is properly attributed with Mike's copyright notice.

Just before reading this, I fired off an email asking him just that ;)
    I also asked if he would like for me to give reference to the source to give him a plug.:yesway:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I emailed Mr. Volk. I'm not sure if the 40 Reasons came from Mike or not. From his page I'd say he lists more than 40 reasons... :):

Mike's list has been taken, passed around without attribution or permission, and some things altered or dropped in the course of that distribution.

At one time it even turned up in one of the NRA's magazines (passed to them as being "public domain" which it is not). When he pointed out to him that they had published a copyrighted piece without attribution or payment (professional magazines usually pay for articles or features like that), they were good about it (IIRC) and all was worked out amicably, but the material is protected by copyright.

Top Bottom