0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SC-Shooter, thanks for the link! Looks great!

2ADMNLOVER, not a problem I think what Glockster and I are reviseing should do the job nicely. I didn't want to publish it to discourage anyone from what they may come up with.

What we have in the mix right now for the media is serving a dual purpose. It'll be in both the packets and to the media. The media version will be a little more watered down, but they will get a packet if they meet us on site. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks. Give me a few to look it over. I need to walk away from the internet for a while. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How is this for a statement of intent... Let me know what you all think! Thanks Glockster for this. He certainly has a way with words!!!

Statement of Intent: Why we walk today

A group of your fellow American citizens and residents of the great state of Indiana have assembled together in a peaceable manner to help educate our fellow Hoosiers about our rights to lawfully keep and bear arms. In our modern society, many non-gun owners may feel that our historic firearms rights are outdated. We are here today to bring attention to the fact that an armed citizenry has been at the foundation of our liberties since the formation of our great nation and must continue without infringement so that those freedoms we hold most dear may survive.

Most of us are aware that the Constitution of the United States of America is the first codification of the individual’s right to keep and bear arms. The 2nd Amendment, in a section called the Bill of Rights, states that, “the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Many Hoosiers may not know that the Constitution of the State of Indiana also expressly addresses the issue of our rights to bear arms in Section 32: “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.”

Why were our founding fathers so concerned about the common citizen’s ability to own and bear arms?

When these constitutions were written, the authors’ overriding concern was to avoid the tyranny of the many centralized, monarchical governments of Europe. Their experience was that too much power granted to a centralized national government inevitably led to a trampling of the rights of the people. The most important guarantor of the people’s rights was to ensure that they could always keep and bear arms. The Founders reasoned that no standing army raised by a central government could ever overpower the public because they would always be outnumbered many fold. If one studies the great despotic schemes of the 20th Century such as the Russian revolution, China’s Maoist revolution, Nazi Germany, and Castro’s Cuba, one of their first objectives was to confiscate the public’s firearms. Totalitarian governments are afraid to allow the people this freedom because they know it will inevitably lead to resistance to their total control of their societies.

While it may be hard to believe that these types of totalitarian governments would ever emerge in the United States, our Founding Fathers were fearful enough and wise enough to expressly and permanently make private ownership of guns a permanent part of our legal landscape for the express purpose of deterring any such usurping of the people’s power. The Founders trusted the people rather than the corrupting power of large central governments.

Today, we are witnessing increasing hostility toward the time honored right of private gun ownership and carry rights in America.

The Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of our powerful, centralized federal government have made various attempts to weaken or revoke our traditional firearms rights. We have also seen attempts at the state level to infringe on this bedrock right that, thankfully, have failed to date. However, we fear, like our Founding Fathers, that attempts to weaken or circumvent the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution have been increasing and could someday be successful if we don’t raise awareness of these issues with all Hoosiers.

We walk in solidarity with our Founding Fathers and the generations of Hoosiers and Americans that preceded us, in proclaiming our important legal rights to keep and bear arms. As law-abiding citizens, we seek the vigilant support of all our fellow Hoosiers, whether gun owners or not, to defend our liberties against those who would seek to diminish our national and state rights to keep and bear arms.

ATF Consumer, do you think we could get a bunch of these printed up? :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Would also like to know how many packets do you think we will need to hand out?

(Addressing everyone, not just ATF... :D )

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a suggestion:

Paragraph four change, "permanently make private ownership of guns" to "permanently make private ownership and bearing of arms"....

Gotta keep emphasizing the bearing as part of the right.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm ready to put these on the press...anyone have any idea how many to print???

No quantity is too large...I have a crap load of paper to supply for this info sheet.

So, I'm thinking since there isn't any date or anything that could make this info sheet expire, we should make sure we have plenty in case we choose to have a second, third, fourth..etc.:yesway: :)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm setting this up, to add in a bit of graphics...nothing overbearing, but subtle to make this info sheet look nice and professional...I will post a few variations and we can get input on what we want to go with.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Maybe printing up a bunch for our next walks would be good. :dunno: I plan to have more if the message doesn't get across this time.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Anyone have any other suggestions, just let me know...I'd be happy to make any alterations you think could add to these.

whywewalkpage1.png

whywewalkpage2.png

Last edited:

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow! They both look great. Thank you ATF!

What would you think about making the red type two lines of equal length and centered horizontally?

Top Bottom